Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's play AoD!  (Read 381552 times)
Special_Can
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2007, 10:57:14 PM »

Thanks for the info, and that looks good. Let's get this started! Grin

I roleplay. If there un-conscious, i just walk away and pretend there dead.
puppyonastik
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2007, 01:55:25 AM »

Good enough for me. Start 'er up.

Quote from: Mayday
Can a single dick even enter a group setting?
Quote from: Fez
You've never lived until you've tried it.
Priapist

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2007, 02:44:46 AM »

I like the name. You kill two birds with one stone, and satisfy the furry demographic as well as anyone who watched Rome.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 06:28:20 AM by Priapist » Logged
Hümmelgümpf der Bruzzelzwerg
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2007, 04:19:35 AM »

Could you use throwing weapons instead of crossbows?

This is the story of one man's emotional journey through things good and ill, the things that make life worth living, the tears and dessert of existence – that is, it was until receiving feedback from focus groups, money men, their yes men and the mystics of marketing, and so now it's about a magic baseball player dating a stripper with a heart of gold who gradually unlocks his ultimate power with the help of an "urban" robot during their quest to defeat an evil samurai sword wielding
Mephisto
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2007, 09:47:10 AM »

Alchemy is good too, to make poison, not only for weapon but for quest too.
Sleet
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2007, 11:44:33 AM »

Regarding trap skill:
    *Can one set traps for enemies?
    *Are there supplies to build or do you buy them pre-made? (or both?)
    *Can you re-use a trap you disarm?
    *Can one disarm and recover a trap one sets?
    *are there different types of traps? Strengths?

Looks like a good build. Lock and Load!
TheLostOne
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2007, 09:05:06 AM »

I'd also prefer Throwing weapons over Xbow.  They're usually poorly implemented and curious how effective they are.  Also, more silent than a crossbow.
grisse
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2007, 09:48:12 AM »

I'd rather see Thrown Weapons as well. I can't recall a single game in which they were more than curiosities.

I don't need no makeup
I got real scars
I got hair on my chest
I look good without a shirt
Paranoid Jack
Apprentice

I see right through you...

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2007, 10:02:32 AM »

Sneak +5
Throwing +5
Alchemy +4

Thrown weapons with poison on them.   Tongue   

Because I'm very curious as to how the stealth options will play out.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2007, 11:39:37 AM »

Thanks for the info, and that looks good. Let's get this started! Grin
Almost ready. Oscar tweaked a few items, upgrading them from "ok" to "amazing". I changed some weight values, introducing decimals, which fucked up the items database and several other things; Nick had to fix all that, compile, recompile, and then compile some more, just to be sure.

Regarding trap skill:

*Can one set traps for enemies?
One can.

*Are there supplies to build or do you buy them pre-made? (or both?)
Use existing items: bolts, acid, liquid fire, etc.

*Can you re-use a trap you disarm?
You can only get some parts. I mean, we don't have bear traps that you can step over, pick up, and reuse.

*Can one disarm and recover a trap one sets?
Yes. The parts, not the actual trap.

...are there different types of traps? Strengths?
Yes, different kinds. Strength depends on your skill.

I'd rather see Thrown Weapons as well. I can't recall a single game in which they were more than curiosities.
They work. In most games the weapon system is simple. Weapons with more damage are better and that's all there is to it. In DnD you get you extra attacks no matter what weapon you are wielding. Then you add the HP growth, creating 200-300 HP behemoths and making throwing weapons practically useless.

In AoD they are very effective due to weapons speed, different attack types, and low HPs. If you have 12 APs that means 6 fast attacks with throwing weapons. With high Critical Strike skills people will be dropping like flies.

grisse
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2008, 10:16:14 AM »

Thank you for the info. Sounds very good, as per usual.

I don't need no makeup
I got real scars
I got hair on my chest
I look good without a shirt
Sleet
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2008, 11:21:01 AM »

Thanks for all the info about traps and all Vince. Too cool.  8)
Claw

Adun Toridas!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2008, 04:59:53 PM »

They work. In most games the weapon system is simple. Weapons with more damage are better and that's all there is to it. In DnD you get you extra attacks no matter what weapon you are wielding. Then you add the HP growth, creating 200-300 HP behemoths and making throwing weapons practically useless.
The Fall actually had an implementation I found very enjoyable. Throwing weapons were based on the assumption that someone skilled with them would take the time to aim for a vulnerable spot and have a good chance at hitting it, too. So throwing weapons weren't particularly quick, but had a really good chance at instantly killing the victim at short range.
So, rather than being quick (as you suggest they'd be in AoD) or flimsy, they are only useful at short range - a significant limitation for a game revolving around gunfights rather than melee - but very deadly in skilled hands.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2008, 08:17:22 PM »

Anyway, let's continue our slow tale:

Right now you get a profession-based selection of items: assassins get this nifty-looking leather jacket, not so nifty looking (Oscar, can you pretty it up a bit?) hood thingy, a standard crossbow, 10 regular bolts, 5 armor-piercing, heat-seeking bolts, 5 barbed ass-shredding bolts, and some rope to climb things and make dramatic entrances. And the traditional 100 bucks, of course.

I've just noticed that the bolts are supposed to be bronze, but they aren't and the description mentions nothing about it. Something to fix then.

I also think that we should assign items to skills, and generate items based on the top 5 skills. So, high sword, block, throwing, crafting, trade, for example, would give you a gladius, shield, 10 throwing knives, iron ore, and extra money. What do you think?

[attachment deleted to save space]
puppyonastik
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2008, 08:28:36 PM »

I also think that we should assign items to skills, and generate items based on the top 5 skills. So, high sword, block, throwing, crafting, trade, for example, would give you a gladius, shield, 10 throwing knives, iron ore, and extra money. What do you think?

I think that's a great idea, very choices and consequences-y.  Grin

Quote from: Mayday
Can a single dick even enter a group setting?
Quote from: Fez
You've never lived until you've tried it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: