Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGRPG DiscussionNew 'Planescape' in Numenera setting!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New 'Planescape' in Numenera setting!  (Read 32504 times)
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 01:14:30 am »

Gamers want nothing but a PS:T II, so it does make sense to copy most aspects of the original game. I just hope the content will be as good as the form.

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Starwars

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 01:25:17 am »

Looks fantastic!

Vince: "We strongly believe that the hardcore player doesn't want to be loved, but wants to be kicked in the balls and then kneed in the face."

Check out some of my home-recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/Starwars83/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Shady314
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 02:38:44 am »

That looks incredibly good. Better than I ever hoped actually. That assuages a lot of doubts W2 gave me for Torment. Now to wait until we can see some gameplay.

Can't disagree more that it copies Planescape too much. That had an incredibly good balance to it. It was instantly recognizable to me as "PS:T" but different. Isn't that what you hope for in a spiritual successor?

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams
Sunfire
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 04:14:27 am »

Cool! Gotta try it.
Astorius
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 09:20:05 am »

Looks very promising, i think 2015 will be a good year for rpg's. Witcher 3, Torment and ...a Fallout 4 maybe?
PS Not to mention Satellite Reign, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, AoD(?) and Dead State (?)
In fact, it might be one of the best years for RPG games.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:24:15 am by Astorius » Logged
Shady314
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 09:42:47 am »

Looks very promising, i think 2015 will be a good year for rpg's. Witcher 3, Torment and ...a Fallout 4 maybe?
PS Not to mention Satellite Reign, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, AoD(?) and Dead State (?)
In fact, it might be one of the best years for RPG games.
PoE is aiming for late December so we might be able to kick off the new year with that one.

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 12:27:58 pm »

That video is spectacular. Especially viewed at 1080p, the models and animations are really impressive.
Anonxeuix

Malteser.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 04:23:07 pm »

Indeed. Game looks great!

Will the combat be turn based or will it be sort of RtwP like the original Planescape? I hope the combat will be a huge improvement over the original game.

"I don't take drugs: I am drugs." - Salvador Dali
Shady314
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 04:43:39 pm »

Will the combat be turn based or will it be sort of RtwP like the original Planescape? I hope the combat will be a huge improvement over the original game.
Turn based and they've promised to have less trash encounters than PST did.

UniversalWolf
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 04:58:04 pm »

This looks really good.

I'm happy because this game prompted me to visit the Numenera site, and I thought that looked quite good too.
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 11:19:10 pm »

Turn based and they've promised to have less trash encounters than PST did.
Then this might be the best RPG ever! What PST really lacked is a TB combat system.

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Drav

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 06:41:01 am »

It reminds me more of Mask of the Betrayer than Torment, but I'm not complaining.
Max Roguespierre
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2014, 08:34:38 am »

Not bad for pre-alpha.

OK, that remark was a bit tongue-in-cheek, in truth I am unabashedly hyped about this game (even if it is unlikely to be released before 2016).

I like the retro interface, the walls of text, the voice acting and the music. And I love the way they combine the various elements into an atmospheric whole.

Sure, the running animation (especially on the stairs) could use tweaking, the fluttering cape and cloak were altogether apropos however. Maybe it is simply because I am a Torment fanboy, but to my prejudiced eyes that video was almost mesmeric.

I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 10:09:16 pm »

If Torment: ToN is able to dramatically surpass Wasteland 2 (as most of us probably hope), it'll be due in large part to the writers engaged with the project (and I'm not talking about Rothfuss):
http://www.urbangamingelite.com/features/articles/torment-tides-of-numenera-interview/
Astorius
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 03:34:29 pm »

If Torment: ToN is able to dramatically surpass Wasteland 2 (as most of us probably hope), it'll be due in large part to the writers engaged with the project (and I'm not talking about Rothfuss):
http://www.urbangamingelite.com/features/articles/torment-tides-of-numenera-interview/
Yeah lets hope so, but dramatically surpass a garbage like W2 should not be that hard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: