Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [General] Technical localization talk  (Read 99248 times)
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2018, 05:08:50 pm »

There are many typos in file Quest_TG6_03.xml.
Let's report them
  • UID#3493 : <npc_text>[success]“You were there? Less then a hundred men walked out alive!... .</npc_text>. It should be "than"
  • UID#3503 : <npc_text>You flash the guards you badge and they let you in...</npc-text>. It should be "your"
  • UID#3513 : <npc_text>The emissary – a man with a round, clean-shaven head, blue eyes, and lips, set in a permanent, professional smile...</npc_text>. This comma shouldn't be there.
  • UID#3553 : <npc_text>[failure]You take the first guard by surrprise, ...</npc_text>. It should be "surprise".
  • UID#3573 : <npc_text>... he starts pulling out his sword, and returns to the first quard to finish the job.</npc_text>. It should "guard".
  • UID#3558 : <npc_text>[failure]"Yet something clearly isn't," says the guard </npc_text>. A missing dot after "guard".
  • UID#3527 : <npc_text>“And why shouldn’t we? We aren’t talking about some beggar claiming to speak for the gods to collect more coins. We’re talking about the Lord of House Crassus – the noblest of the noble, the wealthiest of the wealthy, What possible reasons would he have to make such claims?”</npc_text> This comma should be a dot.
  • UID#3534 : <npc_text>... The emissary faints. You notice a strange reliquary in Gaelius' hand and prompty pocket it.</npc_text>. It should be "promptly".
  • UID#3545 : <npc_text>... and dies almost instantly, with Cyrus’ dagger buried to the hilt in his throat. You notice a strange reliquary in his hand and prompty pocket it. </npc_text>. It should be "promptly" again here.
  • UID#3569 : <npc_text>... and dies almost instantly, with your dagger buried to the hilt in his throat. You notice a strange reliquary in his hand and prompty pocket it.</npc_text>. Again, it should also be "promptly".

Now, still for this file, a suggestion. It starts when PC+Cyrus visit the emissary from Crassus.At two moments (it depends of PC's choices), two gards enter the room as in UID#3552 & UID#3554, so many entries should consider the plural form, as in :
  • UID#3555 : <npc_text>[failure]"Not until the Legatus verifies your identity," says the guard firmly, putting his hand on the sword's pommel. The odds of you taking him by surprise are slim to none.</npc_text>. Why not use the plural here and replace "him" by "them"? Moreover, one of the possible PC's choice here is "Kill them".
  • UID#3559 : <npc_text>[failure]"My apologies, but I'm not leaving until the Legatus verifies your identity," says the guard firmly, putting his hand on the sword's pommel. The odds of you taking him by surprise are slim to none.</npc_text>. A plural form should give "we're not leaving" and "taking them"
  • UID#3557 &UID#3561 : <npc_text>[success]"Alright then," says the guard... "If you need anything, we'll be in the hallway, emissary."</npc_text>-<dlgAnsw><text>Wait for him to leave, then take the golden badge and go to the west wing.</text></dlgAnsw>. Could be replaced by "them" so.

Now, concerning the name of “Legatus Quintus Tullius Varus” (with only one R at UID# 3502), twice in the file, his name is written as Varrus (with a double R):
  • UID#3483 : <npc_text>“The Legatus’ office. He is the one who issues them, so he’s bound to have a few lying around. The guard at the tavern gave me two names – Legatus Varrus and Centurion Masala. Enough to get us in. How quick are your fingers?”</npc_text>
  • UID#3556 : -<dlgAnsw>
    <text>[streetwise]"I presented my documents to the Legatus Varrus this afternoon. I can assure you that everything is in order."</text>.
What's the right spelling? Varus or Varrus ?

Now, concerning the 3rd floor in this file, it seems there is nothing to do in the loremaster office as in UID#3490:
-<dlgPart>
<portrait/>
<speaker_name/>
<npc_text>Go upstairs</npc_text>
-<onLoadScripts>
<string>dlgFinish();</string>
<string>dlgTeleportToMarker(TM_ThirdFloor);</string>
<string>dlgFadeToThisPart();</string>
<string>FLOOR3_01.isRenderEnabled = true;</string>
<string>FLOOR3_02.isRenderEnabled = true;</string>
<string>setRtsCam();</string>
<string>aod.quest_tg6_atFloor3 = true;</string>
</onLoadScripts>
<answers/>
<UID>3490</UID>
Is there something missing like unfinished part of quest?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:30:24 pm by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2018, 03:49:02 am »

What's the right spelling? Varus or Varrus ?
Vince said it should be Varus (you can use GT).

Now, concerning the 3rd floor in this file, it seems there is nothing to do in the loremaster office as in UID#3490:
(click to show/hide)
Is there something missing like unfinished part of quest?
You can try to complete "The grain of truth" quest while not being a HA praetor. It must be checked in-game.

UPD. Uploaded aod_russian_1.6.0.105_21.zip and Fixes&typos_1.6.0.105_21.zip with the above-mentioned fixes + some more from the RU thread + old bugs (full list is here).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:35:50 am by Sunfire » Logged
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2018, 01:02:00 pm »

A typo I forgot to report in file Quest_TG6_03.xml :
UID#3578 : <npc_text>You're standing in well guarded hall that serves as a security hub between the west and east wings of the palace, separating and governing access to them...</npc_text>.
It should be "in a well guarded".  Salute
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2018, 03:25:13 pm »

For the translation of this screen, do we have to do anything with the 2 buttons? Leave them as they are, delete them or replace them with the French ones?
Sunfire
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2018, 02:29:20 am »

Those buttons are here: ./art/gui.aod/buttons/ and must be translated separately. I can try to make FR buttons in PS if you have a ready FR translation.
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2018, 06:30:59 am »

Those buttons are here: ./art/gui.aod/buttons/ and must be translated separately. I can try to make FR buttons in PS if you have a ready FR translation.
The translation of the buttons is done, only the 9 ones for the "TRANSFER" (transfer_button) need to be fixed : Tyson did them as "TRANSFERER" while it should be "TRANSFÉRER".
All buttons are already uploaded in the Drive and renamed for the French translation : AoD French/Art/French/gui/Buttons

So if I understand well, for every screen/panel with "interactive buttons", we need to ignore them and only scriptures have to be translated?  Salute
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 06:39:03 am by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2018, 07:26:01 am »

Yes.
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2018, 02:14:08 pm »

Thanks Sunfire, it's clear now. Salute

Let's report some few typos:

File NPC_Basil_01.xml :
-UID#9 : <npc_text>You spend the next few days at the tavern... “You should have talked to us first, Basileios!” says one of the man angrily...”</npc_text>
It should men

-UID#7 : -<dlgAnsw> <text>You thought what? That they would see me standing there and leave you alone? That’s not how these things work.”</text>.
A quote sign should be there before "You".

File NPC_Quintus_01.xml :
-UID#4 : <dlgAnsw> <text>Fight</text>
 There must be a dot after "Fight".
-UID#14 : -<dlgAnsw> <text>“I'll see you later.” Leave</text>
Missing dot here too after "Leave".
-UID#16 : <dlgAnsw> <text>“I'll see you later.” Leave</text>
Same thing here, missing dot after "Leave".

File NPC_Vitus_01.xml :
UID#5 : <npc_text>"Now, I assume that you know how to harden a blade.... Well, the trick is heating it up to the right degree and cooling it down fast, The faster your blade cools down, the harder it gets. ..."</npc_text>
With a blank space and a capital letter at "The", it makes us think there must be a dot here, not a comma.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:41:18 pm by AbounI » Logged
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2018, 04:23:35 pm »

Typo in the file phrases.cs.
A warning when the player is about to leave Ganezzar for the temple :
"$phrase_map_leave_ganezzar_02 = "Are you sure that you want to leave for the temple? Many unsolved events will unfold without you.";
It should be "Any" as for the 2 other warning of the same kind for consistency (when PC is about to leave Teron or Maadoran)
Sunfire
« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2018, 08:46:43 pm »

Uploaded aod_russian_1.6.0.105_23.zip and Fixes&typos_1.6.0.105_23.zip with the above-mentioned fixes + some more from the RU thread + old bugs (full list is here).
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2018, 05:09:58 pm »

Typos in file Quest_IGTrial_01.xml

- UID#27 & UID#31 : <dlgAnsw> <text>[persuasion][streetwise]“Another month and we’d have lost Teron to raiders... Would the interests of House Aurelian, as well as those of the lords of this city, have been served better if raiders were allowed to turn Teron into a stronghold, from which to attack Maadoran?”</text>
A comma is missing there after "better" while the same PC answer got one at UID#25.

- UID#15 : <npc_text>“It was my understanding that the site was attacked by raiders, “ says Gaelius, frowning.</npc_text>.
There is no need for a blank space between the comma and the quote sign.

- UID#17 : <npc_text>“It was my understanding that there was an accident at the mine site, “ says Gaelius, frowning.</npc_text>
Same unnecessary blank space here too.

- UID#16 : <npc_text>“Did he?,” says Gaelius quietly, lost in his thoughts. “Your news is troubling, but not that surprising in the end. It underlines the need to act in order to protect what’s left... “You’re free to go, <charname>, “ he says suddenly. “I’m satisfied with your explanation and believe that you’ve acted without malice.”</npc_text>
Commas are not needed after a question mark. There is also another blank space between a coma and a quote sign.

- UID#25 : <npc_text>“I require no lectures on the Charter from common brigands, “ states Gaelius with the natural arrogance of a noble-born. “The Charter was written centuries ago. It’s importance and influence can’t be overstated, ” he glances at a group of lords who look old enough to remember the Charter being drafted, “but it was never meant to replace common sense when dealing with *today’s* problems.”</npc_text>
Notice 2 unneeded blank space before some quote sign + Its importance, as a possessive form.

- UID#27 : <npc_text>“I require no lectures on the Charter from common brigands, “ states Gaelius with the natural arrogance of a noble-born. “You claim that the Charter judged Antidas and condemned him to death, yet the Charter is nothing but a dusty old tome. It doesn’t judge. It doesn’t condemn. It doesn’t kill in the name of the greater good. “The truth is obvious to everyone. The Imperial Guards have murdered the Lord of House Daratan and then hid behind an ancient document, thinking that it will shield them from justice!” Gaelius’ voice gains strength and volume with every word.</npc_text>
Another blank space typo here.

- UID#29 : <npc_text>[success]Gaelius cringes, but the white beards nod in agreement and murmur. “Well, it does appear that you’ve acted in accordance with the Charter after all,” says Gaelius smoothly. “I’m satisfied with  the explanation you’ve given us  and believe that you’ve acted without malice.”</npc_text>.
Two blank spaces here. There should be only one.

- UID#36 : <npc_text>"A raiders' weapon. Run with the wolves, learn how to howl?" He gives you a bronze zagnal. </npc_text>.
It should be zaghnal to match with the file itemtext.xml.
Sunfire
« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2018, 08:43:42 am »

Uploaded aod_russian_1.6.0.105_25.zip and Fixes&typos_1.6.0.105_25.zip with the above-mentioned fixes + some more from here and here + old bugs (full list is here).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:38:35 am by Sunfire » Logged
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2018, 03:53:58 pm »

More typos in the following files :
- Quest_TG3_03.xml at UID#55 : -<dlgAnsw><text>Continue</text>.
Missing dot, it should be "Continuer." (added in the next hotfix from Sunfire)

-Quest_TG3-04.xml at UID#8 : <npc_text>[success]"Alright, " says the guard wearily....</npc_text>
There shouldn't be any blank space here between the comma and the quote sign. (It's already fixed in Sunfire's hotfix.)

-Itemtext.xml : <Item ID="1050"> : ... This particular cape belonged to some rider.</desc> & <Item ID="422">: ... This particular armor belonged to some rider.</Desc>
Both "rider" here should be "raider". (Already fixed in Sunfire's hotfix.)

-Quest_TG3_Flavius.xml at UID#0 : <npc_text>"You picked a hell of a night for smuggling... "So, what's so important that it can't wait a..." Flavius stops mid-sentence.  "The gold, isn't it? You're out of your mind if you think that I'll get involved in all that."</npc_text>.
A double blank space confirmed between "mid-sentence." and "The gold". (Sunfire will had the fix in the next hotfix).
Sunfire
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2018, 09:55:13 am »

Hola, Oscar!
Can you upload to GD the PSD source of the filegroup char_creation_panel0_xxx.png?
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2018, 07:09:54 pm »

From the FR beta, it appears an <nlo> tag acts as an automatical blank space when a pop-up message (files phrases.cs or vco_events.cs) is duplicated in the textbox. It seems the "nt1." item in the subfolder level do the same thing in the textbox.
See attached file.

So, it should mean that in any ".cs" and ".mis" file, all blank spaces before and/or after this kind of tag should be removed

Also, a good news, file phrases.cs allows the GenderVar : "Venez-là, apprentie</e>" (= Come here, apprentice). I wonder if ".mis" files would be OK with the GV too. Also, it should mean that file "ranks.cs" could allow too the GenderVar ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 05:32:15 pm by AbounI » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: