Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGRPG DiscussionMount and Blade 2: Bannerlord
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord  (Read 813 times)
Gregorus Prime

Look, he's just this guy, you know?

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:15:01 pm »

On the one hand I'm excited for Mountain Braid Part Deux, but on the other hand god damn that is a shitty trailer, even for a teaser.

So discuss I guess? I'm hoping for a better UI to command units with and some higher quality AI all around.
One Wolf
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 12:24:59 am »

Hilarious

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
melkathi
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 01:07:37 am »

They tried to go a minimalist approach.
If they didn't have the shouting and the guy in the end it would actually have been beeter.
Villfarelse
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 04:21:14 am »

Best ever. The old 8bit tracks from Realms of Arcadia I happened to have on in the background just made it even better.

But yeah, this could be good, I hope.
old_school_gamer
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 10:58:53 pm »

So discuss I guess? I'm hoping for a better UI to command units with and some higher quality AI all around.

One of the things I saw in more recent demos that excites me if the game will ever come out is what appears to be the ability to change what unit you control in the battle, as well as the ability to play a different unit if yours is killed or knocked unconscious.

If that's not just a testing/dev feature, I think that's a huge game-changer, because a lot of Warband, at least on normal damage difficulty, is rather passive and idle on the player's part. You can't be in the front lines of a siege and often have to stay back, stay safe, maybe just use some archery but can't be a big participant since the commander getting knocked unconscious messes things up a lot.

Whereas if you can switch which unit you control, you could change control to one of your infantry troops (like a common, expendable foot soldier) and join in the charge at the front of the siege ladder. If he dies, you can switch back to your commander or other unit. That'd allow the player to keep playing a very active role in the battle until the very last unit is down -- no more being unconscious and having to wait the next 15 minutes for your troops to either win/lose the battle.

My number one wish besides maybe that one I saw is for the campaign AI to follow consistent rules. As an example, in M&B and WB, you could auto-resolve battles and get radically different results (different casualties) from if you didn't auto-resolve, which means auto-resolving is not actually simulating the battle and applies completely different rules from manual battles. As another, sometimes kings can replenish a full, top-tier, battle-hardened army of veterans in ridiculous times, soon after he was defeated, without withdrawing from their garrisons or getting troops from other lords. It's like the AI is cheating and can spring top-tier units out of thin air. I don't like that feeling much at all since it feels so superficial.

Also hoping they remove or at least nerf shield skill. It was never a very plausible feature to me that you could block an arrow aimed straight at your legs with a shield that doesn't cover your legs because you have a shield skill of 10 which expands shield coverage to more than the shield actually covers, giving your character like this invisible force field that can block everything.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 11:23:39 pm by old_school_gamer » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: