Poll
Question: Which nwn did you like more?
nwn 1 - 11 (26.8%)
nwn 2 - 30 (73.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: nwn 1 or nwn 2  (Read 42210 times)
beans
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 12:39:15 pm »

Does NWN 2 get better? I must say these are some of the most irritating companions i've ever seen in any video game. I'm in neverwinter and i've done a bunch of quests for the guards, qara and neeshka or whatever both suck ass.

Does the game get better later on? I must say it's been complete shit so far.
Starwars

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 12:52:08 pm »

It does get better but it never really "soars" to any great heights. It starts off as  "crap" and sorta reaches a point of "average" with an occasional peak up to "good". But mostly it's just kinda meh.

It's still better than NWN1 but that's really not saying much. Both campaigns are pretty bleh.

Vince: "We strongly believe that the hardcore player doesn't want to be loved, but wants to be kicked in the balls and then kneed in the face."

Check out some of my home-recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/Starwars83/videos?flow=grid&view=0
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 06:51:29 pm »

Does NWN 2 get better? I must say these are some of the most irritating companions i've ever seen in any video game. I'm in neverwinter and i've done a bunch of quests for the guards, qara and neeshka or whatever both suck ass.

Does the game get better later on? I must say it's been complete shit so far.

As Starwars noted, it fluctuates. For what it's worth, tho, the Neverwinter "earn loyalty" quests are the worst garbage in the whole game, at least in my view. Other moments might be just as bad but are much shorter.
hoochimama
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 03:30:57 pm »

Still can't believe the high-scoring reviews the nwn1 OC got when it came out.
beans
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 09:46:12 pm »

Honestly it can't be worse then nwn2, i never actually owned a copy of nwn1, i had a rip and played the prelude i think one main quest in the first chapter (was on a dock and something with bloodsailors) but after that it crashed alot, don't remember much from the game since i only played it for 2-3 hours, but i remember it being better then NWN2 is so far.

I preordered NWN2 back when it came out and i've had it since, thing is i've never been able to get it to work on my PC due to lag and other crashes and graphic glitches, ect. So i tried it the other day and with my recent upgrades( well not so recent but upgrades none the less) it worked.  A friend of mine had MOTB and NWN2 so i went to his house one day and he let me play it, first dungeon frustrated me and i never bought it.

And so far i must say, the NWN2 OC is honestly complete shit, I'm pretty sure the party banter in this game is aimed at 8 year olds, seriously. not to mention its one boring dungeon after another, i'm at the old owl well and i just recruited some bard with downsyndrom who's suprisingly less annoying then most of my other shit companions and i'm about to give up...
hoochimama
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 05:36:13 pm »

No, it is quite worse than nwn2, try going through chapter 2.
Tiavals
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 06:37:59 pm »

I shouldn't say I'm surprised, but I am. I would've thought NWN2 OC would garner more respect here, but it doesn't. I'm especially surprised at the negative opinions the companions are getting, since they main reason I played NWN2 to the end were the excellent companions. Sand, Ammon Jerro, Grobnar, Khelgar, even Bishop were all great. Sure, it had a bunch of totally annoying characters(Qara, Neeshka, Elanee, Shandra. Coincidentally all women), and the mechanics, graphics and such were terrible, but I enjoyed it overall.

NWN1 OC on the other hand is an utterly irredeemable load of garbage. It is quite amazing that they managed to make a game so poor and unlikeable.
Frosty
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 07:01:56 pm »

I enjoyed NwN2 OC but it does have it limits, Qara was the only companion that I find annoying.
I Liked Khelgar, Sand, and Grobnar

Hamsters and rangers every were rejoice!
beans
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 09:10:50 pm »

Khelgar isn't bad when he's not going on his retarded ADD attention seeking shit with neeshka, which happens quite often, which is why i stopped taking her  Tongue.

Only problem is fighting wise she's half decent and that druid girl (Elanee i think) is sort of garbage since all she does is turn into a badger and get killed.
Frosty
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 10:33:04 pm »

easly fixed open the companion AI, Turn off of companous use abllitys. and she will not shape sift any more.

Hamsters and rangers every were rejoice!
Volourn
Craftsman

This is personal text so don't read it.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 03:19:41 pm »

Equal. Both are rated 75%ish. Not awesome, but not horrible.

RPG = Game you play a role in.
EleventhHour
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 08:11:37 am »

Still can't believe the high-scoring reviews the nwn1 OC got when it came out.
I can.

Do you know how many mods came out for NWN within the first three months of its release? It meant that mods made in the first month after release were already ancient history by the second month. I clearly recall the toolset being the main point of discussion in reviews.

But look, even if it was so that all the reviews were "bought" (which is not unlikely), what is so hard to believe about that? I have never heard people complaining that an anime reviewer lacked integrity, a manga reviewer lacked integrity, a cosplaying costume reviewer lacked integrity, and so on. Just what is so great and serious about videogames that videogame journalists should be fighters for truth, rather than purely promotional devices for a niche hobby (which is what they were meant to be).?

Your Aspie score: 61 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical
http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php
suibhne
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 10:30:47 am »

Just what is so great and serious about videogames that videogame journalists should be fighters for truth, rather than purely promotional devices for a niche hobby (which is what they were meant to be).?

Your whole point is flawed, because it's predicated on videogames being "a niche hobby". In the US, more people play games than watch movies, and the gaming market is now far more profitable than the film market.

Would you make the same argument for films - that it's perfectly fine and normal for reviewers to only be a promotional device?
Anonxeuix

Malteser.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 10:58:41 am »

NWN 1 was my first point and click game. I remember clicking multiple times on an opponent thinking that the more I click the faster I will hit. lol I still like it a lot (+ the expansions).

"I don't take drugs: I am drugs." - Salvador Dali
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 11:34:33 am »

Heh, the same happened to me with Baldur's Gate, after playing Diablo Tongue

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: