Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of DecadenceTranslation Forum (Moderator: Vahha)[General] Technical localization talk
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [General] Technical localization talk  (Read 36867 times)
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2017, 02:57:47 pm »

Ok guys, time has come to report the few minor issues we've met so far during the progress of the French translation.

files:

- scripts\data\campaign\Hellgate Underground Events.french.cs : missing dot at : "The magical rays burn you for 10 points of damage, reducing your constitution by 1"

- scripts\data\campaign\Mining Outpost Events.french.cs : missing dot at : "(1, "I can't leave right now"

- scripts\data\campaign\Quest_TG3 Events.french.cs : missing dot at : "You should take the cart and go through the gate"

- scripts\data\journal\artefacts.french.cs : missing coma or dash at : "Strangely warped, but that isn't unusual for artefacts of the Old Empire  who knows what arcane forces had been unleashed on it?"

- scripts\data\journal\techniques.french.cs : missing dot at :"you've learned how to make healing pastes and ointments" + ancient description at : "Balanced : Weapons forged with this knowledge are much easier to wield, which increases the attack speed." It should be accuracy

- scripts\data\text\character.french.cs : crafting [adept] (the second one desc) / next level improves : "Masterwork Shields - Hardened edge - Serrated edge - Hardened armors and shields" . Missing dot.

- scripts\data\text\character.french.cs : "Disguise". A leftover of a previous version. Now it should be "Impersonate".

-scripts\data\text\options.french.cs : missing string for the "Combat Wait" command in order to remap it ?
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2017, 03:11:10 am »

Some lines are incorporeted to the file "Mining Outpost.french.mis" but they refer to the AG1 quest:

- "They probably watched the gate from here..."
- "Window"
- "Door"
- "There are some letters here, talking about the health of the old man."
- "Most probably fake, these are not the documents you are looking for..."
- "Papers"
- "There is nothing but old clothes here..."
- "Cabinet"
- "Just some trash..."
- "Trash"
- "You are back at Feng's house""
- "[Exit] Go back to Feng"

Then, the file "characters.french.cs" includes a typo error at "The plains were different now". I guess it should be "are"
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2017, 04:59:14 pm »

Still few minor issues in the file "scripts\data\journal\quests.cs"

- Missing dots at the following entries:

1) Power to the People quest : "Hector asked you to get rid of Miltiades.You can find him at the inn in the Temple district" : missing dot after district.
2) Aemola's Gold quest : "If you're up for another exciting adventure, look Miltiades up when you go to Maadoran. You never know, it might be big. Maadoran is a big city. You wonder where he might be... Miltiades had a falling out with his partner. He wants you to visit him and get the money" : missing dot after "money"
3) The Conspiracy quest : "The Boatmen have been dealt with, and as a result, Gaelius is dead and his nephew sits on the throne" : Missing dot after "throne"

- Typos at the following entries:

1) Find Darius' Tomb quest : "The Ordu were slaughered at the pass." : it should be "slaughtered"
2) "You might want to increase you reputation with House Crassus before seeking an audience." : should be "your"
3) "You're now an acolite of Balzaar." : it should be "acolyte"
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2017, 07:22:44 pm »

Uploaded aod_english_1.5.0.87.7z for translation =)

"Oh, 'twould be marvelous if the world and its moral questions were like some game board, with plain black players and white, and fixed rules, and nary a shade of grey."
The Black Company. Shadows Linger.

"But is the best good enough?"
(c) Oscar
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2017, 07:37:36 am »

1) An error in the file PlayGui_600.english.gui:

Centers the camera on the player (shift+z)

It should be:

Centers the camera on the player (V)

2) Missing dot in the file teron_palace_TA.xml:

Go outside

It should be:

Go outside.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:14:25 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2017, 09:49:34 am »

Uploaded aod_english_1.5.0.87_2.7z, which includes suggested fixes from this thread and font scale slider in options menu.

"Oh, 'twould be marvelous if the world and its moral questions were like some game board, with plain black players and white, and fixed rules, and nary a shade of grey."
The Black Company. Shadows Linger.

"But is the best good enough?"
(c) Oscar
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2017, 12:57:07 am »

1) A typo in the file NPC_AbyssOldMan_01.xml (occurs twice):

‘What do these charms do?”

It should be:

What do these charms do?”

2) Old version discrepancy in the file help.english.cs (according to the file item_desc.english.cs):

Armor piercing - causes less damage, but penetrates through armor better. DR is divided by 3 to determine the effective value, i.e. a DR9 armor will absorb 9 points of damage if shot at by regular ammo and only 3 points (9/3) if hit by armor-piercing ammo. There is also a 30% chance that it will pass straight through a shield, making a block ineffective.\n\nJagged - causes more damage, but is easily stopped by armor. DR is multiplied by 3 to determine the effective value, i.e. a DR1 armor will absorb 3 points of damage, but a DR4 armor will absorb 12 points of damage.

It should be:

Armor piercing - causes less damage, but penetrates through armor better. DR is divided by 2 to determine the effective value, i.e. a DR8 armor will absorb 8 points of damage if shot at by regular ammo and only 4 points (8/2) if hit by armor-piercing ammo. There is also a 30% chance that it will pass straight through a shield, making a block ineffective.\n\nJagged - causes more damage, but is easily stopped by armor. DR is multiplied by 2 to determine the effective value, i.e. a DR1 armor will absorb 2 points of damage, but a DR4 armor will absorb 8 points of damage.

3) Old version discrepancy in the file tutorial.english.cs (according to game interface):

To continue the tutorial, press I to open the inventory screen or click on the Helmet button on the interface (second from the left).

It should be:

To continue the tutorial, press I to open the inventory screen or click on the Helmet button on the interface (third from the left).

4) Same:

Now that you're armed and ready to fight, press C to open the character screen or click on the Eye button (first from the left).

It should be:

Now that you're armed and ready to fight, press C to open the character screen or click on the Eye button (second from the left).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:10:13 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2017, 10:48:46 am »

Fixed.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2017, 05:26:34 pm »

I'm working on the translation of the huge textbox file.
I've just noticed that some entries concerning the "aimed: head" strikes have some following descriptions : " the armor absorbs bla bla bla". Logically, striking head only takes in account the helmet DR and not the armor DR, so is there any particular reason for those kind of entries (it seems they only concern PC vs  <victim> )?

edit: Ok, I see now why the file talks about armor and not helmet for those particular entries (when PC's striking to the head) : it only concerns the constructs (tearing through the gearwork) and Gardian/Demons (sending chunks of stone flying everywhere). It turns out the "game" doesn't consider them wearing an helmet. Those descs only appear in case of a critical strike against them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:53:17 pm by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2017, 06:00:00 am »

1) An errors in all files AlchemyScreen_xxxx.english.gui (except for AlchemyScreen_768.english.gui):
         new GuiScrollCtrl(AS_inv_scroll) {
            position = "xx yy";
            extent = "aaa bbb";

They should be the same as in the files CraftScreen_xxxx.english.gui or InventoryScreen_xxxx.english.gui:

new GuiScrollCtrl(CRS_inv_scroll) {
or
         new GuiScrollCtrl(IS_inv_scroll) {
            position = "xx zz";
            extent = "aaa ccc";

2) A error in the file AlchemyScreen_900.english.gui:

new GuiBitmapCtrl(IS_crafting_inactive) {
            bitmap = "art/gui/buttons/btn_crafting_900_grey.png";
            wrap = "0";
            position = "729 101";

It should be:

bitmap = "art/gui/buttons/btn_crafting_900_grey.png";
            wrap = "0";
            position = "734 101";

3) Script blocks
         new GuiBitmapCtrl(IS_alchemy_inactive) {
and
are missing in the files InventoryScreen_600.english.gui and InventoryScreen_768.english.gui.

4) There are some mess in the file InventoryScreen_1440.english.gui:

(click to show/hide)

It should be:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:33:37 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2017, 08:53:53 am »

File AlchemyScreen_768.english.gui should be modified next way (similar to CraftScreen_600.english.gui):
(click to show/hide)
Pt.1

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2017, 08:54:43 am »

Pt.2
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:56:14 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2017, 08:57:08 am »

Pt.3
(click to show/hide)

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2017, 08:59:04 am »

Heya Smile

We need to get this update out, we have been holding it up for too long now and it has some very important changes and fixes we want to adress. We are planning on doing another update after this one and we'll include these fixes. Can you update the latest translation pack?

Thanks!

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2017, 09:04:45 am »

¡Hola, Oscar!

Ok, I see.
RU pack is updated.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 07:10:01 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: