Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGRPG DiscussionA Dance with Rogues Let's Play (NSFW?)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Dance with Rogues Let's Play (NSFW?)  (Read 9835 times)
callehe
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:26:34 AM »

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=63942

Hey all, this is a great let's play. Check it out.

I think especially appealing to female gamers Smile

Vince should totally recruit the maker of this mod to the ITS team.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:02:52 AM by callehe » Logged
Hector
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:21:39 AM »

Might want to mark this as NSFW, just in case people's bosses don't care for pixelated tits...

For once we get a game with evil options that let you play malevolent character not just an obnoxious cunt. Happy times.

"Pardon me, good sir, might I take a moment to stab you in the lungs?"
callehe
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »

done
Starwars

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 11:54:52 AM »

I remember actually playing through this back when I first started getting into NWN1 mods. While the whole cybersex thing is a bit much, there were actually some things I genuinely liked about the mod as well. Most notably in the start, it felt pretty good as a city-adventure where you're just starting out as a rogue. Also, while the whole forced sex thing in this game often reads more like a fantasy (and is probably intended as such), I think there were some good things to take away from it in the sense of placing the player character in genuinely uncomfortable and dangerous situations.

The second chapter was pure rubbish if I recall though.

Still, I'd actually say hats off to the creator because she sure fulfilled some kind of niche. It wasn't exactly to my tastes in the end but I guess there's a market for roleplaying adventures with erotic themes, haha. Salute

Vince: "We strongly believe that the hardcore player doesn't want to be loved, but wants to be kicked in the balls and then kneed in the face."

Check out some of my home-recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/Starwars83/videos?flow=grid&view=0
callehe
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 12:10:54 PM »

The most interesting part about this mod is the npc interactions I think, and some genuine C&C, very impressive in to my impression. Even seasoned developers should take inspiration.

Hector
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 06:25:04 PM »

Given the question mark, might I assume you're not sure what NSFW means?  It means Not Safe For Work.  That is, if you're browsing on a work computer and your boss walks up behind you, you don't want him seeing tits on your computer screen.

For once we get a game with evil options that let you play malevolent character not just an obnoxious cunt. Happy times.

Esquilax
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 08:29:07 PM »

Haha, Hector, I'm sure callehe knows what NSFW means. He just wasn't sure whether pixelated boobies could really count as NSFW so he put a question mark after it.
callehe
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 05:07:24 AM »

thanks Esquilax,

though in this case, maybe it should stand for Not Safe For Women Wink
Hector
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 08:32:49 AM »

Ah, fair enough.

One Wolf
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »

Wow, that mod looks really interesting.  I didn't want to read too much of the LP lest I spoil the plot, but I'm tempted to track down my install discs and fire up NWN just to play it.  Cool stuff.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
callehe
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »

Yeah, it's a really great mod, 100 times better than actuall NWN OC in my impression.

Although RK47 is a really good LP:er; just finished his Arcanum Summoner LP, and it was really well written, even more enjoyable than playing the game for me!
Hector
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 07:37:42 PM »

It was actually written by a woman, as I recall.  It comes with a premade female human rogue with stats they reckon work well.  The character needs to be female for the plot to make sense, and the plot is based around stealth and thievery, so a Rogue is best, or else a wizard with the appropriate spells (though this makes the game very hard early on, when you don't have the spells).

Also, I have played many mods which were better than the NWN OC; NWN had a far better engine than campaign.  Pity NWN 2 was so much harder to write mods for and didn't have as good an engine in general, really.  Also, a pity that neither one worked well for archer type characters, but that's more to do with the rules they were based on.  Incidentally, I recommend the alternate combat animations package - pick a fighting style, and get custom animations which are far better looking than the default.  I usually went with the Kensai style, because it made two handed weapons look far less unwieldy, or fencing for dual wielding/rapier combat.

Starwars

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 05:07:30 AM »

I dunno, I wouldn't exactly call it a great mod. There are some great parts to it, but overall it's not a great experience I think. And again, if you have a hard time with the eroticism (which I do in this mod) then it will bring the mod down. It's a great effort by the author though but there's a fair amount of annoying stuff in it. And like I said, the second part is pretty bad.
Worth a try though I suppose but there are better NWN mods if you ask me.

Vince: "We strongly believe that the hardcore player doesn't want to be loved, but wants to be kicked in the balls and then kneed in the face."

Check out some of my home-recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/Starwars83/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Ellorien
Master

Mindflayer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 10:59:25 AM »

I've skimmed the LP thread on teh codex... The thread is good but mod itself looks like a load of adolescent crap except for a brief stealth sequence. I'd play it for the lulz though: it is hilariously badly written. The supposedly "dangerous" encounters in the dark alleys made me chuckle and roll my eyes quite a few times.

μολὼν λαβέ
One Wolf
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 03:20:50 PM »

Not to run off topic, but are there "really good" mods out there for NWN?  I know there are many that are better than the weak OC, but I'm curious if I've missed a bunch of solid content by skipping the usermade stuff.  Maybe I should make a separate thread...

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: