Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's play AoD!  (Read 742035 times)
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2007, 12:06:46 pm »

Let's have some fun here, folks. I believe you know the rules: the majority decides what to do, "DM" posts screens reflecting aforementioned decisions. We'll limit this game to the first town and its satellites (if your adventures take you there). Posting screens for every little thing you do could be too much, so I'll go with a mix of screens and text. If you die, the game is over.

Don't worry about spoiling as there is a lot of mutually-exclusive things you can do in Teron, so we are talking about 1 out of 4-5 different paths. It will help us test the game a bit and get some reactions/suggestions.

So, the background:

1. Assassin
2. Grifter
3. Knight
4. Loremaster
5. Mercenary
6. Merchant
7. Thief
8. None

Backgrounds are not classes and they don't restrict your character's development in any way. They define your character's relationship with different factions. A thief starts as a member of the Thieves Guild and gets reputation bonuses with its allies and reputation penalties with its enemies. A knight starts the game serving one of the Noble Houses, with all the advantages and disadvantages, and so on.

You can read the whole Let's Play in the following RPG Watch articles:

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:53:10 am by Vince » Logged
Hümmelgümpf der Bruzzelzwerg
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 12:28:20 pm »

Knight. I'm in the mood for some Harmonium-style badassness.

EDIT:
8. None
I don't think this "background" has been mentioned before. How does the game start if you choose it?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 12:30:06 pm by Lestat » Logged

This is the story of one man's emotional journey through things good and ill, the things that make life worth living, the tears and dessert of existence – that is, it was until receiving feedback from focus groups, money men, their yes men and the mystics of marketing, and so now it's about a magic baseball player dating a stripper with a heart of gold who gradually unlocks his ultimate power with the help of an "urban" robot during their quest to defeat an evil samurai sword wielding
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 12:31:28 pm »

You are a stranger. Nobody knows you.
puppyonastik
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 12:44:17 pm »

I vote for 8. I figure that with having no predefined "friends" or "enemies" it'll be a more interesting route when we jump in and try to survive the AOD world.

Good idea, Vince. I can't wait to see more of the dialogue.  Grin
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 12:48:52 pm by puppyonastik » Logged

Quote from: Mayday
Can a single dick even enter a group setting?
Quote from: Fez
You've never lived until you've tried it.
star
Journeyman

Die!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 01:20:02 pm »

8. None.

I love lets plays! And i demand at least 50% screens in all of your posts!

Mehler
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 01:40:01 pm »

8. None.

Great idea!  Grin
Isegrim
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 01:55:39 pm »

Eh, no-background seems a little boring. Go knight!
John Yossarian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 02:29:38 pm »

Eh, no-background seems a little boring. Go knight!
Maybe, but it's probably the least supported "class" and most likely to show problems, so in the spirit of helping detect them, I'm going with no-background too.

So I take it Teron is completely finished then (except for any problems that might turn up in this thread)?
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 02:49:53 pm »

Maybe, but it's probably the least supported "class" and most likely to show problems...
It's not a class, so simply think of it as a background with the maximum amount of open options.

So I take it Teron is completely finished then (except for any problems that might turn up in this thread)?
Yes.
callehe
DS Gold Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 03:04:54 pm »

i'm gonna play grifter for my first playthrough so for the let's play i vote knight, a profession as far away from grifter as possible.
Tuomas
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 03:10:56 pm »

i'm gonna play grifter for my first playthrough so for the let's play i vote knight, a profession as far away from grifter as possible.
Agreed. Also, "no background" is kinda boring.

Excellent idea for a thread, by the way. Smile
Sleet
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 03:25:58 pm »

Grifter will be my 1st choice and what I try when this game is installed.
For the first go, Knight is good. I want to see some of the relationships in action. Smile
Great idea indeed!
Elwro

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 04:04:41 pm »

I vote 4:Loremaster. Maybe we'll learn more about the game's lore this way? :wink:
Starwars

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 04:26:39 pm »

Knight sounds good to me as well.

Vince: "We strongly believe that the hardcore player doesn't want to be loved, but wants to be kicked in the balls and then kneed in the face."

Check out some of my home-recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/Starwars83/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 04:33:08 pm »

Ok, knight it is then.

Next step - stats. The stats will determine your starting skills' values and extra skill points.

Str, Dex, Con, Per, Int, Cha. Min 4, max 10, 40 points in total.

Other then affecting all kinda skills, numerous dialogue checks, offering special traits for heroic (10) values, and being used in "text adventure" situations:

Str modifies damage (-2 to 4).
Dex determines your AP (Dex+2, which gives you 6-12 range)
Con determines your HP (25-50; HPs are static, so don't count on increasing them later) and poison resistance.
Per modifies to hit chance (-10 to 20)
Int determines your starting skill points and skill point bonuses (0-4 for every 10 points gained)
Cha affects NPCs' reaction (-2 to 3)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: