Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dead State Suggestion Thread  (Read 275961 times)
Jsnazz
Novice

"over hear stranger got somethin interesting 4ya:D

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 13, 2014, 04:36:12 am »

One thing that is pissing me off is the long response of the zombies to make a move in the battle mode. So would be good if the game has that... how can i say...? "speed option" like the others turn based games has. Sometimes you just want to finish the battle quickly to loot a house or do other things. But if you can speed up the turns and the battle, the game will be "less boring" further in the game.
+ 1

Never a fan to wait for 5 undead taking their time, which last for 1-3 minutes just to move.

side note: when you open a container such as a bag on the ground, pressing space will loot everything and close the window too. I call it a "Loot all button". This will save a lot of time for those doing a hoarder run.

cheers

sorry if that's to much to ask. Love ya

game xD
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:26:04 pm by Jsnazz » Logged
Diego Menezes
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:24 am »

A simple one and forgive if its been mentioned, but I wasn't going to read through 40 pages...

How bout a simple sticky note system for each map?  I would like to mark what houses I've been to already, and any information about each location. Its easy to forget after awhile if you have been to many locations, but not explored them completely.
+1. Sometimes you need to go back to the shelter because you are not strong enough to fight in a house full of looters and left a lot of loots there, but further in the game you forget the place. Yesterday i opened the wordpad to write about the noisy mousoleum hahahaha.  Tongue

Jsnazz
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 14, 2014, 04:35:08 am »

Create a note via the save file xD

example: NW farm is over run with chicks.
Salomon
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 15, 2014, 07:57:47 am »

can you make a sticky forum thread for patches?

including changes text, realase time etc.

thanks

playing Dead State (GOG) on Intel E6750 2,76 GHz dual core CPU 2 GB RAM with Nvidia 8600 GTS
Windows XP SP3

ZRPG = "zombie rocket propelled grenade"
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 15, 2014, 11:31:09 am »

We have a known issue's thread that will get updated once the next patch is out.  I'll put the patch name and release date on it.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Greyman
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 15, 2014, 11:41:05 am »

That'd be good, DZ; it lets people know if their game is up to date easily.
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 15, 2014, 06:56:25 pm »

One thing that is pissing me off is the long response of the zombies to make a move in the battle mode. So would be good if the game has that... how can i say...? "speed option" like the others turn based games has. Sometimes you just want to finish the battle quickly to loot a house or do other things. But if you can speed up the turns and the battle, the game will be "less boring" further in the game.

Have you tried the speed slider in the options menu?

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Jsnazz
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 15, 2014, 10:32:06 pm »

Have you tried the speed slider in the options menu?
Tyvm !

Mine was set at 1x this whole time hehe. Now the game feel like brand new again!

ps. A loot all button that automatically close it self would make my day x 2  Tongue

cheers

z06freek
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 16, 2014, 12:19:49 am »

Awesome game even with bugs, but bright yellow & green text on a light backround difficult to read, maybe change to dark green & gold? Also, change color of loot boxes once they have been searched from orange to maybe red or blue so we can differentiate between them.
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 16, 2014, 11:45:54 am »

Awesome game even with bugs, but bright yellow & green text on a light backround difficult to read, maybe change to dark green & gold? Also, change color of loot boxes once they have been searched from orange to maybe red or blue so we can differentiate between them.

What text are you referring to?  The text in Dead State is black and white.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
z06freek
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 16, 2014, 02:02:53 pm »

What text are you referring to?  The text in Dead State is black and white.

NPC stats on job board, new memorial wall entries, statistics page
cvfd526
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 16, 2014, 11:27:10 pm »

I would like to see and appreciate:
1) Combat Speed Slider Ala Fallout 1 where you can increase the time it takes for the commands/movements/combat to play out. It gets tedious and monotonous dealing with the snail paced sluggish combat when there are many characters involved.

2) Better dialogue history/journal to be able to look back at what's been said and dialogue choices made.

Apologies if these have already been requested. I didn'tgo thru the pprevious 600+ posts.
cvfd526
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 17, 2014, 12:27:00 am »

Ability to right click or shift click a map marker and add personal notes about the location.
IE:
Lots of coyotes here, come back with firepower.
Parts in the third building on the shelf left to take next visit.
Put 5 gal gas in blue suitcase, don'tforget to retrieve.
etc...
Greyman
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 17, 2014, 10:10:05 am »

1) Combat Speed Slider Ala Fallout 1 where you can increase the time it takes for the commands/movements/combat to play out. It gets tedious and monotonous dealing with the snail paced sluggish combat when there are many characters involved.

From what I understand, there already is something that does this to some degree; I'm guessing somewhere in options?
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 17, 2014, 10:16:08 am »

From what I understand, there already is something that does this to some degree; I'm guessing somewhere in options?

Correct.  There is an animation speed slider

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: