Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dead State Suggestion Thread  (Read 275965 times)
JCass
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: October 14, 2014, 12:48:39 am »

LOL? you must be using some fucked up statistic. i paintball quite often. unless im spraying someones position to keep them distracted, i have a 1:1 ratio with hits. ive put 2000 rounds through my 1911, and at 20 meters i can head shot a 100m silhouette. i can hit a moving feral hogs heart with a rifle at 100 yards on a still day. don't use statistics pulled from some cunts blog and slap it on everyone. ive never met someone with such bad aim that they would miss so much. also, the standard weapon for cops is a 9mm pistol, typically with magazine sizes between 12-16 rounds. 80/16=5. 5 magazines, 18 hits. no sir, that's not a good statistic to use. that sounds like shitty cops with hs diplomas and supply officer service records...

Right, because playing paintball is the same as being in a life-and-death situation, it's just like war or being a police officer...

The thing about statistics is, they're usually accurate and true regardless of how awesome you think you are, that is unless you're single-handedly responsible for the stats being as high as they are, in which case the reality for the rest of us is even worse than it seems...

God help us all...
/end snark

I can tell you from my experience taking classes as a Civilian with LEOs, and Military guys that they are still just Human beings who can make mistakes just like you, and I.

I once witnessed a 6 year Army Combat Medic who had been on a Tour to Iraq, and a second in Afghanistan who specialized in saving peoples lives forget to do something as simple as to ensure his Carbine's Mag was in retention...The only real difference is Amateurs train until they get it right, Proffessionals train until they can't get it wrong(or at least damn close)...That means practicing proper repetitions at least 5000 times, or more to the extent that they can still be used even if your only able to manipulate Gross Motor movements during stress induced, Adrenaline fueled scenarios where your very own life is on the line, but even training doesn't measure up to real world experience, and its important to keep that ego in check...Unless you been there we can't really be sure how will react...For all I know I'll be completely useless in a real world scenario.

Training is only to prepare you...its not a certificate of Survivability...and lets raise our glasses to the hope that none of us ever have to be there, and know that hard truth with certainty...and give thanks to those who do.

Consequently I think the video from Mbest11x hits home on Perception vs Reality...its definitely worth a watch, but I ain't posting the link...I don't wanna get banned.... Huh?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:21:01 am by JCass » Logged
Greyman
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 14, 2014, 11:23:52 am »

You're correct, the average trained soldier misses more often then not in an actual combat situation. A civilian, with little training is likely to miss most of the time. Only a very few, highly trained or very experienced veterans can expect accuracy most of the time even at point blank range. A few years back, 9 police officers caught a fugitive leaving a building. The police fired over 80 rounds at a range of less than 30 feet using standard service hand guns and hit 18 times. Most of those hits were not lethal. That's cops who train regularly with their firearms. What would an untrained person do?

LOL? you must be using some fucked up statistic. i paintball quite often. unless im spraying someones position to keep them distracted, i have a 1:1 ratio with hits. ive put 2000 rounds through my 1911, and at 20 meters i can head shot a 100m silhouette. i can hit a moving feral hogs heart with a rifle at 100 yards on a still day. don't use statistics pulled from some cunts blog and slap it on everyone. ive never met someone with such bad aim that they would miss so much. also, the standard weapon for cops is a 9mm pistol, typically with magazine sizes between 12-16 rounds. 80/16=5. 5 magazines, 18 hits. no sir, that's not a good statistic to use. that sounds like shitty cops with hs diplomas and supply officer service records...

Range, or even paintball shooting has basically nothing to do with how people behave during genuine live-fire situations.  The actual statistic for hits to rounds fired with handguns in law enforcement is one in six.  That's right, one in six.  And that's the average, as determined by the FBI when they did statistical analysis using after-action reports.
veryinky
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 14, 2014, 12:33:54 pm »

And 250,000 bullets were fired for every insurgent killed in Iraq & Afghanistan from 2003 to 2013.
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 14, 2014, 03:32:18 pm »

Let's get this thread back on track with suggestions - discussion about guns/war/firing rates/paintball/etc should go in Everything Zombie or General Discussion.

Thanks!

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Dim
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 15, 2014, 02:00:59 am »

I am understand that is probably already too late for such a remark, but why this wonderful game does not contain even a single religious fanatic? Real one, not this spineless Todd, but more like Getz or father Grigori from Half-life 2? Shelter need at least one crazy person, which really happy and excited about all this "punishment for sinful" and "an end of the wretched world" business - just imagine the possibilities for dialogs and infighting about morality, meaning of human life and great honor of being a witness of the prophecies fulfillment! And a beard!
Anyway, there is always a hope for an add-on.
Diana
« Reply #530 on: October 15, 2014, 02:20:58 am »

Todd is more than enough religion for this game. He's a pretty faithful representative of one, too.
Dim
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 15, 2014, 02:46:04 am »

We talk about Texas - one of the most religious states of USA, aren't we? We have simple believer, sweet believer - why not complete this stack with sturdy one? And Todd is really quite a disgrace for world-famous american believers - after all, as some people says: "if a member of the congregation is afraid of death - then it's time for an excommunication".
veryinky
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 15, 2014, 07:03:29 am »

Todd is annoying but he does seem to genuinely care for the people at the shelter. He's also annoyingly right during Crisis events, to the point that I've done something different just because I don't want to vote Todd. On the other hand he's spineless and useless. I would like to argue with him that it's not the "end of times", magic zombies be damned or to ask him to hold his services in the library instead of cafeteria.

Priscilla fills the innocent Christian schoolgirl, even if she's in her 20's to 30's.

Anita's listed in the religious faction, seems pretty tough believer.

I disagree that the shelter needs more crazy. Already got Ser Charlston, Jeniffer, Fiona, Grant and Clifford. If anything the shelter needs a psychologist, and an "make anti-psychotics" job at the lab. Oh and Getz and Elaine, though they need anti-depressants and sleeping pills, which also would be nice to be able to produce at the lab.
Dim
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 15, 2014, 08:28:34 am »

"Anita's listed in the religious faction, seems pretty tough believer. "
She's tough - never doubt it, but believer? Can't remember even a single dialog about it.
"If anything the shelter needs a psychologist"
By the way, good idea for sturdy believer - for example, some retired military chaplain who has a lot of experience of dealing with nearly-broken and already lost man and woman. Complete acceptance of death, hostile view on old world and a grim sense of humor attached. After all, there is loud crazy people and quiet crazy people and only real difference between patient and doctor that the doctor is usually free to leave whenever wants.
bartka
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 15, 2014, 02:36:40 pm »

My apologies if this has already been brought up, but here are some wishes/suggestions for the game:

Tons of Firearms Variants
Yes, I know its a zombie apocalypse, but my Jagged Alliance heart would love to see tons of different weapon variants in the game. from Mk17's to M14's.. I'd imagine this is possible, but not sure how high on the list it is.

Ability to crouch and go prone?
Probably no as easy as it involves animations on all the characters, but would be great to have for combat situations with bonuses and penalties for each (ie. crouching is more stealthy, better shots with firearm, prone is slow and a very stable shot with rifles, etc..)

Thats it for now, I just posted an EA Steam review, keep up the great work guys, looking forward to playing Beta Patch #3 now!

Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 15, 2014, 04:01:58 pm »

My apologies if this has already been brought up, but here are some wishes/suggestions for the game:

Tons of Firearms Variants
Yes, I know its a zombie apocalypse, but my Jagged Alliance heart would love to see tons of different weapon variants in the game. from Mk17's to M14's.. I'd imagine this is possible, but not sure how high on the list it is.

Ability to crouch and go prone?
Probably no as easy as it involves animations on all the characters, but would be great to have for combat situations with bonuses and penalties for each (ie. crouching is more stealthy, better shots with firearm, prone is slow and a very stable shot with rifles, etc..)

Thats it for now, I just posted an EA Steam review, keep up the great work guys, looking forward to playing Beta Patch #3 now!

For firearms, it's somewhat abstracted.  All 9mm guns fall under the 9mm gun category, you're not going to see Glocks and Berettas, etc.  It's more like categories of weapons than actual representations of specific weapons.

There are currently no plans for crouch and prone, for two reasons.  1, this would require additional modeling for every single character in the game, which is basically impossible to do before release, and 2, firing positions like that only benefit ranged builds, and adding them in would be a balance issue.  There are perks which handle things like aiming for the head for extra crit chance vs. zombies, stuff like that.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Shady314
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 16, 2014, 04:39:14 am »

"Anita's listed in the religious faction, seems pretty tough believer. "
She's tough - never doubt it, but believer? Can't remember even a single dialog about it.
She and Regina have a good dialogue about it. Anita IS a believer.

"If anything the shelter needs a psychologist"
I thought that was what Counselor Elaine would lead to but apparently not.

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams
Diana
« Reply #537 on: October 16, 2014, 11:38:07 am »

Can't remember even a single dialog about it.
She's supporting Todd as a sub-leader if you never took his pseudo-holy ass out in the field.
Diana
« Reply #538 on: October 16, 2014, 11:39:45 am »

animations on all the characters
Given current state of humanoid animations in Dead State, the less of these are in the game, the better.
Dim
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 16, 2014, 12:44:49 pm »

She and Regina have a good dialogue about it. Anita IS a believer.

So there is a reason to invite this obvious bandit inside. Next time will try it.

I thought that was what Counselor Elaine would lead to but apparently not.

Yep, for now she's quite a  disappointment - so much trouble for a simple medic...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: