Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [General] Technical localization talk  (Read 99240 times)
Sunfire
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2017, 05:31:41 am »

All deleted files have been restored, but seems like they lack any comments. That proofreader's access level set as read only until you'll sort it out.
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2017, 05:36:46 am »

Many many many thanks Sunfire. You're so awesome, really (Cyril told me to big up you).
No matter for the comms, at least, all is back as it was before. That's the most important.
The comms, I'm able to replace them
SO great, thanks again SF  Salute Salute Salute
I was really afraid they were definitly lost
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:45:40 am by AbounI » Logged
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2017, 08:19:05 am »

Seen, thanks Sunfire  Salute
Another issue : Antidas_01.xml (UID#1009) vs Antidas _02.xml (UID#9) when charname answers to Antidas:
-<dlgPart>
<portrait/>
<speaker_name/>
<npc_text>"I expect nothing less from you."</npc_text>

in Antidas_01:
 -<dlgAnsw>
<text>[streetwise]"I too believe in destiny, my Lord. This ring has been in my family for generations, given to my forefathers for safekeeping by General Galbo himself. It is, without a doubt, one of the most important relics of the Empire, and its reappearance is a great omen! It is yours, my Lord." </text>

While Antidas_02 gives:
-<dlgAnsw>
<text>[streetwise success]"I too believe in destiny, my Lord. This ring has been in my family for generations, given to my forefathers for safekeeping by General Galbo himself. It is, without a doubt, one of the most important relics of the Empire, and its reappearance is a great omen! It is yours, my Lord." </text>

The difference in the skillcheck doesn't sound logical to me, but which one is the right one?

Concerning this issue, I think I get where the problem is: in the file Antidas_01, at UID#1009, there are no script like <checkOnAppear> aod.streetwise < 3</checkOnAppear> before in the NPC text and after in the PC text too. So it seems, there is no need for a [streetwise] tag here:
-<dlgPart>

<portrait/>

<speaker_name/>

<npc_text>"I expect nothing less from you."</npc_text>

<onLoadScripts/>

-<answers>

-<dlgAnsw>

<text>Leave.</text>

<def_link>1011</def_link>

<checkOnAppear/>

<checksOnClick/>

<linksOnClick/>

<scriptsOnClick/>

</dlgAnsw>

-<dlgAnsw>

<text>[streetwise]"I too believe in destiny, my Lord. This ring has been in my family for generations, given to my forefathers for safekeeping by General Galbo himself. It is, without a doubt, one of the most important relics of the Empire, and its reappearance is a great omen! It is yours, my Lord." </text>

<def_link>1010</def_link>

<checkOnAppear/>

<checksOnClick/>

<linksOnClick/>

<scriptsOnClick/>

</dlgAnsw>

</answers>

<UID>1009</UID>

Maybe it's one of the 2 issues. The second one, Antidas_02, at UID#50, there's no score check in the NPC text, it appears only in the PC answers options:
-<dlgPart>

<portrait/>

<speaker_name/>

<npc_text>"If you find it, let me know."</npc_text>

<onLoadScripts/>

-<answers>

-<dlgAnsw>

<text>"Before I go... I have this ring..."</text>

<def_link>18</def_link>

<checkOnAppear>aod.quest_galbo_speakWithAntidas == true && dlgOwnsItem(1350) == true && aod.streetwise < 3</checkOnAppear>

<checksOnClick/>

<linksOnClick/>

<scriptsOnClick/>

</dlgAnsw>

-<dlgAnsw>

<text>[streetwise]"I too believe in destiny, my Lord. This ring has been in my family for generations, giving to my forefathers for safekeeping by General Galbo himself. It is, without a doubt, one of the most important relics of the Empire, and its reappearance is a great omen! It is yours, my Lord." </text>

<def_link>19</def_link>

<checkOnAppear>aod.quest_galbo_speakWithAntidas == true && dlgOwnsItem(1350) == true && aod.streetwise >= 3</checkOnAppear>

-<checksOnClick>

<string>aod.npc_cassius_betrayal == true</string>

</checksOnClick>

-<linksOnClick>

<int>41</int>

</linksOnClick>

<scriptsOnClick/>

</dlgAnsw>
So here, it should be [streetwise success] like all the 5 others ones in this file, all of them leading to UID#19.
I think I understand now : streetwise is a passive skill, which means PC isn't aware his streetwise score is checked, so only a successful result is allowed & shown, there can't be a [streetwise failure] possibility of answers  Salute

AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »

Find a typo in the file Quest_MgTest.xml.

"You fake a genuine interest and skilfully encourage the guards to impress you with their vast knowledge of the current affairs, learning that the guards pay has been cut again" (X4 in the file at UID#32 #33 #3 & #4)

It should be "... the guards' pay has been cut again..."  Salute
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2017, 03:58:32 am »

Reporting more typos:

- File Antidas_02.xml UID#8 :
NPC text : "... Gaelius would rather bury the past than face it. "Find Domitius. If there is a way in, he'll help you find it. If not, seek elsewhere."
Here it should be "seek answers elsewhere" to match with file Antidas_01 at UID#1008

- File Teron_Blacksmith.xml UID#485
NPC text : (dagger) "Here you go. Anything else?"
Here, it should be daggers to match with all other weapons style in their plural form.

- File scripts\data\journal\quests.cs :
"Congratulations, you're Balzaar's new first acolite." It should be "acolyte".

- File Cassius_02.xml
UID#143, NPC text : "[...]And all the people fled from the ships of the kindom of Q'antaar, which had crossed the sea, inflicting every kind of punishment upon the people of Lakia. [...]".
It should be "kingdom".

UID#103 NPC text : "For example, there are several different accounts of  the battle of Estios all claiming the same thing." 2 blank spaces here

Sunfire
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2017, 03:56:43 pm »

I've just found some missed quotes in the file Quest_TG3_05.xml:

1) [failure]One last time, the town is sealed until further notice. Turn around and go back NOW!"
2) [success]Alright. I'll let you through. Good luck with your mission."

It should be:

1) [failure]"One last time, the town is sealed until further notice. Turn around and go back NOW!"
2) [success]"Alright. I'll let you through. Good luck with your mission."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:57:57 am by Sunfire » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2017, 07:30:46 am »

Oscar, can you share a PSD of next files (with a no-text background preferably)?
sign_abyss_01_DIF.dds
sign_quintus_01_DIF.dds

UPD. Uploaded the file aod_russian_1.6.0.89_3.zip with some fixes and translated the Abyss sign.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:58:38 am by Sunfire » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2017, 01:25:50 pm »

A typo in the file mdn_ending.english.cs:

text1 = "The arrival of an Ordu army at the city gates shocks everyone, dread settling over the city at the thought that the Ordu are there to put Maarodan to the sword.

It should be:

text1 = "The arrival of an Ordu army at the city gates shocks everyone, dread settling over the city at the thought that the Ordu are there to put Maadoran to the sword.
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2017, 01:31:45 pm »

text1 = "The arrival of an Ordu army at the city gates shocks everyone, dread settling over the city at the thought that the Ordu are there to put Maarodan to the sword.

It should be:

text1 = "The arrival of an Ordu army at the city gates shocks everyone, dread settling over the city at the thought that the Ordu are there to put Maadoran to the sword.

I don't see this line in mdn_ending.english.cs.

"But is the best good enough?"
Oscar
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2017, 01:37:10 pm »

Oscar, can you share a PSD of next files (with a no-text background preferably)?
sign_abyss_01_DIF.dds
sign_quintus_01_DIF.dds

UPD. Uploaded the file aod_russian_1.6.0.89_3.zip with some fixes and translated the Abyss sign.

Uploaded to Art PSD google drive folder.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2017, 05:07:45 pm »

Maybe I'm wrong, but fixing the ore smelter in Teron Outpost seems unbalanced.
There are 2 files describing how to improve it in order to produce blue steel metal : Teron_Mine_01.xml & TMO_Controlpanel_01.xml:

Here is the situation:
"[success]It's a wondrous machine and a true testament to the Arts of the olden days. If not for the mantra, you'd have never been able to make it work again, but now that you did, you gain a good insight into how this machine operates. This insight suggests that smelting steel is only the basic function and that there is a second, more advanced phase."

Then, in the file Teron_Mine_01.xml (UID1328), there is a combined craft & lore check:
"[crafting][lore]Try to figure it out." following this condition : (aod.lore + aod.crafting >= 10) && aod.lore >= 4 && aod.crafting >= 4
But in file TMO_Controlpanel_01.xml (UID1328 too), it's a simple lore check :
"[lore]Try to figure it out."  following this condition : aod.lore >= 7

It doesn't sound logical to me.  Roll Eyes

----------------------------------------------

Btw, found a typo in file TMO_Controlpanel_01.xml at UID1304 :
*House Aurealian reputation decreased*
It should be Aurelian
Sunfire
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2017, 05:40:06 pm »

It should be:

I don't see this line in mdn_ending.english.cs.
Maybe you already fixed it?
My version of that file from aod_english_1.6.0.75.7z is dated as 21.02.2016 22:01

sign_abyss_01_DIF.dds
sign_quintus_01_DIF.dds

Uploaded to Art PSD google drive folder.
Thanks!
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2017, 06:26:28 pm »

Maybe you already fixed it?
My version of that file from aod_english_1.6.0.75.7z is dated as 21.02.2016 22:01

Yep, same date, and strange, now I see it. When I was at work, even a text search couldn't find it.

Anyway, fixed, uploaded new translation pack and dev exe (AoD editors archive) with fixes Eugene has promised you.

"But is the best good enough?"
Oscar
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2017, 04:25:27 pm »

reporting more typos:

- File Aemolas.xml at UID#1934 :
"Aemolas' eye bulge with fury. "We're done talking. I gave you your money. Now get out."
It should be "eyes" since he's not one-eyed

- File scripts\data\slides\pcDeath.cs :
"The smug bastard doesn't even celebrate his victory as if means nothing to him".
It should be "as if it means".

-File scripts\data\text\ranks.cs :
"You've awakaned a demi-God and attainded an ability to shield your mind from negativity and other unpleasantries, , destroying an entire city in the process."
It should be "awakened" and "attained" (the second one is already reported I guess).
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2017, 06:00:40 am »

More typos:
-file Quest_HD1_01.xml:

UID#1484 (npc_text): "If not,  I'm sure you can find them in Maadoran - there are few things that one can't buy there." There's a double blank space here.

UID#1461 (dlgAnsw): "[intelligence success]"We both know that Gaelius wouldn't waste his men on an ore smelter. There has to be more to it. ". There's a blank space between the dot and the quote sign.

-file Quest_TG2_Ring_01.xml:
UID#1131 (dlgAnsw) : [streetwise][impersonate]I'm about to go on a lengthy trip, but traveling with a large sum of money is very dangerous these days. There's a missing quote sign here
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: