Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Kickstarter Thread  (Read 102819 times)
Brian

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2012, 04:34:19 pm »

Dead State is now on Kickstarter! Please head over and help us fund the zombie apocalypse. Even if you can’t fund us, you can still help get the word out – forums, social networks, zombie fan sites, whatever you can. With your support, we can make our goal and get this game out to you. We have amazing fans and I know we can do this!

Kickstarter Page

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70755535/dead-state-the-zombie-survival-rpg

Official Trailer

This is the Official Kickstarter Thread – Keep KS questions and comments to this thread. We will document our progress and updates here. Thank You For Your Support!
likaq

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 05:12:21 pm »

Ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod 
TAKE MY MONEY BRIAN. TAKE IT!
gary_joiner
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 05:22:00 pm »

Great trailer but damn, you talk fast!

Are you planning to add an option of donating via paypal? I would love to support your noble cause but Amazon won't let me Sad
Brian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 05:29:03 pm »

Great trailer but damn, you talk fast!

Are you planning to add an option of donating via paypal? I would love to support your noble cause but Amazon won't let me Sad

Let me see what I can do! I know Wasteland and some other projects have done this, so I'll see about setting up a similar arrangement with our project.
Silellak
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:36:19 pm »

What else can I say but:

Also sent a tip over to Kotaku.  Figured it couldn't hurt!  Salute
Elthosian
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 05:38:42 pm »

Take my 50 dollars, Brian, make this happen!
SuicideBunny

*frumple*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 05:44:09 pm »

how about offering a paypal alternative for those of us that cannot use kickstarter?
Brian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 05:44:21 pm »

Thanks to everyone who has supported the project. Oscar and I are watching the progress. We've gone from launched to $2000 in just over an hour. It's really exciting and only the beginning!
Elthosian
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 05:59:40 pm »

Hey Brian,  I have a question, is the game going to be translated to spanish? I have posted it in two forums from Spain and some people asked about it.
J P Falcon
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »

Will be backing in a moment....my only, very minor, concern is that perhaps you should have gone for 60 days. This would allow the small pledge amounts time to add up and even if you reached your goal in 30 days, the extra  pledges would have been icing on the cake. Congrats!
FrancoTAU
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 06:15:56 pm »

Thanks to everyone who has supported the project. Oscar and I are watching the progress. We've gone from launched to $2000 in just over an hour. It's really exciting and only the beginning!

You should take a before and after picture of your F5 button this month.

The trailer is great, a lot better than the teaser thing.  Your pitch video is good, especially once we get into the in game stuff.  You do narrate a little fast but it's that same speed that the big game review sites, so it's a minor criticism.
Silellak
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 06:36:24 pm »

I work with an eBook author who writes zombie fiction and annoyed him into tweeting about the game:

https://twitter.com/WilliamEsmont/status/210152531693797377

Not a major coup or anything, but I figure every little bit helps...
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 07:10:27 pm »

Everything helps - thanks, guys! Truly important month for DoubleBear and Ion Tower this is.

Hey Brian,  I have a question, is the game going to be translated to spanish? I have posted it in two forums from Spain and some people asked about it.

Brian may tell you more, but here is what I think about it.
Being somewhat indie, we don't have a team of professional translators =) But if spanish-speaking fans kick in, the team will assist them in every way possible. Take a look at the translation sub-forum for Age of Decadence, especially the russian thread - they have almost finished their quest Smile

"Oh, 'twould be marvelous if the world and its moral questions were like some game board, with plain black players and white, and fixed rules, and nary a shade of grey."
The Black Company. Shadows Linger.

"But is the best good enough?"
(c) Oscar
micks

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 07:21:16 pm »

Just barely made it among the first 200 backers; hopefully I'll be able to up the contribution before the drive is over. Smile
Brian

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 07:43:06 pm »

We are now at about $6000 in three hours! Let's hope this trend continues! Thanks again to all of you who have pledged or spread the word.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: