Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dead State Suggestion Thread  (Read 275958 times)
Stormfury
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2012, 01:51:11 pm »

Could be good to have rescue mission and others.
 Salute

I like the idea of having a mission where you actually have to save one or more of your team members from a rival gang.

Looking for a small PVE focused Star Citizen Org?
http://www.xenosync.com
Stormfury
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2012, 01:58:36 pm »

I like the idea of a mission where you and some of your team members head to a radio tower to try and patch in to contact the 'outside' for help.  Only once you fight zombies, get patched in and connected you hear several radio broadcasts similar to what you had planned to send out from around the country.  This in effect lets you know that you're possibly the last remaining survivors and would trigger a morale issue as the shelter begins to feel a bit of doom and gloom.

At this point, you would possibly need to do a few missions to increase morale of the survivors.  Things like finding sports gear (basketballs, tennis rackets, etc) that can be used at the shelter to increase morale or other items that might increase survivabiliy. Perhaps some form of entertainer NPC who can help keep up spirits.

Looking for a small PVE focused Star Citizen Org?
http://www.xenosync.com
Eisregen
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2012, 04:02:54 pm »

Things like finding sports gear (... tennis rackets...) that can be used at the shelter to increase morale...

if i would be in your shelter, it would look like this:

so? anotherone for tennis?!? Wink
Lynxette
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2012, 07:27:30 pm »

Wanted to suggest a few part of the city (locations) that have a specific purpose as a support for your shelter. It's like a fixed location with a pre-determined bonus and "quest" to capture wich is a higher risk than normal so its up to the player if the reward is worth the risk of losing resources (ammo, NPCs, etc). For example:

- Water treatment plant -> Mission to repair the filters and restore the water supply and clear it of zombies -> Give a steady daily supply of : water -> Increases morale by X, reduces daily water usease of X (see below on water)
- Electrical power plant -> Mission to repair the plant and conection to the grid -> Give a steady daily suply of : Electrical Energy -> Decreases fossil fuel consumption (shelter generator) by X, increases fence defense by X (electrified fence)
- Comunications Array satelite -> Mission to repair the satelite dish complex -> Chance to receive nation-wide broadcasts -> Increases morale by X and get special missions' or events unlocks

Other thing i wanted to suggest is make Water another supply (like fuel, luxury and food already exist). (I know it was already stated its folded into the food cathegory, but still, i think water has much more potential than just a luxury item). Its a well acepted fact by cientists that the 1st thing that proves the most dificult to a civilization and the 1st downfall of many is the water consumption. Water could have more general uses also:

a) Watering the roof agricultural food production
b) Increases Hygiene thus lowering the chance for diseases to happen in the shelter and increase the morale
c) Protection against fire attacks

- c leads to the fire random event wich could be initiatiated by acident by a random ally-NPC, or as an attack from another outside group on your shelter. Fire is a serious and frightening thing, fits well in the game.

I believe that the more you can make the daily shelter worries as real as possible compared to RL, the more imersion the game can gain and in consequence the more dramatic and life-like it will be, adding drama, realism and the feeling that you are realy connecting to the game.

Cheers

I like the electrical power plant and water treatment plant. But wouldn't those places require supervision to make sure that no zombie wanders in?
elloco999
Dead State Private Testers

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2012, 10:54:17 am »

Now that we've unlocked animals, I'd like to suggest the posibility to take a dog along when scavenging. The dog will then warn you if others (zombies/ human enemies/ human friendlies/ other animals) are near.

Maybe you could train the dog to warn you without barking, so there's less noise.

Also I like the idea of a electrified fence, only I don't think a outside power source would be needed. You don't even need to power the fence constantly, just when there are enemies nearby.
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2012, 10:55:17 am »

Now that we've unlocked animals, I'd like to suggest the posibility to take a dog along when scavenging. The dog will then warn you if others (zombies/ human enemies/ human friendlies/ other animals) are near.

Maybe you could train the dog to warn you without barking, so there's less noise.

Also I like the idea of a electrified fence, only I don't think a outside power source would be needed. You don't even need to power the fence constantly, just when there are enemies nearby.

Dogs are allies, you'll be able to bring them with you on scavenging missions.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Doyaldinho
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2012, 11:12:00 am »

I think persistent injuries would be an interesting idea.

Say if one of your allies gets shot in the leg, his movement rate is reduced from there on in.

Any thoughts?
Narifem
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2012, 12:56:34 pm »

I've been creeping here a while now so it's time I do something to help out. Here's my few ideas. I don't know if these have been suggested or are planned, but here we go.

1. Waterways: It'd be an interesting idea to be able to move about using a river. I say this for a few reasons.
1(a). The Zombie Survival Guide gives it a huge thumbs up since zombies don't float. As long as the water is a certain depth, you are safe from zombies. In this way, you could have a semi safe rest in a lake or river. I say semi because even if you and your group dropped anchor in a "safe" area, a zombie could climb up your anchor.
2(a). Waterways have been used by people since ancient times as sources of water and a mode of transport. For example, you know there is a large amount of supplies hidden upstream. Too much to carry on foot. Instead of having to use a car, you could improvise (or find) a raft. This would allow you to ship the supplies downstream quietly and somewhat safely.
3(a). Since people gather near water you could probably find more survivors near bodies of water.
4(a). Another thing is a motor boat. It would require fuel and would generate noise but allow you to travel upstream. This also opens up the possibility of your motor breaking down. If someone in your group is a skilled mechanic he may be able to fix it.

(NOTE: Some may get angry with me for suggesting this. Texas is not all desert and cowboys. I live in Texas.)

This goes off my previous idea somewhat, so I'm listing it as 1.5
1.5 Fishing: You could fish in a body of water for food. If you fish too much too quickly you start to deplete the fish supply. This also opens up the possibility of a pond upgrade to the shelter.

2. Building out of shelter: If you were able to build removable/retractable bridges across the rooftops of buildings it could be very useful, especially in the City area. This idea could be expanded upon to include barricades and somewhat safe rest areas.

3. Allergies: It'd be nice if one or two survivors had allergies to the animals you have. It'd probably be too much if they were life-threatening allergies, although that is certainly possible. Instead, it'd be interesting (and possibly amusing) if they sneeze during dialogue. If some particularly annoying survivor was bugging me it'd be hilarious to have him/her sneezing up a storm.

I think persistent injuries would be an interesting idea.

Say if one of your allies gets shot in the leg, his movement rate is reduced from there on in.

Any thoughts?

I think this is a good idea, so long as it can heal over time. Also the possibility that if you take someone out of the shelter before they are sufficiently healed they aggravate the injury? This also opens up the possibility of being able to target different parts of enemies.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:17:18 pm by Narifem » Logged
Marauder
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2012, 01:28:45 pm »

Waterways are a great idea. After all waterways have been the first form of easy transportation and logistics so it would be kinda silly if people wouldn't make use of them after a zombie-infestation. Plus it would give some interesting strategic aspects to supply gathering, boat sizes could limit group size and supply amount etc.
Narifem
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2012, 07:12:43 pm »

Waterways are a great idea. After all waterways have been the first form of easy transportation and logistics so it would be kinda silly if people wouldn't make use of them after a zombie-infestation. Plus it would give some interesting strategic aspects to supply gathering, boat sizes could limit group size and supply amount etc.

Glad to see someone is on the save wavelength as me.
raoul78
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2012, 04:09:07 am »

As a finisher of The Texas Water Safari (the toughest boat race in the world!) I wholeheartedly agree with waterways!  My best memories of Texas were those where I was paddling down the river with a beer in my hand  lol  Also, if there is a river in Texas, its flanked by towns, ranches, forests - lots of places to find food, etc. 
Marauder
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2012, 07:19:05 am »

As a finisher of The Texas Water Safari (the toughest boat race in the world!)... I was paddling down the river with a beer in my hand
Sounds really tough lol

Also, some followers could be aquaphobic and couldn't use waterways.
BadVoodoo
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2012, 07:46:04 am »

I suggest making the game a month longer so i dont have to put it down so quickly =)

Also it would be nice to play poker with your fellow survivors, poker is a good way to keep a game from getting too competitive and same old same old (theres a word for that but i cant think of it)

If possible try to get some card games into the game because as they sat, a card deck is just as good as a second language

"Twelve hours of work and I still can't sleep. Damn. Days go on and on. They don't end."
elloco999
Dead State Private Testers

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2012, 08:31:39 am »

Dogs are allies, you'll be able to bring them with you on scavenging missions.

Ok, cool. But will they be able to detect zombies/ other humans before the humans in your group? A dog has better hearing and better smell compared to humans so this would make it a good companion to take along.

Also, are dogs susceptible to the zombie virus (can they get infected)? If so, you'd probably don't want your dog to bite a zombie!

Another thing I thought of last night, while playing Fallout NV. I don't think this is in the game, but in many games (like Fallout NV), NPC say something from time to time, to make the world feel more "real" (people talk in the real world). But since it's not possible to give a NPC thousands of lines to choose from, they end up saying the same few thins over and over. This is not only very annoying after a while, but it achieves the opposite of the goal.

If anything like this is in Dead State, please give us a option to shut them up!
Raufgar
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2012, 08:54:33 am »

Ok, cool. But will they be able to detect zombies/ other humans before the humans in your group? A dog has better hearing and better smell compared to humans so this would make it a good companion to take along.

Also, are dogs susceptible to the zombie virus (can they get infected)? If so, you'd probably don't want your dog to bite a zombie!

Another thing I thought of last night, while playing Fallout NV. I don't think this is in the game, but in many games (like Fallout NV), NPC say something from time to time, to make the world feel more "real" (people talk in the real world). But since it's not possible to give a NPC thousands of lines to choose from, they end up saying the same few thins over and over. This is not only very annoying after a while, but it achieves the opposite of the goal.

If anything like this is in Dead State, please give us a option to shut them up!

It has been asked already, that all animals are currently immune to the Z-Pathogen, and zombies ignore them for the most part, unless they get in the way. And dogs, as well as any other animal you decide to bring with you during your outside excursions, are planned to be z-detectors, because of their superior senses.

As for the lines of dialogue, Brian has stated that many of the allied NPCs would have specialized lines, but not all, since writing branching dialogue for all the possible NPCs would take up way too much time and possibly delay the game for far too long.

P.S. Check out this thread, it is a compilation of all the basic questions that have been asked before Grin
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:59:44 am by Raufgar » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: