Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD August Update  (Read 80089 times)
Lexx
Craftsman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2011, 04:08:31 am »

Then how about giving the 3d box window a slightly different background color, so it doesn't look like the item slots?
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2011, 04:33:59 am »

You can rotate it by clicking on it, and it's animated. Just as it was in the combat demo.
Right, I had forgotten - use a differen default angle, then.

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Palmer Eldritch

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2011, 12:01:21 pm »

Good stuff, as always. Keep it up. Salute
VonVentrue

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2011, 04:08:26 pm »

That's a huge improvement over the concept you've shown earlier - two thumbs up.
Oscar, do you happen to have a screenshot depicting the GUI without any windows/screens opened? See the one below for reference:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7504/combatz.jpg .
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2011, 09:41:26 pm »

No, I would have shown it otherwise. We still haven't got to improve that one yet Smile

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Bradr
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2011, 03:44:57 pm »

Looks amazing guys.   Approve Approve Approve

Love the architectural feel of the interface, plus the added wear and vines.  Good color choice in the marble background too.  Nailed it.

Scott's right.  Alphabetize, alphabetize, alphabetize.

Can't wait to see what's next!

December 25, 2009, 07:49:24 PM
"http://www.irontowerstudio.com/files/AoD_demo.ex Go nuts." - Vince
Yes sir, I believe I will
Gazdatest
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2011, 02:23:26 pm »

Very nice indeed.
callehe
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2011, 08:19:44 pm »

AoD looks really good graphically now, just saw this:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/gallery/1675.jpg

and I mean, what the hell, I remembered NWN as a OK looking game, but god damn it doesn't compare favorably against AoD...  Confused

Scott
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2011, 07:17:50 am »

That's a huge improvement over the concept you've shown earlier - two thumbs up.
Oscar, do you happen to have a screenshot depicting the GUI without any windows/screens opened? See the one below for reference:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7504/combatz.jpg .

You haven't "improved" it yet?  It looks great!  The icons all look very stylized and appropriate to the theme.  A couple of the ones from the combat demo were somewhat anachronistic.

contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark | Stygian
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG | Realms Beyond | Fell Seal:Missions&Monsters | Urtuk: The Desolation
GTFO
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2011, 10:18:42 am »

Uau! The new UI looks spanktastic! <3

For example, you are a sword user and find a masterwork axe. You can melt it, and create a masterwork sword (with perhaps another technique added). To summarize, they are not objectively better than the ones you can buy/find, but you can craft weapons that are better suited to you.
wow wow wooow. So you're telling me that the quality of the item is in the material and not in the crafting process itself? I guess it should be in both, but with more focus in the crafting.
To clarify:

The best items in the game are crafted items. However, to craft the best items in the game you'd need to:

- invest a lot of points into Crafting
- acquire all crafting techniques
- acquire enough rare metal (which means that you still need to look for rare items) 
Ok, that explains it.

AoD looks really good graphically now, just saw this:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/gallery/1675.jpg

and I mean, what the hell, I remembered NWN as a OK looking game, but god damn it doesn't compare favorably against AoD...  Confused
True. Graphics wise it looks very very good. Only the most superficial graphic whores will let that be a deterrent to playing the game.

ohyou.jpg  lol
j/k It's a very good idea.
But IMO the youtube channel is an even better one, although quite untapped. And I say this because of this other indie game company:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfireGames
Total Upload Views: 6,076,421
At about 1 dollar for 1000 views, that makes 6,000 dollars. That's 240 sold copies (assuming at $25) of AoD.
Not bad, considering that the main focus is to attract and interest potential buyers.
Subscribers: 18,403

Those guys mostly talk about game engine development, which puts AoD in another league so to speak, but I'm pretty sure you can leak some tidbits every now and then. A weekly video of 2-5 minutes could really pay off. It could be a new animation you added in combat an you show up a fight, showcasing the tactical aspects, talking about some of the stats, graphics improvements, music, game world locations.... there's lots of things to talk about.
Tuomas
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2011, 04:56:54 pm »

The new inventory screen is nice and all, but howabout showing us the new dialogue window you were raving about a month or two ago?  Tongue
Hiver
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2011, 09:17:35 am »

Beautiful. The vines, the material, stone cracked and darkened with age. The marble background and how dark, dark, dark it is... it almost brought a tear to my eye.

You owe me at least 10 %.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:50:09 am by Hiver » Logged

My first axiom:
Never, ever think about or make any conclusions about life, universe and everything else while youre depressed, suffering a trauma, a tragedy and or being drunk.

What the hell do you expect you will come up with in such a state?
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2011, 11:34:11 pm »

The new inventory screen is nice and all, but howabout showing us the new dialogue window you were raving about a month or two ago?  Tongue

It's not mind-blowing from the art standpoint, but makes quite a big difference when playing compared to the previous one. Before when you entered the dialogue screen, a huge, bulky panel covered the whole screen and the gameworld was left in a small box. Now it is integrated much more with the world, and plus it gives us more space for the text and scales better with different resolutions and ratios.

Here are some shot of the already implemented dialogue screen in the game (plus the new character models).

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
One Wolf
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2011, 12:55:07 am »

Gorgeous.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2011, 01:15:05 am »

Clean, simple, and effective - very nice.

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: