Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of DecadenceTranslation Forum (Moderator: Vahha)[General] Technical localization talk
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [General] Technical localization talk  (Read 19902 times)
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2018, 02:45:13 pm »

file temple_ending.cs:
- "The only exception is Paullus' personal adviser, a  <man/woman> who said to be instrumental in securing the nobles' support and organizing riots."
There's a double blank space before the tag <man/woman>.

- "They say <he/she> is a holy  <man/woman> who answers to a higher power and that even Paullus speaks with <him/her> with the utmost respect and seeks  <his/her> counsel and always finds  <his/her> advice worth following."
There are some double blank space before the tags <man/woman> + <his/her>(X2)

file: Quest_IG4_01.xml

at UID#12 : <npc_text>“He thinks he can. He thinks that he can elevate their khan and his generals and they will serve him faithfully, out of fear to lose it all, like civilized men do. But the Ordu aren’t civilized. The don’t care about these things and by the time Gaelius realizes it, it will be too late.“</npc_text>
It should be "They don't care..."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:51:29 pm by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2018, 04:00:22 pm »

An error in the file rewards_events.cs resulting lost reward:
(click to show/hide)

There is an appropriate script in the file Quest_faelanFight Events.english.cs for Falean_03:
(click to show/hide)
but not for Falean_02, instead calling a missing one Faelan_02:
(click to show/hide)

Uploaded aod_russian_1.6.0.105_14.zip and Fixes&typos_1.6.0.105_14.zip with the above-mentioned fixes + some more from the Steam + old bugs (full list is here).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:35:04 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2018, 06:52:13 am »

Ok, let's take time to report more isuues:

In file Quest_TG4_01.xml at UID#3471, here what we have:
<npc_text>You find the chest with the artefacts without any difficulty.<nlo> It’s reinforced with black lead, but left unlocked. Inside, there are several compartments, one for each artefact.<nlo> The artefacts are wrapped in linen, but you can see the glow emanating from some of them through the fabric.<nlo> Suddenly, you feel light-headed and nauseated. You find the jar, take it, and close the chest.</npc_text>
There are three <nlo> tags that shouldn't be there. A leftover from the times such file were not in xlm format. Can be removed so.

In the file NPC_Levir_01.xml, at UID#2920+2921+2924, three times we got that:
-<dlgAnsw>
<text>“Why is Ganezzar under siege?</text>
Here the closing quote sign isn't a quote sign
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2018, 01:29:17 pm »

Uploaded aod_russian_1.6.0.105_15.zip and Fixes&typos_1.6.0.105_15.zip with the above-mentioned fixes + old bugs (full list is here).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:34:31 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2018, 01:19:57 pm »

Two typos I didn't notice at the 1st read in file NPC_Kemnebi_01.xml

-UID#3406 : <npc_text>“No gold, eh?” sighs Kemnebi. “I had a feeling that that might be the case, when Gracchus didn’t try to negotiate with us.“</npc_text>
It should be "I had a feeling that it might be the case..."

-UID#3407 : <npc_text>“We were already here,” shrugs Kemnebi. “ And I had an old score to settle with the Hundred Swords. So, all in all, the day hasn’t been a complete waste. “Take anything you see, kid. You’ve earned it.”</npc_text>.
There's an unnecessary blank space here (in red)

Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2018, 02:35:35 pm »

Uploaded aod_russian_1.6.0.105_18.zip and Fixes&typos_1.6.0.105_18.zip with the above-mentioned fixes + some more from the Steam + old bugs (full list is here).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:34:22 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2018, 01:59:11 pm »

Reporting few more typos
- File Quest_TG5_02.xml

- UID#3497 : <npc_text>[failure]"Kill <him/her>," snaps the Boatman's leader, making an exective decision.</npc_text>
It should be "executive".

-UID#3452 : <npc_text>[failure]A few minutes later, one of the Boatrmen opens the door and steps outside. He looks at your handiwork, frowns, then steps over it. One by one, seven more Boatmen join him. They exchange glances, as if getting ready, then start walking towards the Slums.</npc_text>
It's Boatmen of course.

-UID#3477 : <npc_text>You see Lucius is defending himself against two Boatmen, his back to the wall. Distracted, one of the Boatmen glances at you, and Lucius uses this opportunity to ram his dagger between the assassin's ribs. The man falls down dead. Being outnumbered the other Boatman throws down his weapon and looks you straight in the eyes, awaiting your decision.</npc_text>.
It seems there's a double blank space here (Let's wait Sunfire's confirmation)

-UID#3480 : <npc_text>The first thing you see is Lucius, slumped in the corner, dead. The next moment the Boatmen attack you, hoping to take you by surrpise. The two are badly wounded, but it's small comfort at this point in the game.</npc_text>.
It should be "surprise".

- File Quest_TG5_03.xml
UID#2908 : <npc_text>Getting in will be easier than you think. The palace is well guarded but it’s wide open and full of people: nobles and their families, petitioners, emissaries, servants, and an army of parasites living off the vast wealth of the House. It’s a human hive, so all you have to do is fit in, then find a way upstairs into Gaelius’ private quarters. “Let me know when you’re ready and I’ll arrange a meeting with Cyrus.”</npc_text>
A missing quote sign at the very beginning of this speech. Maybe removing the one just before "Let me know..." is necessary?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:26:44 pm by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2018, 07:34:40 am »

Uploaded aod_russian_1.6.0.105_20.zip and Fixes&typos_1.6.0.105_20.zip with the above-mentioned fixes + some more from the RU thread + old bugs (full list is here).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:34:13 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2018, 05:08:50 pm »

There are many typos in file Quest_TG6_03.xml.
Let's report them
  • UID#3493 : <npc_text>[success]“You were there? Less then a hundred men walked out alive!... .</npc_text>. It should be "than"
  • UID#3503 : <npc_text>You flash the guards you badge and they let you in...</npc-text>. It should be "your"
  • UID#3513 : <npc_text>The emissary – a man with a round, clean-shaven head, blue eyes, and lips, set in a permanent, professional smile...</npc_text>. This comma shouldn't be there.
  • UID#3553 : <npc_text>[failure]You take the first guard by surrprise, ...</npc_text>. It should be "surprise".
  • UID#3573 : <npc_text>... he starts pulling out his sword, and returns to the first quard to finish the job.</npc_text>. It should "guard".
  • UID#3558 : <npc_text>[failure]"Yet something clearly isn't," says the guard </npc_text>. A missing dot after "guard".
  • UID#3527 : <npc_text>“And why shouldn’t we? We aren’t talking about some beggar claiming to speak for the gods to collect more coins. We’re talking about the Lord of House Crassus – the noblest of the noble, the wealthiest of the wealthy, What possible reasons would he have to make such claims?”</npc_text> This comma should be a dot.
  • UID#3534 : <npc_text>... The emissary faints. You notice a strange reliquary in Gaelius' hand and prompty pocket it.</npc_text>. It should be "promptly".
  • UID#3545 : <npc_text>... and dies almost instantly, with Cyrus’ dagger buried to the hilt in his throat. You notice a strange reliquary in his hand and prompty pocket it. </npc_text>. It should be "promptly" again here.
  • UID#3569 : <npc_text>... and dies almost instantly, with your dagger buried to the hilt in his throat. You notice a strange reliquary in his hand and prompty pocket it.</npc_text>. Again, it should also be "promptly".

Now, still for this file, a suggestion. It starts when PC+Cyrus visit the emissary from Crassus.At two moments (it depends of PC's choices), two gards enter the room as in UID#3552 & UID#3554, so many entries should consider the plural form, as in :
  • UID#3555 : <npc_text>[failure]"Not until the Legatus verifies your identity," says the guard firmly, putting his hand on the sword's pommel. The odds of you taking him by surprise are slim to none.</npc_text>. Why not use the plural here and replace "him" by "them"? Moreover, one of the possible PC's choice here is "Kill them".
  • UID#3559 : <npc_text>[failure]"My apologies, but I'm not leaving until the Legatus verifies your identity," says the guard firmly, putting his hand on the sword's pommel. The odds of you taking him by surprise are slim to none.</npc_text>. A plural form should give "we're not leaving" and "taking them"
  • UID#3557 &UID#3561 : <npc_text>[success]"Alright then," says the guard... "If you need anything, we'll be in the hallway, emissary."</npc_text>-<dlgAnsw><text>Wait for him to leave, then take the golden badge and go to the west wing.</text></dlgAnsw>. Could be replaced by "them" so.

Now, concerning the name of “Legatus Quintus Tullius Varus” (with only one R at UID# 3502), twice in the file, his name is written as Varrus (with a double R):
  • UID#3483 : <npc_text>“The Legatus’ office. He is the one who issues them, so he’s bound to have a few lying around. The guard at the tavern gave me two names – Legatus Varrus and Centurion Masala. Enough to get us in. How quick are your fingers?”</npc_text>
  • UID#3556 : -<dlgAnsw>
    <text>[streetwise]"I presented my documents to the Legatus Varrus this afternoon. I can assure you that everything is in order."</text>.
What's the right spelling? Varus or Varrus ?

Now, concerning the 3rd floor in this file, it seems there is nothing to do in the loremaster office as in UID#3490:
-<dlgPart>
<portrait/>
<speaker_name/>
<npc_text>Go upstairs</npc_text>
-<onLoadScripts>
<string>dlgFinish();</string>
<string>dlgTeleportToMarker(TM_ThirdFloor);</string>
<string>dlgFadeToThisPart();</string>
<string>FLOOR3_01.isRenderEnabled = true;</string>
<string>FLOOR3_02.isRenderEnabled = true;</string>
<string>setRtsCam();</string>
<string>aod.quest_tg6_atFloor3 = true;</string>
</onLoadScripts>
<answers/>
<UID>3490</UID>
Is there something missing like unfinished part of quest?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:30:24 pm by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2018, 03:49:02 am »

What's the right spelling? Varus or Varrus ?

Vince said it should be Varus (you can use GT).

Now, concerning the 3rd floor in this file, it seems there is nothing to do in the loremaster office as in UID#3490:
(click to show/hide)
Is there something missing like unfinished part of quest?

You can try to complete "The grain of truth" quest while not being a HA praetor. It must be checked in-game.

UPD. Uploaded aod_russian_1.6.0.105_21.zip and Fixes&typos_1.6.0.105_21.zip with the above-mentioned fixes + some more from the RU thread + old bugs (full list is here).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:35:50 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2018, 01:02:00 pm »

A typo I forgot to report in file Quest_TG6_03.xml :
UID#3578 : <npc_text>You're standing in well guarded hall that serves as a security hub between the west and east wings of the palace, separating and governing access to them...</npc_text>.
It should be "in a well guarded".  Salute
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2018, 03:25:13 pm »

For the translation of this screen, do we have to do anything with the 2 buttons? Leave them as they are, delete them or replace them with the French ones?
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2018, 02:29:20 am »

Those buttons are here: ./art/gui.aod/buttons/ and must be translated separately. I can try to make FR buttons in PS if you have a ready FR translation.

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2018, 06:30:59 am »

Those buttons are here: ./art/gui.aod/buttons/ and must be translated separately. I can try to make FR buttons in PS if you have a ready FR translation.
The translation of the buttons is done, only the 9 ones for the "TRANSFER" (transfer_button) need to be fixed : Tyson did them as "TRANSFERER" while it should be "TRANSFÉRER".
All buttons are already uploaded in the Drive and renamed for the French translation : AoD French/Art/French/gui/Buttons

So if I understand well, for every screen/panel with "interactive buttons", we need to ignore them and only scriptures have to be translated?  Salute
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 06:39:03 am by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2018, 07:26:01 am »

Yes.

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: