Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGSystem Crash (Moderator: Gareth)GUI Feedback thread
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GUI Feedback thread  (Read 6938 times)
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 03:47:27 am »

Why not make the color user-configurable, at least within a narrow range of options?

The third-party UI plugin I'm using doesn't have that kind of feature at the moment. I can add it, but it would take time. Time I don't think I have. For now, I'm going to just have to do the best I can.

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 08:00:46 am »

Definitely prefer the blue-green.

Quickly tried Ghan's circuitry idea. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure myself, it's kinda cool but I am a little worried about it making the screen look too "busy".

[attachment deleted by admin]

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
Darkthia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 12:45:27 pm »

I gotta say, that circuitry looks really great, it gives the appearance that the card your playing is being "jacked in" or something suitably cyperpunk.

I'd say wholeheartedly to stick with it.

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 12:48:28 pm »

Ha, I totally disagree. Grin I don't mind the idea of having circuitry on the blank card space, but this circuitry art just seems too coarse, not detailed and varied enough. I'd rather it have the effect of being a more subtle, less opaque background texture, if that makes sense. Between those two alternatives, I prefer the blank one.
Darkthia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 12:50:17 pm »

Eh, to each his own.

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 01:47:49 pm »

I like the circuits Smile

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Spyros
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 03:02:28 pm »

I vote for the circuits, and yes they are both a bit too coarse and too repetitive as they are. Maybe have each slot have its own pattern, or better, one big pattern only showing through the empty slots.
Darkthia

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 03:27:38 pm »

yeah, now that i think about it maybe more variety of circuitry would be better.

Even just another 2-3, or even just mirroring the curent one on some of them.

GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 03:06:14 am »

I like it, naturally Smile

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 05:30:31 am »

Agreed, the circuitry is a bit too coarse at the moment. I wanted to see if the effect would be worthwhile before spending much time on it.

But since the response is generally positive, I'll make something more detailed and add a few variations.

My blog
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: