Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dead State Suggestion Thread  (Read 275968 times)
Hammershark
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2014, 03:57:04 pm »

So after playing the 7days early acess. I have some things that I wishfully hope went into the game. But highly suspect wont as you would already had to think of it to be implemented.

-That the gamer would be able to scrounge up heavy equipment. (Methal lathe for the wood shop or a stationary machine gun if there is any army bases in the game for example) if they have a vehicle that can carry it.
 -Maybe a sidemission could be to get a working freezer(or if you have the mechanical skills, maybe just repair it)

-When I saw that great glass roof at the entrance of the school, I immediately envisioned maybe a blown wall (where i guess you will be able to grow vegetables/one of the side roofs) that leads to the roof thats has gotten a sandbag wall on it. and it will be interesting where you will put those/that tower as the backside of the school (two doors to the gymnasium) is a weak point unless something doesn't get done. 

-If you plan on making a sequel (where characters and shelter uppgrades will impact the sequel) maybe the shelter gets compromised and depending on how much you have upgraded your vehicle (maybe two vehicles where one can be a buss)

-Solar panels and wind turbines (so the fuel could go to mainly the cars/other things + more loot that visually changes the school)
 -anything from permaculture + Insect farming

-I was unsure if this was answered. But I hope there will be factions (maybe in a similar situation) that I can interact with unviolently if I choose.

-That there will be things like if you saved Doug from telltales walking dead, that characters make their own (mechanical and visual) contributions to the school giving it their own personal flair.

And sorry if this has been answered already.

DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2014, 04:41:24 pm »

So after playing the 7days early acess. I have some things that I wishfully hope went into the game. But highly suspect wont as you would already had to think of it to be implemented.

-That the gamer would be able to scrounge up heavy equipment. (Methal lathe for the wood shop or a stationary machine gun if there is any army bases in the game for example) if they have a vehicle that can carry it.
 -Maybe a sidemission could be to get a working freezer(or if you have the mechanical skills, maybe just repair it)

-When I saw that great glass roof at the entrance of the school, I immediately envisioned maybe a blown wall (where i guess you will be able to grow vegetables/one of the side roofs) that leads to the roof thats has gotten a sandbag wall on it. and it will be interesting where you will put those/that tower as the backside of the school (two doors to the gymnasium) is a weak point unless something doesn't get done.  

-If you plan on making a sequel (where characters and shelter uppgrades will impact the sequel) maybe the shelter gets compromised and depending on how much you have upgraded your vehicle (maybe two vehicles where one can be a buss)

-Solar panels and wind turbines (so the fuel could go to mainly the cars/other things + more loot that visually changes the school)
 -anything from permaculture + Insect farming

-I was unsure if this was answered. But I hope there will be factions (maybe in a similar situation) that I can interact with unviolently if I choose.

-That there will be things like if you saved Doug from telltales walking dead, that characters make their own (mechanical and visual) contributions to the school giving it their own personal flair.

And sorry if this has been answered already.

There are improvements like a rooftop garden and workshop. The garden produces food and the workshop will let you modify weapons, reload ammunition, maintain vehicles, etc... You can even repair the cafeteria freezer to preserve perishable food.  There are lots of upgrades planned, they are just disabled for the demo.   If you look at the disabled build options on the job board you can see some of what they have planned.

There are currently no plans to have fighting in the school, even in a sequel.

There will be friendly groups that you can interact with.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:53:55 pm by DrunkZombie » Logged

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Hammershark
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2014, 05:50:41 pm »

I knew of the upgrades on the roof but I appearantly missed the refrigerator upgrade. I was worried that the upgrades shown in the early acess would be the only ones *sigh of relief*. As I hope this game will be as expansive as possible, without losing their intended goals of setting and gameplay.
Saneman
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 05, 2014, 04:36:08 pm »

Some potential in this demo, plenty of things I'd like to see in the full game:

Looting:
1. There should be a button that makes visible/highlights lootable objects. (holding a button)
2. Already looted objects/places should show perhaps "(empty)" upon mouseover - from 4-5 corpses up in one place looting gets really annoying.
3. A game option "always loot all" would be nice - perhaps showing what you pickup for 2-3 seconds.
4. When I get an object that improves someone else's mood and stock it, it should be reflected in the conversation (I assume it is reflected in the attitude of the person). Just a sentence or two would do just fine to let me know it was processed/accepted correctly and the person responds appropriately. Otherwise it's a bit of a buzzkill to risk going to a bookshop for a book, getting it and then have no appreciation just by saying thanks or something. The morale number increase is not exactly the perfect feedback for many a player and to encourage such further scavenging.

Environment:
1. Option of "walls visibility down" is a must! Some buildings are difficult to enter otherwise. Also, is it possible to spot zombies/people through windows? Did not manage that yet. I'm not talking residential buldings with small windows, but at least malls and such with large displays or even all walls as displays should be clearly see-through.
2. Will it be possible to cut trees for materials? Maybe a job where one person cuts, one/two guard (because of the noise). The "parts" that are used in the game - there should a job option of acquiring those - cutting trees, stripping down a building in a looted/ completely cleared area near base or something.
3. Will it be possible to use environment more in combat? For example at least a couple of random spots, where you can take down zombies safely from? Meaning in some areas, there could be a truck with a flatbed - where you could lure the zombies in the area and kill them without being so exposed - in reality it would be a nobrainer rather tha engage bitters in the open. It could be a teracce, little roof - couple of places like this would be much more immersive than just door as a bottleneck, which isn't really helpful anyway. The areas with these could thus have much bigger zombie population as well - or such a place could also get completely surrounded and the team would have to wait for rescue? (Sorry getting carried away a little too much:) )
4. Will there be any landmarks? Meaning well-known monuments now overrun/destroyed?

Party/character/combat:
1. Why is it not possible to switch characters once in the inventory screen? It's a small thing, but for better equpping/party management important I think.
2. Will it be possible to have some set tactics/the positions in which party members stand as compared to the leader?
3. A great option to have for combat would be to start combat automatically as soon as a member of the party will be able to reach and hit/shoot an enemy. Or something in between - have the squares visible and action points used upon movement/action, but your turn won't end until you are spotted by enemy... the second actually sounds better/more user-friendly.
4. Will it be possible for some looters asking for a bribe before attacking? I mean not every looter would be anxious to attack living things with zombies aplenty, while meds/doctors are in short supply.
5. Having a simple conversation option with the caretaker of the base (atm someone like Davis) that would sum up the state of the base (defenses, food/resources in stock and survivor morale) would be great - though I know it can be found elsewhere as well.
6. Really important IMO - can you add an action to every survivor, something like a "whistle/snap fingers"? A noise that will attract zombies in the closest vicinity but not those from afar?
When opening a small room, zombie turned around and entering will allow only one survivor to attack. I'd like to set my survivors in position and draw the zombie out - seems a reasonable strategy. I know sounds attract them, but what if I don't want to shoot a gun or there's no door closeby to open forcibly? Or I just want to attract a zombie that's couple of steps away but no more... Is there something like that or workaround?

Misc:
1. Modability IMO can really make or break this game - I'm sure you are under time pressure, financial restrictions and will not be able to include EVERYTHING in the game, that's where fans come in and mods popularity can really give you the best feedback/suggestions for updates/dlcs etc. Furthermore it's apparent the game takes place in US and (unless there's a ship or a plane) I assume that's where it stays... If modders could create own maps, it would provide endless hours of playtime.
2. Will it be possible to customize your faction? Choose flag to fly above the base perhaps and the possibility to name your group/base. Again small thing but rewarding for the player nevertheless.
3. No idea what the plan is for the full game, but if no voices and a couple of music tracks loops, I'd truly appreciate the game enabling to play custom mp3 music from folder in pc - so I can drift the wasteland to the tunes of my fav. songs. (Some games have issues with bckgrnd mp3 playing).
4. Line of sight - not sure how that works in open spaces (no obstacles), but it seems not all zombies appear in line of sight even though the areas are really tiny. Or will there be binoculars or something?

All in all, good work so far, there are plenty of zombie games now, but none that fit exactly what I'm looking for and deadstate could be the closest to it (fingers crossed).
So thank you guys at doublebear and good luck! Approve

Will provide more suggestions after I finish the game couple of times and go through every nook and cranny:) And sorry if some of my suggestions are actually implemented already and I just haven't discovered them.
dead_walker
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 09, 2014, 07:19:15 am »

Hi, first i would like to say that I really enjoyed the demo of dead state, and can't wait for the game to release!

I just have a suggestion, I don't know if it has already been answered.

I couldn't find away to change inventory with the different party members when we were out on a scavenge hunt, which can be very annoying if one character has a crappy weapon... So you would have to place a weapon onto a dead corpse, then switch character then pick up the weapon again.
- So it would be great to have a feature that allows you to swap inventory with the other characters.

Great job so far on the game!  Approve
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2014, 08:37:07 am »

Hi, first i would like to say that I really enjoyed the demo of dead state, and can't wait for the game to release!

I just have a suggestion, I don't know if it has already been answered.

I couldn't find away to change inventory with the different party members when we were out on a scavenge hunt, which can be very annoying if one character has a crappy weapon... So you would have to place a weapon onto a dead corpse, then switch character then pick up the weapon again.
- So it would be great to have a feature that allows you to swap inventory with the other characters.

Great job so far on the game!  Approve

Glad you like the game.  There is still a lot to add.

To trade between characters, make sure the group is close together, right click on a character other than the active one until you see the "backpack" icon.  Then left click and you will get the group inventory screen.  Pick a character on each side to trade and there you go.

Currently it does not work at the shelter, but eventually it will.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:39:33 am by DrunkZombie » Logged

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Ages
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 10, 2014, 01:08:51 am »

i would like the distance the party members have to stand together too trade or heal to be expanded by 2-3 tiles. at least during non-combat situations. it is a bore to position them together right now. or they could walk to each other automatically once you clicked with the bag on someone?

+++ this was improved in the #1 update +++
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:54:19 am by Ages » Logged
Shuuby
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 10, 2014, 07:49:53 am »

i would like the distance the party members have to stand together too trade or heal to be expanded by 2-3 tiles. at least during non-combat situations. it is a bore to position them together right now. or they could walk to each other automatically once you clicked with the bag on someone?

Seconded.
elloco999
Dead State Private Testers

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 11, 2014, 02:29:13 am »

I don't think healing from a distance is a good idea, but I agree that the healer should automatically walk over to the character you click on.
Scott
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 11, 2014, 11:15:39 am »

More stuff:
Items that will be stocked in the shelter aren't of any interest to the player except to read the (great) flavor text.  I know inventory items can be sorted by category, but it would be nice to either have a "Hide stock items" toggle since they clutter everything up, or hide them by default and only show them in the stock items tab.
The risk of infection would be a lot more tense if every bite posed a risk, maybe with only a small risk before the player is at <50%.
Likewise, if you didn't reveal the infection until 24 hours later.

contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark | Stygian
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG | Realms Beyond | Fell Seal:Missions&Monsters | Urtuk: The Desolation
Nimiria
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 11, 2014, 07:40:50 pm »

That should be optional then so you can choose if infection is shown directly or after some time.

Another sugestion: maybe you should be able to scrap some items/weapons that you don't need to material parts for building/repair. And I hope you can cut trees or something like that for parts.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 07:43:46 pm by Nimiria » Logged
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 11, 2014, 08:11:42 pm »

That should be optional then so you can choose if infection is shown directly or after some time.

Another sugestion: maybe you should be able to scrap some items/weapons that you don't need to material parts for building/repair. And I hope you can cut trees or something like that for parts.

When you build the watch tower improvement, all the trees in front of the school get cut down.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
Nimiria
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 11, 2014, 09:35:09 pm »

And will there be any materials gained from that? If so, is that a one time only thing? Or can I assemble allies to go and collect parts in the outside?
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2014, 07:36:13 am »

We don't know as we gathered that info from before and after screen shots.  My guess would be it is a one time thing and wood is not required for most things.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
Greyman
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2014, 12:09:59 pm »

As to the bite thing, I think that'd be generally a mistake; its not in any way reliable to avoid getting bit once in a while, and you sometimes just have to get amidst zombies.  I know there are players who can kite everything out and avoid this, but I don't know that this approaches being the typical player, and it'd get frustrating pretty quickly if you kept losing people that way (that's one reason I lost interest in Project Zomboid).
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: