Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's play AoD!  (Read 567116 times)
jeansberg
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 19, 2008, 09:51:09 am »

What do you expect? It's the codex. Smile
Jedi_Learner
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 19, 2008, 09:53:23 am »

Quote from: Mehler
It's not the exact quote, but the words are there.

And you think that because three people don't like the writing, that constitutes the overall opinion of RPG Codex? Interesting.

I'd like to take a moment here and address the issue of expectations. There is nothing revolutionary or evolutionary about AoD. I hope it will be a good game, nothing else.
Mephisto
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 19, 2008, 10:00:33 am »

Funny thing when someone complains about the writing and doesn't use capital letters or even commas.
Pastel
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 19, 2008, 10:41:25 am »

Fuck those codex guys. They hate every game that's not 2d isometric and made before 1993.  Just a bunch of fucking trolls gathered on a website.
star
Journeyman

Die!

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 19, 2008, 11:20:32 am »

Yeah, the 2 guys complaining about the writing didn't even use proper capitalization, grammar or line of argument, so let's just ignore them. There are just too many idiots in this world to care about each of their meaningless opinions. Your writing is great VD, love it.
cardtrick
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 19, 2008, 11:25:55 am »

Fuck those codex guys. They hate every game that's not 2d isometric and made before 1993.  Just a bunch of fucking trolls gathered on a website.

Heh. I was momentarily tempted to respond to this seriously before remembering that you're Lumpy.
Mehler
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 19, 2008, 12:16:41 pm »

For the lulz:

"Andhaira: I guess may VD and his team should have wasted less time on forums and more time typing and/or getting someone who knows how to write well to do the writing."
sqeecoo
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 19, 2008, 12:21:07 pm »

There are six different ways to get in. While it seems that doing Dellar's work for him is the only way in (other than successfully pretending to be a noble (requires both the skill and better clothes)), we never force you to do B to get to C.

Some ways will change Dellar's attitude completely, btw.

Wow. Just wow. (as in THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:28:33 pm by sqeecoo » Logged
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 19, 2008, 12:21:36 pm »

?
Brother None
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 19, 2008, 02:11:22 pm »

I think he's saying he's impressed by the freedom of options, Vince.
MaximB
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 19, 2008, 02:40:37 pm »

Anyways... we are going to meet the raiders...
One Wolf
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 19, 2008, 05:44:53 pm »

A couple of quick dialog tweaks (feel free to ignore the following):

In AoD 37:  "...he guarded yesterday." to "...he guarded the day before".

In AoD 38:  Should be "Master", with a capital M.

In AoD 39: Should be "Loremaster" (capital L), I believe.  I suppose it depends on the prestige of the postion. 

"Noble-born" might work better as "nobleman", but I can't recall whether or not you can play as a female character.

Antidas is a Lord, no?  If so, he is more likely to have someone else rip your tongue out rather than do it himself "Antidas will have your tongue ripped out for that."  Also, it would read better as "Antidas will have your tongue ripped out for this." 

In AoD 40:  "Loremaster" again.

In AoD 41:  "He did, didn't he?" should be "He did, did he?".  "master" to "Master" again, definitely in this situation.

"That's Master Feng's job to assure people...." might work better as "Master Feng's job is to assure people...", considering the context. 

In AoD 44:  "talents" might work better as just "talent" in that context.  Also, one line could stand to be split into two  i.e. "Don't worry, I'm a good judge of talent.  And since I don't see any, your tasks will be relatively simple." 

In AoD 46:  "...had managed..." should be "...have managed...", as the situation is still current/unresolved.

In AoD 47:  "Tell me more about the raiders" is missing a period.

In AoD 48:  "Not much to tell you." works slightly better as "Not much to tell."

"...don't have enough money and people..."  seems like it should be "...don't have enough money or people...", but I don't know why I feel that way. 

"...something we don't know about it..."  should be "...something we don't know about...".

There is always more work that could be done, but I'm trying not to descend into abject nit-pickery.

That being said, the dialog looks truly fantastic.  I can't wait to play.

-W

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
One Wolf
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 19, 2008, 05:49:14 pm »

I vote for the Ruins, primarily because at a glance it seems to be a less dangerous endeavor, and I worry about our fledgling assassin getting himself into serious physical danger.  Then again, our Streetwise might be better employed vs. the Raiders...

Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 19, 2008, 06:05:49 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions, One Wolf. As for the raiders,  Streetwise will be useless there. It's a counter-persuasion skill. There are many very, very different ways (as usual) to handle this quest though, so you won't be disappointed. Anyway, give me a few days and I'll post some screens.

One Wolf
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 19, 2008, 06:19:34 pm »

As for the raiders,  Streetwise will be useless there. It's a counter-persuasion skill.

Ah yes, I'd mistaken its function again.

There are many very, very different ways (as usual) to handle this quest though, so you won't be disappointed.

I have no doubt Grin

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: