Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's play AoD!  (Read 742810 times)
FireStomp

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: June 22, 2009, 01:39:39 pm »

from whart i can gather theire are a lot classes in AoD each with their own fractiones, so say i start as a assasin can i join other fractions like the theives giuld?

Yes, you can.

"Man is a marvelous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is a sort of low grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm." - Samuel L. Clemens
MaximB
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 24, 2009, 09:45:22 am »

from whart i can gather theire are a lot classes in AoD each with their own fractiones, so say i start as a assasin can i join other fractions like the theives giuld?

Yes, you can.

It's not classes, it's backgrounds - you can have 10STR and still chose the merchant background and then join the thieves guild.
mugger5001
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 24, 2009, 10:35:48 am »

KWl thx i was a bit worried for a min then  lol
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:38:07 am by mugger5001 » Logged

The best way to win a argument is to be the loudes - Fallout 3 Big Guns Bobblehead

"Give a man a fish and he'll stink up a whole town. Teach a man to fish...See where I'm going...teach a man to fish and he'll poke yer eye out!" Fable II
Dicksmoker
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 02, 2009, 06:48:02 am »

Yes. Assuming that you fit the requirements, you can join any faction, but you can't be an active member of more than one faction. Before you ask, no, you can't do one faction's quests and then do another faction's quests. Quests take place simultaneously. For example, you are either busy helping the Imperial Guards take over the town or you are busy assassinating their commander and attacking the barracks. Can't do both.

I was wondering about how this would work for the grifter path if you don't initially pick it. Is that also one that you can join up on later in the game? If so, how? Will you have to somehow discover the master grifter (I forget his name) and then somehow impress him in order to become his apprentice?
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 02, 2009, 07:13:03 am »

Grifters (and loremasters) don't have a faction, so there is nothing to join.
Dicksmoker
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 02, 2009, 07:33:00 am »

Yes, but I was under the impression that if you choose the grifter path, you'd be an apprentice to the head grifter, which would imply that he would have at least a few quests to give you. Or are you basically on your own from the start? Ditto for the loremaster I suppose.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 02, 2009, 07:40:52 am »

Working with someone and joining a faction are two different things.
Dicksmoker
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 02, 2009, 08:05:20 am »

Well okay, I was just speaking in terms of getting into the "quest chain" or whatever you want to call it that would be available to you automatically if you pick grifter. So can a non-grifter get into all of that? Considering that the master is a wanted man, will he be hard to find?
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 02, 2009, 08:16:26 am »

Yes and no.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=55.msg963#msg963
Dicksmoker
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 02, 2009, 08:53:42 am »

Ok. So I would surmise that if you're not grifter originally, you can stumble on Petras, he'll try to scam you, and if you catch him at his game he may let you in on it. If that's the case I like it, it makes sense and is a believable way to get him revealed. I wonder, if such a thing happens will there also be any interaction with his "other apprenctice" (who would actually be you if you pick the grifter background)?
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 02, 2009, 09:09:35 am »

That's the case. No interactions.
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 13, 2010, 09:22:42 pm »

Lethala, a Mercenary

A faerie (err, I meant an Ordu chick) raised by orks (err, I meant Normans) having the natural Ordu dexterity yet fed to be very and strong fat (OK constitution and strength) by Norman foster parents. Taught to read Aramaic by the Wandering Eternal Jew from Ancient Palestina and was reading Talmud much in the childhood developing some kosher kind of Intelligence, later shifted to healthy nihilist Buddhism (low perception of the world due to constant meditations; caring even less about impressing people around, that is low charisma). Never used any bigger weapon than a dessert knife (Dagger).
Life and Death are of no importance to her, killing is helping people to make use of the Sansara elevator to their further incarnations. Thus, mercenary's job is nothing else but getting some money for living as donations, and lockpicking helps to find some extra donations (private property makes no sense in Buddhism, you know). Due to well developed dharma has high criticals (and later dodge development). Uses crafting as the mean for making things' content fit their shape (or something like that).

Hope AoD release versions' looks code will allow creating a bald chick wearing an orange robe.

Dagger
9 Dex, 10 Int, 7 Con, 6 Str, 4 Per, 4 Cha

If Heroic bonuses are available for 10 points:
10 Dex, 10 Int, 6 Con, 6 Str, 4 Per, 4 Cha

Skill points => Dagger and Criticals, along with Crafting and Lockpicks. Later also Dodge.

Abilities or Perks: will they be available? Really hope so  Commie
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:33:46 am by Vahhabyte » Logged

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 15, 2010, 05:03:12 pm »

Hope AoD release versions' looks code will allow creating a bald chick wearing an orange robe.

Well, there are no orange robes, and no bald chicks either...

If Heroic bonuses are available for 10 points

There are, but they are used in text adventures mostly.

Abilities or Perks: will they be available? Really hope so

If you mean Fallout-like perks, no, but you can gain different reputations that have consequences in the gameworld. And also some especial training depending on the faction you've chosen.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 15, 2010, 05:53:08 pm »

Training sounds good, tho I was hoping for something like Planescape: Torment tattoos or active and passive combat abilities or Arcanum like backgrounds allowing to make a character truly unique.

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 15, 2010, 05:59:16 pm »

In AoD your choices make your character unique.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: