Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's play AoD!  (Read 567078 times)
Claw

Adun Toridas!

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: March 17, 2008, 09:29:28 pm »

I want to know more about those ruins.
Priapist

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 17, 2008, 11:33:37 pm »

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!"

Heh, anyway, just before I head off to work, I have to say that I love Dellar. I've read that "never seen a peasant before" bit before, and it still caught me by surprise. Grin It's a fantastic way of subtly lampooning the genre without breaking the fourth wall. More after work...
Lainestin

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 18, 2008, 01:14:34 am »

Let's ask more about the ruins.

GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 18, 2008, 03:52:30 am »

Let's ask more about the ruins.

Bah, let's just go there straight away! I want no more abuse from this hired goon.

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Tuomas
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 18, 2008, 04:09:45 am »

The conversation with Dellar is very skillfully written. And I agree with Priaprist; the dialogue works well even if you've read it before. I had forgotten what a bastard the D man is  Shocked

I say we go see the raiders. Vince has often used the raider quest as an example of quest design, so most of us are familiar with it. Therefore it wouldn't spoil as much as the ruins quest.
Morbus
Expert

Wastelander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #830 on: March 18, 2008, 04:27:10 am »

Armed with Streetwise and Etiquette, our hero decided to pay a social visit to Lord Antidas. After all, important people should spend time together, should they not? Titus combed his hair, put on a fresh shirt, and looking like a perfect gentleman, ringed a door bell.
How the hell do we know so many things about him already? Or, put another way, how can we have that show on the dialog screen with just a few words?

star
Journeyman

Die!

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 18, 2008, 06:47:29 am »

I agree, it's very good written, as always. You have a great style and i wonder why you ever thought of letting someone else rewrite everything (you never did that, right?). Anyway, let's head to the ruins. Sounds like there may be some ancient loot for us. Smile
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 18, 2008, 07:40:06 am »

Armed with Streetwise and Etiquette, our hero decided to pay a social visit to Lord Antidas. After all, important people should spend time together, should they not? Titus combed his hair, put on a fresh shirt, and looking like a perfect gentleman, ringed a door bell.
How the hell do we know so many things about him already? Or, put another way, how can we have that show on the dialog screen with just a few words?
You live there. Well, your character does. Key people (guildmasters, lords, generals, etc) are well known.
Jedi_Learner
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 18, 2008, 09:33:09 am »

I'd rather tell Dellar to go fuck himself and find another entrance into the building to talk with Lord Antidas. Perhaps the roof?

I'd like to take a moment here and address the issue of expectations. There is nothing revolutionary or evolutionary about AoD. I hope it will be a good game, nothing else.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 18, 2008, 09:40:55 am »

There are six different ways to get in. While it seems that doing Dellar's work for him is the only way in (other than successfully pretending to be a noble (requires both the skill and better clothes)), we never force you to do B to get to C.

Some ways will change Dellar's attitude completely, btw.
Jedi_Learner
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 18, 2008, 09:53:38 am »

Oh, and on AOD 47 the response "Tell me more about the raiders" is missing a full stop. Tongue

I'd like to take a moment here and address the issue of expectations. There is nothing revolutionary or evolutionary about AoD. I hope it will be a good game, nothing else.
cardtrick
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 18, 2008, 10:19:56 am »

I say we go see the raiders. Vince has often used the raider quest as an example of quest design, so most of us are familiar with it. Therefore it wouldn't spoil as much as the ruins quest.

Agreed.
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 18, 2008, 10:57:21 am »

Agreed.
Good point. I retract my former vote. Let's raid the raiders.

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Dr.Strangelove
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 18, 2008, 11:09:13 am »

Is it possible to do both quests, or choosing one precludes the other?
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 18, 2008, 11:15:06 am »

It's possible.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: