Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dead State Suggestion Thread  (Read 107813 times)
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: December 22, 2015, 05:21:23 pm »

Any way to make your survivors move out of turn?  Any way to get into defensive posture (reaction attack) if you don't use up all your movement points? 

The leader command "Go" will make the selected ally go next.  Defense bonus for unused ap was something myself and others requested, but was never put in.  There is a perk that will let you save some unused ap and carry them to the next turn though.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
angrysquirrel
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 22, 2015, 05:47:37 pm »

Thanks for the response!  Maybe there will be another patch which would allow characters to have both a defensive bonus and a reactionary attack when the target comes within range.  Something similar to the Jagged Alliance and Silent Storm games.
FearlessAdz
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 03, 2016, 08:35:46 am »

I want to start by saying I really enjoyed the game and the concept is amazing. But i feel this game could have been so much more. I don't know what other people think but the updates and story content is lacking. Is this the finished game? end of?

I was soo excited to see a game similar to State of Decay have a turn base style of combat and thought even though the graphics are simple they were effective and this would allow more time to create and develop a rich story and gameplay. But i feel i was sadly mistaken. Conversations with survivors are limited and repetitive and the actions you take don't effect much. The people will still repeat the same conversation ever if everyone else is dead.....

Like i said the concept to this game is amazing but right now i feel like you guys have just taken my money and left me with a game you no longer care about.
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 03, 2016, 09:34:10 am »

I want to start by saying I really enjoyed the game and the concept is amazing. But i feel this game could have been so much more. I don't know what other people think but the updates and story content is lacking. Is this the finished game? end of?

I was soo excited to see a game similar to State of Decay have a turn base style of combat and thought even though the graphics are simple they were effective and this would allow more time to create and develop a rich story and gameplay. But i feel i was sadly mistaken. Conversations with survivors are limited and repetitive and the actions you take don't effect much. The people will still repeat the same conversation ever if everyone else is dead.....

Like i said the concept to this game is amazing but right now i feel like you guys have just taken my money and left me with a game you no longer care about.

After "Reanimated" was released, the game was considered complete.

There should be reactions to deaths.  Funerals and conversations with you from friends or loved ones.

RPGs are much more work to make than other genres.  It takes a lot of work and time to create branching dialogue and dozens of npcs, than just to make a bunch of locations and bad guys to shoot.  I played and loved State of Decay.  It is one of my all time favorite zombie games.  However it is much more repetitive than Dead State as far as dialogue is concerned.  I think the rpg aspect of Dead State was well done overall.  While I think the combat could use some additions to make it more tactical, there is only so much a small team with a small budget can do.  Games that try to do too much end up running out of money, never get finished and become vaporware.  Could DS have had more features and content, yes.  There is almost always more that can be added.  However as it is, it is a complete game. 

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Leon0803
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 23, 2016, 12:18:22 pm »

I Would like to see the Game in different Languages so more people can play it (not everyone is able to understand everything in english) as a A+ Student in English i would like help translate the game from English to German if the Developers would Agree.
 Salute (i would do that for free of course)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:19:56 pm by Leon0803 » Logged
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 24, 2016, 11:51:44 pm »

I Would like to see the Game in different Languages so more people can play it (not everyone is able to understand everything in english) as a A+ Student in English i would like help translate the game from English to German if the Developers would Agree.
 Salute (i would do that for free of course)

I am not a developer but I think they would be fine if you made a mod for German.  Some Russian modders have done a Russian mod.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
Leon0803
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 26, 2016, 03:19:26 pm »

i dont really know how xD
King_Zoe
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 14, 2016, 03:57:02 pm »

First Mission
After the initial dialogue, you are instructed to pick up a weapon from the survival supplies in the basement. Next, you head upstairs and another message box appears instructing you to check the Supplies Stash.

My Suggestion
After you check-out the Supplies Stash, there should be a message box that instructs you what yo do next. Once you step on the glowing blue area outside of the school, a message box should appear that tells you to press 'M' to bring up your map, and explain travel.

galsiah
Kguide
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 29, 2016, 07:27:03 am »

First off...love the game. 

1:  Get rid of order for turns.  Let me choose who to move based off AP.  Let me move one person for 3AP and another for 2AP and back to the first in one turn. This will avoid cluster**** unreal situations.

2:  Bodies should not block the path.

3:  Let me form a group without myself.  The leader doesn't need to be on every mission.  Their are days when I'm badly wounded and need rest.  There is no reason someone else can't lead a group.  Maybe I want to be the best crafter as well.

DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 29, 2016, 01:19:17 pm »

First off...love the game.  

1:  Get rid of order for turns.  Let me choose who to move based off AP.  Let me move one person for 3AP and another for 2AP and back to the first in one turn. This will avoid cluster**** unreal situations.

2:  Bodies should not block the path.

3:  Let me form a group without myself.  The leader doesn't need to be on every mission.  Their are days when I'm badly wounded and need rest.  There is no reason someone else can't lead a group.  Maybe I want to be the best crafter as well.

Thanks for posting.  The game is complete, so there will be no more changes.

1)  Unlike some games with separate turn groups for the player and the enemy, turn order for everyone in the combat is based on agility.  So your npcs and and the enemy turns are intermingled.  You couldn't just pick the order because who would decide when the enemies go?  If you want to change the order, use the Leadership perk "Go!"  If someone is blocking a move, use the "switch" move to swap places for 2 ap.

2)  Unconscious characters block, but dead bodies should not.

3)  It was an often requested feature, but the devs wanted the pc to always be at the center of the action.  The gameplay of Dead State is focused more on the rpg aspect than the tactical combat.  More like Baldur's Gate than Xcom.   The pc is the center of the story and needs to be there to interact with other groups that the party meets.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:21:19 pm by DrunkZombie » Logged

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
jojobe
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 13, 2016, 05:47:29 pm »

I would like to see:
1. more zombies
2. actual use of a base. You would hear about  zombie attacks but not see any.
3.Modding tools.

A perfect state of decay would be mixing of three games Project Zomboid, State of decay and of course Dead State.

project zombiod mobs of zombies, crafting system, sound effects, large modding community.
state of decay  base building, vehicle driving.
Dead state. Epic storyline. turn based. Good business practices loyal fan base more so than the later title.
Guzhk9128
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 14, 2017, 01:19:48 pm »

I've come to be really dissatisfied with how slow the combat in this game is. It really comes off as an attempt to artificially inflate the length of the game and needlessly drag things out. Has anyone put together a mod for this atleast? Why have the developers not felt a need to add an option to speed up combat?

And one thing I absolutely can't figure out is why every single (zombie) enemy on a map has to have a turn, no matter how many you're actually engaged with. I could be on a map that has over 50 enemies, I could be engaging just one zombie, and every zombie enemy is cycled through- even when I'm nowhere near them and they're obviously not doing a thing. What is the point of this? Why does it only affect zombies? Human enemies only have turns when they're aware of you or they're engaged in combat in some capacity- but for zombies, they have to be cycled through no matter where they are or what they're doing. It's just bizarre.

It also serves to damage the survivalist aspect of the game, because it basically tells you how many zombies are present on the map.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:41:58 pm by Guzhk9128 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: