Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of DecadenceTranslation Forum (Moderator: Vahha)[General] Technical localization talk
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [General] Technical localization talk  (Read 12689 times)
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2017, 06:59:35 pm »

About the final tweak of Maadoran City layer : "Healer" has been replaced by "Medicus", but as this NPC is a female, shouldn't it be "Medica" instead?
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/medicus
check the file  AoD_ maadoran_map_final.psd

Then, I'm not sure what has to be translated exactly on the cities maps : only the basic layers or the whole content with various locations that can be unlocked during the course of the game? Do we have to create some PNG buttons for these locations (e.g. Al-Rashid Fort aka the Imperial Guards Fort in Maadoran) ? Answer is found  lol
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:22:03 pm by AbounI » Logged
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2017, 05:59:01 am »

While checking the downloaded archive( aod_english_1.5.0.92.7z) containing all the files needed for the tanslation, it appears there are no file for the various unlockable locations at Ganezzar (art\gui\maps\image).
Also, the files "mdnMap_doctor_h.png" and "mdn Map_doctor_n.png" are missing. Those files exist for Teron, but not for Maadoran. Is it normal? I would like for the French Translation to use "Medicus" (male) in Teron, and "Medica"(female) in Maadoran.
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2017, 07:09:28 am »

While checking the downloaded archive( aod_english_1.5.0.92.7z) containing all the files needed for the tanslation, it appears there are no file for the various unlockable locations at Ganezzar (art\gui\maps\image).
Also, the files "mdnMap_doctor_h.png" and "mdn Map_doctor_n.png" are missing. Those files exist for Teron, but not for Maadoran. Is it normal? I would like for the French Translation to use "Medicus" (male) in Teron, and "Medica"(female) in Maadoran.
Seems like they aren't used anymore, just text inscriptions.

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2017, 09:31:54 am »

Seems like they aren't used anymore, just text inscriptions.
But they're not implemented in the basic layers of the cities (dds files)  Sad
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2017, 12:28:24 pm »

file : temple_ending.cs
"His long-winded attempts to explain the situation fall on deaf ears and only make the matters worse as a loremaster who does nothing but talk is no better than a talking bird but a lot less pleasing to the eye."

Something in this long sentence is missing, but I dont know exactly what. It could be a coma here or there. Anyway, I'm not sure how to fully understand the end "but a lot less pleasing to the eye". Who is the less pleasant to the eyes? the loremaster or the talking bird?  Roll Eyes

update:
In this same file, a spotted typo:
"He offers the finest selection at very reasonable prices, promising to fulfil any order within two weeks or it's free". Is should be "fulfill" ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:35:57 pm by AbounI » Logged
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2017, 05:03:43 am »

More typos:

1) file : vignette_loremaster.xml
- "You recieve the map from Gracius". Should be "receive"
- "I got this sphere, though" Hand the map and the sphere to Feng". A missing dot after though"
- "Please take the map and study it properly". There are thrice this sentence, but two of them don't have the coma after Please
- "Apparently, he wasn't welcome in this town, and with the assassins'  guild almost out of work...  I'm surprised he made it as far as the inn.". There are 2 double blank space in this one: the first after "assassin's", the second after the three dots
- "Alright, I wanted to save it for later, but I do need to pay for the inn, so..." The prospector unwraps yet another "artefact",  revealing a charred skull." Again, a double blank space after "artefact",
- "[success]"Well, don't I feel foolish now...  Still, the jewels alone have gotta be worth a few hundred." Double blank space after now...

2) vignette_drifter.xml
- "At the back of the tavern piles of loot sit atop tables, waiting to be counted and divided.". It should be "divvied". This sentence is also found in the file vignette_mercenary.xml, with the same typo.
- ""Let's head back, " says Vardanis, looking relieved". As the NPC is no longer speaking after that, shoudln't it be a dot instead of the coma? Anyway, there's also a double blank space here after back,
- "As is often the case when one's chasing "easy money.". (x3). In each one, it should be "..."easy money".".

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:19:36 am by AbounI » Logged
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2017, 08:00:07 am »

Something's wrong in the file teron_palace_TA.xml

situation:
 "[success]You wait for the guard to pass, then dart into the hallway and run as silently as you can, counting the heartbeats. It's clear that you won't make to the stairs leading down in time. You see two rooms up ahead. The guard behind you will reach the end of the hallway and turn around at any moment now. You have no choice but to pick a room and hope for the best."

After these entries, a choice for the PC opens up:
1) "The room on the left."
2) "The room on the right."

Then the descs, where it appears there is a an issue:

- "You duck into the room on your left. It's a display room where Antidas keeps his ancient curiosities. It's empty at the moment, but it's wide open and you will be fully exposed if someone were to walk in."
- "[sneak failure]You duck into the room on your left. It's a dining chamber...."

So from here, both room are on the left side, but deeper  in the file, there is this entry:
- "[sneak success]You duck into the room on your right. It's a dinning chamber..."

So I guess the dining room is actually the right one, and not the left, to match the second choice.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:47:55 am by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2017, 08:57:31 am »

Here is the Daratan palace 2nd floor.

* screenshot_037-00000.jpg (322.32 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 8 times.)

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2017, 05:19:35 pm »

Thanks Sunfire. That's useful.  Salute
Otherwise, file Feng_01.xml is empty   Sad
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2017, 01:58:32 am »

Yw, I'll re-upload it (and add some more files) today.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 03:01:35 am by Sunfire » Logged

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2017, 05:24:48 am »

TY  Salute
lingualconsultancy
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2017, 05:02:33 am »

Hi
 you can take help from this link.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6PEW_9.4.0/com.ibm.help.local.wuf.doc/WUF_Localization.html
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2017, 04:16:34 pm »

Wait, do spambots now post links to IBM support articles?

"Oh, 'twould be marvelous if the world and its moral questions were like some game board, with plain black players and white, and fixed rules, and nary a shade of grey."
The Black Company. Shadows Linger.

"But is the best good enough?"
(c) Oscar
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2017, 03:31:42 am »

Reporting more typos in:

- vignette_merchant.xml:
"You recieve a map from Linos" : receive

- vignette_thief.xml:
UID#102 & UID#106: "You grab the rope and start climbing, quickly and effortlessly pulling yourself up. You reach the window in no time and slip inside, way ahead of the inn's guards. Looks like you've missed quite a party. Three people are dead... An old travel chest stands open. The trader doesn't have much, which is probably why he risked coming to Teron. Some clothes, a small leather bag – judging by its weight, less than a hundred imperials, food rations, a few iron bars, and a short sword. The sound of footsteps in the corridor reminds you of the danger. You don't have much time left"

As the trader is dead, it should be "The trader didn't have much", no ?

- teron_palace_TA.xml:
UID#263 : "When you reach the cabinet, a tap on one of the panel returns a hollow sound." It should be "panels"

UID#220 : "[sneak]Climb over the wall". Missing dot here

UID#347: "Break his legs and throw him off the roof, boys." Missing GenderVars here : break <his/her> + throw <him/her>

- Cassius_01.xml:
"And finally, the meteor metal is an aleier of iron and several rare metals". That's the outdated name for sky metal.

-Quest_AG1.xml :
UID#10 : "[persuasion][charisma]"Because recovering the reports is more important than killing you. The lesson has already been taught." Nod at the other body on the floor."  There are actually 2 bodies: the old man and the girl at this moment.

-Quest-AG2.xml:
UID#483 + UID#508: "- The guild lies in ruins. Your betrayal won't be forgotten"
It's an added message that appears in the textbox, so there is a missing dot for both of them.

Salute
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: