Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of DecadenceTranslation Forum (Moderator: Vahha)[General] Technical localization talk
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [General] Technical localization talk  (Read 31598 times)
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2017, 07:12:02 am »

I've created AoD multi-language project for easy management and translation.
It includes FR and RU languages now.
Having some free time and big band of volunteers translators I could add any other language to it.

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2017, 12:37:12 pm »

Sunfire, you're a true iron bro  Wink
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2017, 01:17:09 pm »

I'm just glad to help Salute

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2017, 03:43:40 pm »

Concerning the new lines added in the itemtext.xml file, one is missing for the whetstone :
"<br><br>Duration: 10-20-30-40-50 attacks, from Bronze to Sky Metal."

According to the same Dungeon Rats file, it should be :
"<br>- Duration: 10-20-30-40-50 attacks, from Bronze to Sky Metal.<br><br>- Drag and drop on a weapon to apply the effect." (plus maybe another one for the ranged weapons if the whestone is allowed to work on missiles: "In the case of ranged weapons, drop on the arrows" ?)

Also, same file, missing dot at (unless there's a missing part):
"Astrolabe
A fascinating divination device that can determine the altitude of the celestial bodies as well as latitude and longitude,"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:17:31 pm by AbounI » Logged
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2017, 03:38:45 am »

Reporting more minor typos:

-file : levels\END_Antidas.mis : "Come here,  <charname>.". There is a double blank space after the coma.

-files : levels\Quest_TG3.mis + levels\Teron.mis + levels\Teron_IG.mis + levels\Teron_MG.mis + levels\Teron_New.mis:
- "Come here,  <charname>." (X4). Same double blank space
- "Potions and various alchemical components. You eyes start to itch lightly." Should be Your

-files : levels\Teron.mis + levels\Teron_New.mis :
- "Go in,  <charname>." Same double space too

- file: scripts\data\campaign\Maadoran Events.french.cs : ""You are not allowed to go there" . Missing dot at the end of the sentence.
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2017, 07:58:52 pm »

There are some old errors in the file itemtext.english.xml still:

<Item ID="1103">
      <Name>Silk Ordu Helmet</Name>
      <Desc>A common leather hat of the Ordu, good for keeping the sun off and your hair in place.</Desc>
   </Item>
   <Item ID="1104">
      <Desc>A common leather hat of the Ordu, good for keeping the sun off and your hair in place.</Desc>
   </Item>

It should be:

<Item ID="1103">
      <Desc>A common male silk hat of the Ordu, good for keeping the sun off and your hair in place.</Desc>
   </Item>
   <Item ID="1104">
      <Desc>A common female silk hat of the Ordu, good for keeping the sun off and your hair in place.</Desc>
   </Item>

-files : levels\Teron.mis + levels\Teron_New.mis :
- "Go in,  <charname>." Same double space too
There ara another double space lines also (Quest_TG3.mis, Teron.mis , Teron_IG.mis , Teron_MG.mis, Teron_New.mis):
Linos is waiting inside,  <charname>.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:58:22 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2017, 08:12:03 am »

File Hangar Exterior.mis (according to the files HGR_Soldiers_01.xml and HGR_Soldiers_02.xml):

new CharMarker(CM_Hangar_Aurelian_Legatus_10276) {
      dbID = "6300";
      gameID = "6300";
      constructOnLevelStart = "1";
      isPC = "0";
      charName = "Aurelian Legatus";

It should be (according to the files HGR_Soldiers_01.xml and HGR_Soldiers_02.xml):

new CharMarker(CM_Hangar_Aurelian_Legatus_10276) {
      dbID = "6300";
      gameID = "6300";
      constructOnLevelStart = "1";
      isPC = "0";
      charName = "Aurelian Decanus";
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:35:43 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2017, 06:44:26 pm »

Two more typos I've met while translating the tutorial.cs file:
- "If you're playing a non-combat character, focus on the core stas and skills of the chosen profession". It should be stats
- "He's a dodger, so hitting his legs will reduce his mobility and make him easier to hit. Even if the chance is good, you might still might him.". It should be "miss"

Now, a little tricky issue, concerning the keymapping:
"You can access the map screen when you exit buildings (it doesn't work indoors) by pressing M or clicking on the Star button (the one on the right)."
For us, with our AZERTY keyboards, the key for "M" should be our "?" key, but while testing that, it turns out that for me the shortcut is my "$" key. And I don't know if I'm an isolated case or not.

Updating:
file scripts\data\journal\lore.cs : "While exploring Al-Akia, the birthplace of the "gods", you found the First of the Magi\s notes". Should be "Magi\'s" in the original file, while Passolo is adding another one "\"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:11:58 am by AbounI » Logged
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2017, 03:53:19 pm »

I can now confirm I'm not alone with the quick Map access issue : logically  we should press "?" with our French AZERTY keyboard which is the equivalent for "M" with a QWERTY keyboard. Instead, with a French keyboard, we must press "$".

I don't know where it could come from
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:32:02 pm by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2017, 06:07:41 am »

There are some errors in the file help.english.cs:

1) According to the file item_desc.english.cs shields don't have any "dodge" penalty, so:

There are times when dodge characters may want to consider using a shield for the defense against critical strikes if gives them or ranged attacks, even with the associated dodge and to-hit penalties.\n\nYou can also use your shield to bash enemies and push them away.\n\nShield statistics:\n\nDR, Dodge penalty, To-Hit penalty, Versus Critical (vsCritical), Reduce Critical, and Versus Ranged (vsRanged).

It should be:

There are times when dodge characters may want to consider using a shield for the defense against critical strikes if gives them or ranged attacks, even with the associated armor and to-hit penalties.\n\nYou can also use your shield to bash enemies and push them away.\n\nShield statistics:\n\nDR, Armor penalty, To-Hit penalty, Versus Critical (vsCritical), Reduce Critical, and Versus Ranged (vsRanged).

2) It\'s very important once your character is pitted against more skilful and experienced opponents that they have some defence against critical strikes, as many fights are all but decided by well placed or lucky blows.

It should be:

It\'s very important once your character is pitted against more skilful and experienced opponents that they have some defense against critical strikes, as many fights are all but decided by well placed or lucky blows.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 06:19:51 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2017, 03:16:41 pm »

found some typos:

-file : text_vars.cs" -> "The man is not an easy master, and the list of your responsibilities would wear all but the longest scroll, but if you can last a few years the promise of advancement remains."
Missing coma after "years" -> "but if you can last a few years, the promise of advancement remains."

-files : tutorial.cs + helps.cs:
"Your character's Dexterity determines how many action points are available during each turn. Each action performed - swinging a sword, accessing your inventory, throwing a net, moving away, etc - has an associated AP cost."

Accessing the inventory is a free action, so it should be : "changing your equipment"

- help file:
- "ATTACK TYPES - "All weapons (except for crossbows) have fast, normal, and power attack options. Normal attacks - standard attacks that have no modifiers."
Called Regular attacks in game

- "The game offers eight different types of weapon. Each type has its own passive trait that increases along with your skill with the weapon. The higher the skill, the higher the chance to score the special effect associated with your weapon. Axes - increases critical strike damage.  Bows - increased chance of Critical Strike. Crossbows - chance to knock your opponent down"
should be : "chance of savage blow (reduces Strengh by 1)." (axes) & "chance to cripple for 2 turns (double movement cost)" (bows) & "chance to stagger your opponent (-3 AP)" (crossbows)

- "Shield statistics: DR, Dodge Armor penalty, To-Hit penalty, Versus Critical (vsCritical), Reduce Critical, and Versus Ranged (vsRanged). Versus Ranged - shields provide superior protection against all ranged attacks, but certain weapons, like pila (plural of pilum) and dagger-like armor-piercing bolts (30% chance) can go through shields, completely ignoring them."

Should it be deleted ?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:24:59 am by AbounI » Logged
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2017, 05:07:23 pm »

1) According to the file item_desc.english.cs shields don't have any "dodge" penalty, so:

There are times when dodge characters may want to consider using a shield for the defense against critical strikes if gives them or ranged attacks, even with the associated dodge and to-hit penalties.\n\nYou can also use your shield to bash enemies and push them away.\n\nShield statistics:\n\nDR, Dodge penalty, To-Hit penalty, Versus Critical (vsCritical), Reduce Critical, and Versus Ranged (vsRanged).

It should be:

There are times when dodge characters may want to consider using a shield for the defense against critical strikes if gives them or ranged attacks, even with the associated armor and to-hit penalties.\n\nYou can also use your shield to bash enemies and push them away.\n\nShield statistics:\n\nDR, Armor penalty, To-Hit penalty, Versus Critical (vsCritical), Reduce Critical, and Versus Ranged (vsRanged).

Not if, but it
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2017, 05:22:59 pm »

Axes' passive effect has been changed recently. Now it's a modifier to CS damage. So, the help description seems up-to-date to me.

- "Shield statistics: DR, Dodge Armor penalty, To-Hit penalty, Versus Critical (vsCritical), Reduce Critical, and Versus Ranged (vsRanged). Versus Ranged - shields provide superior protection against all ranged attacks, but certain weapons, like pila (plural of pilum) and dagger-like armor-piercing bolts (30% chance) can go through shields, completely ignoring them."

Should it be deleted ?
According to the file items.dat, Armor Piercing Missile no longer has any Ign. VsRng value (like Pilum, which Ign. VsRng = 40). I dunno if this is intended or accidently.

Not if, but it
Right!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:42:39 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2017, 06:03:58 pm »

Axes' passive effect has been changed recently. Now it's a modifier to CS damage.

Oh thanks Sunfire, I wasn't aware of that  Salute
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2017, 03:05:57 am »

1) According to the file attacks.cs:
(click to show/hide)

Torso (targets armor\'s weak spots; swords, daggers, spears, ranged weapons only) - DR reduced by 30% on a successful hit, DR reduced by 80% and a penalty to Constitution on a critical hit.

It should be:

Torso (targets armor\'s weak spots; swords, daggers, spears, ranged weapons only) - DR reduced by 40% on a successful hit, DR reduced by 80% and a penalty to Constitution on a critical hit.

2) According to the file item_desc.english.cs:

Hardness - your armor can be damaged during attacks, Hardness measures its ability to resist such damage\n\nDodge & Block Penalty - your armor reduces your mobility, so choose the right armor wisely and don\'t assume that bigger armor is better for all characters\n\nVersus critical (vsCritical) - protection against Critical Strikes (attacks that target weak armor spots and vital organs).

It should be:

Hardness - your armor can be damaged during attacks, Hardness measures its ability to resist such damage.\n\nArmor Penalty (to Dodge & Block Defense) - your armor reduces your mobility, so choose the right armor wisely and don\'t assume that bigger armor is better for all characters.\n\nSneak penalty - can be checked in some dialogue and interactive text segments.\n\nVersus critical (vsCritical) - protection against Critical Strikes (attacks that target weak armor spots and vital organs).

3) Hardness stat is forgotten:

Helmet statistics:\n\nDamage resistance (DR) - usually less than most armor DR, so even if you fail to score a critical hit, you\'ll cause more damage if you can actually hit someone\'s head.\n\nVersus critical (vsCritical) - the heavier the helmet, the better it protects you against critical strikes, but the more it limits your field of vision.\n\nTo-hit penalty - a helmet\'s design may limit your vision, thus reducing your to-hit chance.

It should be:

Helmet statistics:\n\nDamage resistance (DR) - usually less than most armor DR, so even if you fail to score a critical hit, you\'ll cause more damage if you can actually hit someone\'s head.\n\nHardness - measures your helmet ability to resist a damage during head aimed attacks.\n\nVersus critical (vsCritical) - the heavier the helmet, the better it protects you against critical strikes, but the more it limits your field of vision.\n\nTo-hit penalty - a helmet\'s design may limit your vision, thus reducing your to-hit chance.

4) According to the files item_desc.english.cs and items.dat (and what is Reduce Critical stat?):

Shield statistics:\n\nDR, Dodge penalty, To-Hit penalty, Versus Critical (vsCritical), Reduce Critical, and Versus Ranged (vsRanged).\n\nVersus Ranged - shields provide superior protection against all ranged attacks, but certain weapons, like pila (plural of pilum) and dagger-like armor-piercing bolts (30% chance) can go through shields, completely ignoring them.

It should be:

Shield statistics:\n\nDR, Hardness, Armor penalty, Sneak penalty, To-Hit penalty, Versus Critical (vsCritical), and Versus Ranged (vsRanged).\n\nArmor Penalty - your shield (just like your armor) reduces your mobility.\n\nVersus Ranged - shields provide superior protection against all ranged attacks, but certain weapons, like pila (plural of pilum) with 40% chance can go through shields, completely ignoring them.

5) According to the file items.dat - not anymore:
DR is divided by 3 to determine the effective value, i.e. a DR9 armor will absorb 9 points of damage if shot at by regular ammo and only 3 points (9/3) if hit by armor-piercing ammo. There is also a 30% chance that it will pass straight through a shield, making a block ineffective.\n\nJagged - causes more damage, but is easily stopped by armor.

It should be:

DR is divided by 3 to determine the effective value, i.e. a DR9 armor will absorb 9 points of damage if shot at by regular ammo and only 3 points (9/3) if hit by armor-piercing ammo.\n\nJagged - causes more damage, but is easily stopped by armor.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:52:46 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: