Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's play AoD!  (Read 562713 times)
Claw

Adun Toridas!

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: March 31, 2008, 08:30:20 pm »

What do you mean by "break the flow"? That it wouldn't present the same level of witty banter leading to the ultimate price like it does now?
That was kind of the idea. Full success would be the conversation you showed us, failure at some point means your character stumbles. I wouldn't half mind if the player immediately gets the impression that the conversation didn't go as well as it could have.

I don't think it'd be inherently wrong if part of the reward for success in dialogue situations were getting better quality dialogue.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:32:19 pm by Claw » Logged
namad
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 02, 2008, 07:05:31 pm »

is the UI going to support easy dialog manipulation?

one thing that was so great about planescape torment was the keys 1through9and0 were hotkeys for the dialog

this allowed you to repeat conversations you'd already read at breakneck pace....

basically clicking next next next next is going to be VERY VERY annoying the 2nd time UNLESS you have a good system for speeding through it with a few keystrokes
Scott
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 03, 2008, 09:04:26 am »

I think everyone is missing that this is a one off conversation (isn't it?) where humour is introduced in the bartering process.  I like the writing so I don't mind clicking through here.  It's like a joke that's fun once or twice.  If you had to click through this kind of thing daily, I agree it would get irritating.

contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Stygian:Reign of the Old Ones | Encased | ATOM RPG | Sin Slayers
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 06, 2008, 07:31:38 pm »

Since I don't have enough time, we'll put Titus' adventures on hold for now. Here is the final set of screens, showing an interesting mechanic. If you recall, Dellar offered you two quests. These screens show how you can use one quest to solve another quest.

Btw, there are several ways to gain Dellar's respect in this quest. Either by being smart enough to come up with that scheme or by killing all the raiders. Dellar's a fighting man, so he'll definitely like that.

Last, but not the least, it's possible to take the money (that's a lot of money) and run. I've mentioned not-so-random random encounters triggered by certain actions. Well, that would be one of them. The roads *are* watched, so you'll have to fight your way out if you want to keep the money.

[attachment deleted to save space]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:35:30 pm by Vince » Logged
ninjelephant
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 06, 2008, 08:03:06 pm »

If we decide to take the money and run away are we always going to have a not-so-random encounter?
Is there any skill check to see if we can slip undetected?

I used to do drugs..
I still do, but I used to too.
star
Journeyman

Die!

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 07, 2008, 12:16:36 am »

Since I don't have enough time, we'll put Titus' adventures on hold for now.

What is it? Job, Family, AoD? All three?
Paranoid Jack
Apprentice

I see right through you...

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 07, 2008, 01:36:30 am »

We appreciate your time and your patience, Vince. Whatever it is, we can wait.

Love what I am seeing here. Is there any chance of buying a "special edition" of AoD? Maybe with the old 2D version included? I assume it was mostly done. I would love to play around with it after playing the "shiny" version first of course.    Wink

Priapist

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 07, 2008, 03:23:32 am »

That's super cool. I like the way you turn the fairly cheesy ransom demand on its ear, but I'm almost to the point where I don't want to watch this thread anymore and ruin the surprise.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 07, 2008, 08:04:02 am »

That's super cool. I like the way you turn the fairly cheesy ransom demand on its ear, but I'm almost to the point where I don't want to watch this thread anymore and ruin the surprise.
That's one of the reasons I've decided to stop. We've shown you a lot already: quests, mechanics, options, strong sides, weak sides, etc. To keep posting screens would be counter productive.

Thanks for the great feedback. Special thanks to Cardtrick for his endless bitching about the quotation marks. 

We appreciate your time and your patience, Vince. Whatever it is, we can wait.

Love what I am seeing here. Is there any chance of buying a "special edition" of AoD? Maybe with the old 2D version included? I assume it was mostly done. I would love to play around with it after playing the "shiny" version first of course.    Wink
Don't think so. We may offer it as a free download later on.

Since I don't have enough time, we'll put Titus' adventures on hold for now.
What is it? Job, Family, AoD? All three?
All three.

If we decide to take the money and run away are we always going to have a not-so-random encounter?
Yes.

Is there any skill check to see if we can slip undetected?
Sneak skill in a text adventure mode.
Ander Vinz
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 07, 2008, 08:32:05 am »

Is there any chance of buying a "special edition" of AoD? Maybe with the old 2D version included? I assume it was mostly done. I would love to play around with it after playing the "shiny" version first of course.    Wink
Don't think so. We may offer it as a free download later on.
What about ultra-deluxe edition for die-hard fans 300 bucks each?
Like this: http://ghosts.nin.com/images/popup_product_ultradeluxe.jpg

Pastel: "PS:T had rat diplomacy - although the buggers would betray you, I think. Rotten, filthy creatures."
Morbus
Expert

Wastelander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #985 on: April 07, 2008, 12:58:46 pm »

Ahah, that would be nice, but the normal edition is pretty good already. I wouldn't pay 300 bucks for this game, sorry, I'm just not that rich. I'd sooner join the team or something...

But that think you posted looks sweet, very sweet.

Scott
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 07, 2008, 02:27:46 pm »

What about ultra-deluxe edition for die-hard fans 300 bucks each?

No no no... wait.  The problem here is you're not thinking big enough.

How about $50,000 to be adopted into Vince's family, to live in his house and everything, and to get hired by his RL company just until Iron Tower takes off, at which point you'd be made VICE PRESIDENT FOR LIFE!

contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Stygian:Reign of the Old Ones | Encased | ATOM RPG | Sin Slayers
Jedi_Learner
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 08, 2008, 09:00:31 am »

I've seen enough to know that I'll definitely be buying Age of Decadence. I just hope we don't get another Prelude to Crashness, but I have faith in you! Roll on 2015! lol

I'd like to take a moment here and address the issue of expectations. There is nothing revolutionary or evolutionary about AoD. I hope it will be a good game, nothing else.
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 08, 2008, 01:42:07 pm »

Well, it was fun! Thanks for this peek of AoD and listening to our incessant nitpicking. Hope you find enough time to finish the game!

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Starwars

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 08, 2008, 02:31:23 pm »

Yep, an excellent teaser and a nice look into some of what we may expect from the game. I'm glad you're stopping because I don't want to get to spoiled, and I know I couldn't stop myself from looking. Heh.

Hope to see it released before the year ends!

Vince: "We strongly believe that the hardcore player doesn't want to be loved, but wants to be kicked in the balls and then kneed in the face."

Check out some of my home-recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/Starwars83/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: