Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [General] Technical localization talk  (Read 99249 times)
Sunfire
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2017, 01:45:39 pm »

There is an error in the file MDN_Trader_ExoticWeapons.xml (according to attached screenshot):

[Additional Passive and Hardness bonuses]

It should be:

[Additional THC and Hardness bonuses]

[attachment deleted by admin]
Sunfire
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2017, 01:20:29 pm »

I really can't understand next line from the file Quest_TG2_02.xml:

<string>aod.traps &gt; 3 &amp;&amp; aod.traps &lt; 4</string>
            <string>aod.traps &gt;= 4</string>

Seems like it must be a Traps skill range greater than 3 and less than 4, but it pointless, 'cause there aren't any integers there. May be it should be 3?

<string>aod.traps = 3</string>
            <string>aod.traps &gt;= 4</string>

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:22:26 am by Sunfire » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2017, 04:56:54 am »

All fixed above-mentioned files along with ui.english.cs and itemtext.english.xml (too many fixes to post it here) are in the attached archive typos_6.zip and on the GD.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:32:27 am by Sunfire » Logged
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2017, 11:38:37 am »

Salute

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Sunfire
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2017, 06:55:45 pm »

RU version with some recent fixes (aod_russian_1.6.0.3_10.zip) has been re-uploaded to the GD.
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2017, 04:55:44 pm »

The file "ending.cs" (scripts\data\slides\ending.cs) seems to be bugged, as there is twice the following line: "As his control over the legion grows, Commercium's influence wanes.".

But the second one is written with a "\n" (and Passolo adds another \), so as a result it gives:
"As his control over\\nthe legion grows, Commercium's influence wanes."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:59:58 pm by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2017, 04:34:59 am »

Seems like files Teron New Events.english.cs and Teron_New.mis haven't been updated since ver. 1.2.0.0130 (2015, May Update).
Are they still needed?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:23:49 pm by Sunfire » Logged
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2017, 06:59:35 pm »

About the final tweak of Maadoran City layer : "Healer" has been replaced by "Medicus", but as this NPC is a female, shouldn't it be "Medica" instead?
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/medicus
check the file  AoD_ maadoran_map_final.psd

Then, I'm not sure what has to be translated exactly on the cities maps : only the basic layers or the whole content with various locations that can be unlocked during the course of the game? Do we have to create some PNG buttons for these locations (e.g. Al-Rashid Fort aka the Imperial Guards Fort in Maadoran) ? Answer is found  lol
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:22:03 pm by AbounI » Logged
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2017, 05:59:01 am »

While checking the downloaded archive( aod_english_1.5.0.92.7z) containing all the files needed for the tanslation, it appears there are no file for the various unlockable locations at Ganezzar (art\gui\maps\image).
Also, the files "mdnMap_doctor_h.png" and "mdn Map_doctor_n.png" are missing. Those files exist for Teron, but not for Maadoran. Is it normal? I would like for the French Translation to use "Medicus" (male) in Teron, and "Medica"(female) in Maadoran.
Sunfire
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2017, 07:09:28 am »

While checking the downloaded archive( aod_english_1.5.0.92.7z) containing all the files needed for the tanslation, it appears there are no file for the various unlockable locations at Ganezzar (art\gui\maps\image).
Also, the files "mdnMap_doctor_h.png" and "mdn Map_doctor_n.png" are missing. Those files exist for Teron, but not for Maadoran. Is it normal? I would like for the French Translation to use "Medicus" (male) in Teron, and "Medica"(female) in Maadoran.
Seems like they aren't used anymore, just text inscriptions.
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2017, 09:31:54 am »

Seems like they aren't used anymore, just text inscriptions.
But they're not implemented in the basic layers of the cities (dds files)  Sad
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2017, 12:28:24 pm »

file : temple_ending.cs
"His long-winded attempts to explain the situation fall on deaf ears and only make the matters worse as a loremaster who does nothing but talk is no better than a talking bird but a lot less pleasing to the eye."

Something in this long sentence is missing, but I dont know exactly what. It could be a coma here or there. Anyway, I'm not sure how to fully understand the end "but a lot less pleasing to the eye". Who is the less pleasant to the eyes? the loremaster or the talking bird?  Roll Eyes

update:
In this same file, a spotted typo:
"He offers the finest selection at very reasonable prices, promising to fulfil any order within two weeks or it's free". Is should be "fulfill" ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:35:57 pm by AbounI » Logged
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2017, 05:03:43 am »

More typos:

1) file : vignette_loremaster.xml
- "You recieve the map from Gracius". Should be "receive"
- "I got this sphere, though" Hand the map and the sphere to Feng". A missing dot after though"
- "Please take the map and study it properly". There are thrice this sentence, but two of them don't have the coma after Please
- "Apparently, he wasn't welcome in this town, and with the assassins'  guild almost out of work...  I'm surprised he made it as far as the inn.". There are 2 double blank space in this one: the first after "assassin's", the second after the three dots
- "Alright, I wanted to save it for later, but I do need to pay for the inn, so..." The prospector unwraps yet another "artefact",  revealing a charred skull." Again, a double blank space after "artefact",
- "[success]"Well, don't I feel foolish now...  Still, the jewels alone have gotta be worth a few hundred." Double blank space after now...

2) vignette_drifter.xml
- "At the back of the tavern piles of loot sit atop tables, waiting to be counted and divided.". It should be "divvied". This sentence is also found in the file vignette_mercenary.xml, with the same typo.
- ""Let's head back, " says Vardanis, looking relieved". As the NPC is no longer speaking after that, shoudln't it be a dot instead of the coma? Anyway, there's also a double blank space here after back,
- "As is often the case when one's chasing "easy money.". (x3). In each one, it should be "..."easy money".".

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:19:36 am by AbounI » Logged
AbounI
Colonist

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2017, 08:00:07 am »

Something's wrong in the file teron_palace_TA.xml

situation:
 "[success]You wait for the guard to pass, then dart into the hallway and run as silently as you can, counting the heartbeats. It's clear that you won't make to the stairs leading down in time. You see two rooms up ahead. The guard behind you will reach the end of the hallway and turn around at any moment now. You have no choice but to pick a room and hope for the best."

After these entries, a choice for the PC opens up:
1) "The room on the left."
2) "The room on the right."

Then the descs, where it appears there is a an issue:

- "You duck into the room on your left. It's a display room where Antidas keeps his ancient curiosities. It's empty at the moment, but it's wide open and you will be fully exposed if someone were to walk in."
- "[sneak failure]You duck into the room on your left. It's a dining chamber...."

So from here, both room are on the left side, but deeper  in the file, there is this entry:
- "[sneak success]You duck into the room on your right. It's a dinning chamber..."

So I guess the dining room is actually the right one, and not the left, to match the second choice.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:47:55 am by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2017, 08:57:31 am »

Here is the Daratan palace 2nd floor.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: