Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Dead State Team  (Read 144552 times)
Christina

DS Producer

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: February 24, 2015, 08:00:09 pm »

Hello. I have purchases a Dead State key for use on GOG, but would much rather have a Steam key for trading cards, achievements, & convenience. I understand if you are unable to do a key swap, but it would be much appreciated. Sorry if this isn't posted in the right place, just seemed like the best place to post this. Thanks

Hi Frostycap,

I'm afraid we at DoubleBear don't provide key swaps.  I would recommend using these forums or the Steam boards to ask if someone has a gift copy on Steam they could trade for your key, assuming you haven't activated it yet.  

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and it might be possible to return your key to GOG if it hasn't been activated - something to possibly look into?
Mexi
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 24, 2015, 08:06:30 pm »

Any idea what this next patch will be? I'm hoping some new content and balancing will be added to this next patch, or at the very least, mod tools so that stuff can be done by modders.

I'd really like to see more Shelter situations and dialogue options from characters in the Shelter.
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 24, 2015, 10:04:11 pm »

No eta on patch #6.  Besides bug fixes it will have some new content and rebalancing.

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Snag
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 13, 2015, 01:24:43 pm »

Hi dev team,

Dead State is one of the best survival games I have ever played. I like the complexity of the game and the focus on the "human" aspect. So thank you for creating something special like this.

What i lack is the communication from the dev and community in real life. The steam profile is dead,  forum is dead, facebook site is dead, it doesn have to be so..  You dont have to write novels, but just few words informing us about the progress and news every  one or two weeks would be perfect. Informing us about five new locations, than scratcing it (as it would be in the upcoming update) and writing nothing for more than a month is not ok.  In this business, communication with player and keeping them excited  about "what is coming next" is the key to success. Also maybe some modding possibility could greatly boost the numbers of people playing, buying and modding your game.

I just wanted to let you know of this and hope it will improve and guarantee you more people playing Dead State and upcoming games from your studio, because current communication with community is simply bad.

Thank you
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 14, 2015, 09:42:24 am »

Hi dev team,

Dead State is one of the best survival games I have ever played. I like the complexity of the game and the focus on the "human" aspect. So thank you for creating something special like this.

What i lack is the communication from the dev and community in real life. The steam profile is dead,  forum is dead, facebook site is dead, it doesn have to be so..  You dont have to write novels, but just few words informing us about the progress and news every  one or two weeks would be perfect. Informing us about five new locations, than scratcing it (as it would be in the upcoming update) and writing nothing for more than a month is not ok.  In this business, communication with player and keeping them excited  about "what is coming next" is the key to success. Also maybe some modding possibility could greatly boost the numbers of people playing, buying and modding your game.

I just wanted to let you know of this and hope it will improve and guarantee you more people playing Dead State and upcoming games from your studio, because current communication with community is simply bad.

Thank you

I think overall, more people would prefer that the team spends their time working on the game rather than talking about what they're working on.  It's a small team with a small budget, so more often than not they're all busy working on the game.  The forums are not dead, just slow, and the devs leave messages here or on Steam with some regularity, and updates come roughly monthly.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Naliestro
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 15, 2015, 03:58:54 am »

Hello!
We are the team of translators who work on the translation of your game into Russian. Few weeks ago we’ve sent a letter with some technical questions to your e-mail.
Unfortunately, we haven’t received an answer, and we thought that the letter could probably go into spam. That’s why we decided to send it again and ask you for help with those technical issues.
We’d be really appreciated if you found some time to read the letter and send us a reply.
Sincerely, RETTeam
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:06:33 am by Naliestro » Logged
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 15, 2015, 08:57:10 am »

Hello!
We are the team of translators who work on the translation of your game into Russian. Few weeks ago we’ve sent a letter with some technical questions to your e-mail.
Unfortunately, we haven’t received an answer, and we thought that the letter could probably go into spam. That’s why we decided to send it again and ask you for help with those technical issues.
We’d be really appreciated if you found some time to read the letter and send us a reply.
Sincerely, RETTeam

Hello Smile

The team was likely busy with the latest update, so I'll pass your message along in case they missed it.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Naliestro
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 15, 2015, 10:27:24 am »

Hello Smile

The team was likely busy with the latest update, so I'll pass your message along in case they missed it.

Thanks Smile We're looking forward the answer.
OhRiley99
Journeyman

Mess with the best! Die like the rest!

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 07, 2015, 03:02:30 pm »

Its been a longtime since i wrote af post, anyway will there be any new content to the game or thougts about a DLC? Has the cure been implemented? Will you add more survivors so there will be a bigger varierty of allies? Love the new "sick allies in bed" btw, thats awesome!  Cool

Could the team stop the big mall map from spam spawning hoardes of zeds every time i try to knock on a door to open it? And i am inside a concealed building afterall,

Sorry if some of this was already answerred or implemented, ive just been off the hook for a long time
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 07, 2015, 03:59:07 pm »

Its been a longtime since i wrote af post, anyway will there be any new content to the game or thougts about a DLC? Has the cure been implemented? Will you add more survivors so there will be a bigger varierty of allies? Love the new "sick allies in bed" btw, thats awesome!  Cool

Could the team stop the big mall map from spam spawning hoardes of zeds every time i try to knock on a door to open it? And i am inside a concealed building afterall,

Sorry if some of this was already answerred or implemented, ive just been off the hook for a long time

At this point, Dead State can be considered feature complete; Dead State: Reanimated was the last major content update for DS.  We might still see some bug fixes but any new/additional content is unlikely.

OhRiley99
Journeyman

Mess with the best! Die like the rest!

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 07, 2015, 04:53:33 pm »

Ok thank you caidoz, even tho the game is done and was great, im a bit dissapointed, had allot of ideas for content witch i already posted in the suggestion thread, im too late but i guess thats my own fault. Thanks tho and thanks to the devs for make an awesome game!  Smile
Entrena
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 03, 2015, 11:09:36 am »

I´m really happy you are supporting the game post-launch, that´s the right way to go.
Tough I still haven´t played  much DS (tried before the reanimated version and had too much bugs, I plan to reinstall soon) I was wondering if you have some other project on your sights.
Maybe something gritty, haunting, conspiranoic, like..... yes vampire bloodlines  Tongue man, I´m so obssesed
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 04, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »

I´m really happy you are supporting the game post-launch, that´s the right way to go.
Tough I still haven´t played  much DS (tried before the reanimated version and had too much bugs, I plan to reinstall soon) I was wondering if you have some other project on your sights.
Maybe something gritty, haunting, conspiranoic, like..... yes vampire bloodlines  Tongue man, I´m so obssesed

Yes, the team is already working on a new project, although we don't know much about it yet beyond the fact that it won't have zombies.  Stay tuned!

Entrena
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 06, 2015, 06:25:23 am »

Excellent  Cool I´m excited for what´s next
Moorsoldat
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 20, 2015, 06:30:19 pm »

I'd like to translate the game into german, since there doesn't seem to be anyone working on it and some guys in the Steam forums are upset about that. I already translated some games and programs over the years, but just for myself.

I would do it in my spare time, of which I have little during the next three month, but lots after. Quality wouldn't be perfect, but relatively high. I prefer to work alone (helps to keep the writing style consistent), but I don't care if others want to proof read and correct mistakes.

Oh, and I already played the whole game several times, so there won't be any problems with references and stuff during translation. I also edited and created a lot of pages on your wiki as "LookingForFreibier". Just to give you something more as proof as just my words here.

It would be nice if you could write me a PM or send an eMail to the address I registered with, and provide me with the information/tools I need to be able to translate.

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:33:03 pm by Moorsoldat » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48   Go Up
Print
Jump to: