Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-order The Age of Decadence  (Read 534398 times)
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: October 12, 2015, 04:58:33 pm »

Just purchased the basic Pre-Order.  Question is, when will the option to convert to a physical copy be available and where do I go to do so?
At the moment a physical copy isn't on the agenda. Basically, to get good quality we need to order at least a thousand copies and pay upfront. We can probably sell two, maybe three hundred boxes but I'm not sure we can sell a thousand.
Deuteros
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 14, 2015, 11:14:13 am »

At the moment a physical copy isn't on the agenda. Basically, to get good quality we need to order at least a thousand copies and pay upfront. We can probably sell two, maybe three hundred boxes but I'm not sure we can sell a thousand.

Not even for those of us who pre-ordered through BMT Micro way back when? At the time, a boxed version for an extra $25 was in the cards.

Also, I'd love to get a GOG key. I never asked for a Steam key, by the way. I know Steam gives developers keys without any hassle but some Kickstarted projects have supplied its backers with GOG keys so it's definitely a possibility.

Also, hearty congratulations!
Cazzeris
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 14, 2015, 11:32:59 am »

Just purchased the basic Pre-Order.  Question is, when will the option to convert to a physical copy be available and where do I go to do so?

Well, you can always resort to making a small crowdfunding campaign for them. There are even some sites that exist just for cases like yours.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 14, 2015, 11:45:43 am »

Not even for those of us who pre-ordered through BMT Micro way back when? At the time, a boxed version for an extra $25 was in the cards.
From the original post:

BOXED VERSION: We aren’t offering a box version at this stage. It will be offered when the game is ready and when we place an order and will have something to show. You will be able to order it separately (i.e. you can pre-order the digital version now for $25 and upgrade it to a box for another $25 at any time).

Basically, when we started taking pre-orders - technically, before we started taking pre-orders as that's when the original post was written - we hoped to sell more but didn't. We planned to offer a box but due to low direct sales it's no longer an option.
Deuteros
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 14, 2015, 03:30:31 pm »

I didn't quote the first post as I didn't want to come across as 'trying to hold you to your promise', so to speak. A physical release would be great! Other, lesser, RPGs released recently have had one and The Age of Decadence would be much more deserving of one than those. It would have to be truly special, tough. Two-piece cardboard box or don't bother. Entertain the idea of crowdfunding for one, or at least gauge the interest for one among pre-orderers.

What about GOG keys? Would you please contact them about it?
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 14, 2015, 04:16:14 pm »

Emailed them already but didn't hear back yet.
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 14, 2015, 04:31:31 pm »

I'm guessing some people want a boxed version (as an add-on, which is all that was ever suggested) for collectibility reasons. Maybe a partial solution could be to offer merch with some of that splendid AoD art somewhere like Cafepress, where I think Iron Tower wouldn't have to take on any significant financial risk.
Commissar Draco
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 15, 2015, 02:03:40 am »

I second the request for GOG key Komrade VD.  Salute Got it thanks Komrade.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:53:08 pm by Commissar Draco » Logged
Mosely
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 15, 2015, 06:56:33 am »

Just wanted to say I've been following the game for about 10 years (before I met my wife even), and just purchased it. It is pretty great so far, I've got no major complaints. Great job guys; I appreciate the hard work!
DarkCorp
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 16, 2015, 09:13:37 am »

So, if I bought the game 3 days ago from you drectly, were the 3 dl links for the final or an earlier version?
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 16, 2015, 09:18:05 am »

IF you guys don't pay anything for the privilige of giving out gog keys, I'd appreciate one as well. No need to hurry though, I'm still on the quest of catching all of the steam achievements Smile
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #806 on: October 16, 2015, 10:25:40 am »

So, if I bought the game 3 days ago from you drectly, were the 3 dl links for the final or an earlier version?

Thanks.
What links exactly are you talking about, though? Did you receive an email from BMT Micro?

"But is the best good enough?"
Oscar
DarkCorp
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 20, 2015, 03:18:33 am »

yes, the links are from them.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 20, 2015, 03:54:13 pm »

The release version.
DarkCorp
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 28, 2015, 04:46:52 am »

I'm on the NMA forum boards and I hear sales have passed 10k.  If this isn't BS, any chance of physical copy?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: