Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's play AoD!  (Read 397014 times)
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 11:33:51 PM »

For assassin I would go:

Str 5
Dex 8
Con 5
Per 10
Int 6
Cha 6

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Mehler
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 11:38:26 PM »

Can assassin join a noble house and become a "knight"?
Special_Can
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 11:42:56 PM »

What about this? A jedi-knight, with mind-trick powers.

Str 6
Dex 6
Con 5
Per 6
Int 7
Cha 10

This might be good, but we don't want to die right away. I'll go ahead and agree with this...

I roleplay. If there un-conscious, i just walk away and pretend there dead.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 11:47:07 PM »

@ Mehler: Yes, but you'll have to give up your assassins career.

Anyway, I'm off to bed as it's almost midnight here. Hopefully we'll be able to pick a trade and some stats in the morning and get this show started. I don't mind to go with whatever you guys pick but remember that we can play it only once (to prevent excessive spoiling), so pick something interesting with a lot options and potential.
Special_Can
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »

Vince: I think this question is too open ended to come to a concise. If nothing comes of it by the next time you log on, just choose yourself. Plus, you have the best idea of what might be the most interesting way to go.

I roleplay. If there un-conscious, i just walk away and pretend there dead.
Sleet
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2007, 12:29:19 AM »

On that subtle hint I vote..
Assassin!
Pastel
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2007, 03:36:17 AM »

I have no idea why everyone wants a dumb fighter... in AoD.
Hümmelgümpf der Bruzzelzwerg
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2007, 03:42:33 AM »

Knight:

STR 9
DEX 5
CON 6
PER 5
INT 7
CHA 8

And role-play a sarcastic bastard if it's possible.

This is the story of one man's emotional journey through things good and ill, the things that make life worth living, the tears and dessert of existence – that is, it was until receiving feedback from focus groups, money men, their yes men and the mystics of marketing, and so now it's about a magic baseball player dating a stripper with a heart of gold who gradually unlocks his ultimate power with the help of an "urban" robot during their quest to defeat an evil samurai sword wielding
Clad
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2007, 04:14:57 AM »

I have no idea why everyone wants a dumb fighter... in AoD.

Mostly because we don't want to get spoiled of the cleverer ways.
Palmer Eldritch

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2007, 10:54:15 AM »

just go with an all-round knight with a slight combat bias, but not stupid.
Mephisto
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2007, 11:04:04 AM »

Hello! Grin Nice game you have!

I want to vote for asassin, its more interesting than knight. I red some of the quests and they where very interesting, with nice rol playing options.

PS: Sorry for my grammar, I am from Spain. Smile
galsiah
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2007, 11:43:53 AM »

My vote:
Assassin
STR 4
DEX 7
CON 4
PER 10
INT 8
CHA 7

Presuming that untimely death is avoidable with those stats, I'd guess they should give good options. Hopefully the Int should give some decent skills, and the Cha shouldn't be too restrictive.
jeansberg
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2007, 11:50:34 AM »

Assassin

STR 4
DEX 10
CON 4
PER 7
INT 8
CHA 7
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2007, 06:01:51 PM »

Ok, sorry for the delay. You know, holidays and all. Btw, I deleted a bunch of unrelated posts to clean up the thread.

My vote:
Assassin
STR 4
DEX 7
CON 4
PER 10
INT 8
CHA 7

Presuming that untimely death is avoidable with those stats, I'd guess they should give good options. Hopefully the Int should give some decent skills, and the Cha shouldn't be too restrictive.
Considering occupational hazards, Con 4 isn't the best choice. Per 10 would be wasted as Per kicks in a lot during explorations and we won't have those in this playthrough (as we are limiting it to Teron and two satellites). Str 4 will give you -2 damage, so let's go with 6.

So, how about:

Strength   6 (no bonuses, no penalties)
Dexterity   8 (to increase dodge and light weapons skills)
Constitution   6 (wouldn't go lower) 
Perception   8 (mostly for the to hit bonus and a few other things)
Intelligence   7 (not too bright, not too dumb)
Charisma   5 (no points left for Cha, well, maybe next time)

Edit: You know what? To save some time (otherwise we'd never get to the first screen), I'll just go with this character. I was going to ask you to pick a name, but that would add another 2 pages of debates so let's name our assassin Titus to honor the unspeakable awesomeness of Titus Pullo. Of course, now I'm thinking that we should have gone with a badass merc and joined the Imperial Guards, but nobody voted for mercs, so assassin it is.

Edit #2: You have 14 points (Int x 2) to distribute before we start our adventure. Also, as you can see, you get some reputations modifiers. All noble houses look at you fondly because they use your services often, but not as often as the merchants. The guards think that you are a scum and if you were a real man you would have been a soldier.

[attachment deleted to save space]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 06:17:13 PM by Vince » Logged
Starwars

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2007, 06:10:32 PM »

Sounds good to me, let's start this biotch up. Is there a character creation screen, or does it look basically the same as the character sheet?

On a small sidenote VD, how is the games status at the moment? I know you guys are polishing up a lot of things, but is the thing playable from beginning to end, with all the content in place?

EDIT: Nevermind, you pwnd me with that edit.

Vince: "We strongly believe that the hardcore player doesn't want to be loved, but wants to be kicked in the balls and then kneed in the face."

Check out some of my home-recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/Starwars83/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: