Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of DecadenceTranslation Forum (Moderator: Vahha)[General] Technical localization talk
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [General] Technical localization talk  (Read 19889 times)
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2017, 10:30:45 am »

Uploaded the file aod_russian_1.6.0.75_3.zip with some fixes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:59:20 pm by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2017, 04:57:08 pm »

I guess something's wrong with the tags in the file Antidas_02.xml at UID#13:
<npc_text>"I don't have a habit of talking to those who come into my home uninvited, but you went to great lengths to seek my audience. The least I can do is give you a chance. Call Dellar, tell him to put <his/her> skills to the test. If <he/she> survives it, bring <him/her> back to me."</npc_text>

Clearly, here, Antidas is speaking to Charname, see the "you" quoted in bold.
But from "Call Dellar...", it's as if Antidas is speaking to a guard, not charname, as the gendervar tags concern charname, not Dellar (who doesn't need any GV btw).
So I guess, a part of text is missing. Something like "...The least I can do is give you a chance." Turning to his guards, Antidas says (or orders for a better word) "Call Dellar, tell him to put..."   Salute

edit: maybe it's already fixed in the latest game version? Our French translation files are only 1.5.0.0092
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:11:21 pm by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2017, 07:42:01 am »

Nope, the latest version has the same text.

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Every plot you take, every bug you make, every script you break, every end you fake, I'll be watching you.
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2017, 01:52:18 pm »

Seen, thanks Sunfire  Salute
Another issue : Antidas_01.xml (UID#1009) vs Antidas _02.xml (UID#9) when charname answers to Antidas:
-<dlgPart>
<portrait/>
<speaker_name/>
<npc_text>"I expect nothing less from you."</npc_text>

in Antidas_01:
 -<dlgAnsw>
<text>[streetwise]"I too believe in destiny, my Lord. This ring has been in my family for generations, given to my forefathers for safekeeping by General Galbo himself. It is, without a doubt, one of the most important relics of the Empire, and its reappearance is a great omen! It is yours, my Lord." </text>

While Antidas_02 gives:
-<dlgAnsw>
<text>[streetwise success]"I too believe in destiny, my Lord. This ring has been in my family for generations, given to my forefathers for safekeeping by General Galbo himself. It is, without a doubt, one of the most important relics of the Empire, and its reappearance is a great omen! It is yours, my Lord." </text>

The difference in the skillcheck doesn't sound logical to me, but which one is the right one?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:31:50 pm by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2017, 03:32:35 pm »

[streetwise] goes before the aod.streetwise check usually, while [streetwise success] - after.

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2017, 05:58:14 pm »

[streetwise] goes before the aod.streetwise check usually, while [streetwise success] - after.
So, assuming there are in the source files no script such as
-<checksOnClick>
<string>streetwise >= X</string>
a tag like [streetwise success/failure] don't have to appear? A simple skillcheck [streetwise] is the correct form?
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2017, 10:54:41 pm »

If you want to simplicate it - use [streetwise] when PC need to choose an answer, and [streetwise success] with NPC text.

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2017, 04:14:04 am »

Thanks Sunfire for the tip.
One of my proofreader deleted 3 files, it seems they no longer exist: File & Translator, Quest & Antidas_02.
It's a disaster : the biggest file which we were proofreading, the F&T (our "feuille de route") and Antidas_02 which I was working on.
As you're the owner of the folder, is there a solution to get them back ?
I don't know why he did that, better explain himself!  Cry
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:15:54 am by AbounI » Logged
Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2017, 05:31:41 am »

All deleted files have been restored, but seems like they lack any comments. That proofreader's access level set as read only until you'll sort it out.

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2017, 05:36:46 am »

Many many many thanks Sunfire. You're so awesome, really (Cyril told me to big up you).
No matter for the comms, at least, all is back as it was before. That's the most important.
The comms, I'm able to replace them
SO great, thanks again SF  Salute Salute Salute
I was really afraid they were definitly lost
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:45:40 am by AbounI » Logged
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2017, 08:19:05 am »

Seen, thanks Sunfire  Salute
Another issue : Antidas_01.xml (UID#1009) vs Antidas _02.xml (UID#9) when charname answers to Antidas:
-<dlgPart>
<portrait/>
<speaker_name/>

in Antidas_01:
 -<dlgAnsw>
<text>[streetwise]"I too believe in destiny, my Lord. This ring has been in my family for generations, given to my forefathers for safekeeping by General Galbo himself. It is, without a doubt, one of the most important relics of the Empire, and its reappearance is a great omen! It is yours, my Lord." </text>

While Antidas_02 gives:
-<dlgAnsw>
<text>[streetwise success]"I too believe in destiny, my Lord. This ring has been in my family for generations, given to my forefathers for safekeeping by General Galbo himself. It is, without a doubt, one of the most important relics of the Empire, and its reappearance is a great omen! It is yours, my Lord." </text>

The difference in the skillcheck doesn't sound logical to me, but which one is the right one?

Concerning this issue, I think I get where the problem is: in the file Antidas_01, at UID#1009, there are no script like <checkOnAppear> aod.streetwise < 3</checkOnAppear> before in the NPC text and after in the PC text too. So it seems, there is no need for a [streetwise] tag here:
-<dlgPart>

<portrait/>

<speaker_name/>

<onLoadScripts/>

-<answers>

-<dlgAnsw>

<text>Leave.</text>

<def_link>1011</def_link>

<checkOnAppear/>

<checksOnClick/>

<linksOnClick/>

<scriptsOnClick/>

</dlgAnsw>

-<dlgAnsw>

<def_link>1010</def_link>

<checkOnAppear/>

<checksOnClick/>

<linksOnClick/>

<scriptsOnClick/>

</dlgAnsw>

</answers>

<UID>1009</UID>

Maybe it's one of the 2 issues. The second one, Antidas_02, at UID#50, there's no score check in the NPC text, it appears only in the PC answers options:
-<dlgPart>

<portrait/>

<speaker_name/>

<npc_text>"If you find it, let me know."</npc_text>

<onLoadScripts/>

-<answers>

-<dlgAnsw>

<text>"Before I go... I have this ring..."</text>

<def_link>18</def_link>

<checkOnAppear>aod.quest_galbo_speakWithAntidas == true && dlgOwnsItem(1350) == true && aod.streetwise < 3</checkOnAppear>

<checksOnClick/>

<linksOnClick/>

<scriptsOnClick/>

</dlgAnsw>

-<dlgAnsw>

<text>[streetwise]"I too believe in destiny, my Lord. This ring has been in my family for generations, giving to my forefathers for safekeeping by General Galbo himself. It is, without a doubt, one of the most important relics of the Empire, and its reappearance is a great omen! It is yours, my Lord." </text>

<def_link>19</def_link>

<checkOnAppear>aod.quest_galbo_speakWithAntidas == true && dlgOwnsItem(1350) == true && aod.streetwise >= 3</checkOnAppear>

-<checksOnClick>

<string>aod.npc_cassius_betrayal == true</string>

</checksOnClick>

-<linksOnClick>

<int>41</int>

</linksOnClick>

<scriptsOnClick/>

</dlgAnsw>
So here, it should be [streetwise success] like all the 5 others ones in this file, all of them leading to UID#19.
I think I understand now : streetwise is a passive skill, which means PC isn't aware his streetwise score is checked, so only a successful result is allowed & shown, there can't be a [streetwise failure] possibility of answers  Salute

AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »

Find a typo in the file Quest_MgTest.xml.

"You fake a genuine interest and skilfully encourage the guards to impress you with their vast knowledge of the current affairs, learning that the guards pay has been cut again" (X4 in the file at UID#32 #33 #3 & #4)

It should be "... the guards' pay has been cut again..."  Salute
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2017, 03:58:32 am »

Reporting more typos:

- File Antidas_02.xml UID#8 :
NPC text : "... Gaelius would rather bury the past than face it. "Find Domitius. If there is a way in, he'll help you find it. If not, seek elsewhere."
Here it should be "seek answers elsewhere" to match with file Antidas_01 at UID#1008

- File Teron_Blacksmith.xml UID#485
NPC text : (dagger) "Here you go. Anything else?"
Here, it should be daggers to match with all other weapons style in their plural form.

- File scripts\data\journal\quests.cs :
"Congratulations, you're Balzaar's new first acolite." It should be "acolyte".

- File Cassius_02.xml
UID#143, NPC text : "[...]And all the people fled from the ships of the kindom of Q'antaar, which had crossed the sea, inflicting every kind of punishment upon the people of Lakia. [...]".
It should be "kingdom".

UID#103 NPC text : "For example, there are several different accounts of  the battle of Estios all claiming the same thing." 2 blank spaces here

Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2017, 03:56:43 pm »

I've just found some missed quotes in the file Quest_TG3_05.xml:

1) [failure]One last time, the town is sealed until further notice. Turn around and go back NOW!"
2) [success]Alright. I'll let you through. Good luck with your mission."

It should be:

1) [failure]"One last time, the town is sealed until further notice. Turn around and go back NOW!"
2) [success]"Alright. I'll let you through. Good luck with your mission."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:57:57 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Sunfire
Archmaster

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2017, 07:30:46 am »

Oscar, can you share a PSD of next files (with a no-text background preferably)?
sign_abyss_01_DIF.dds
sign_quintus_01_DIF.dds

UPD. Uploaded the file aod_russian_1.6.0.89_3.zip with some fixes and translated the Abyss sign.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:58:38 am by Sunfire » Logged

The LoRE Team

Community Edition mod

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: