Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD map  (Read 47134 times)
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2007, 05:17:51 PM »

It was never supposed to be a flat sea level river. It was always a canyon. See the bridge picture here. That´s how the "river" was supposed to be.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=140.0

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Claw

Adun Toridas!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2007, 08:31:21 PM »

Well, Vince posted concept art of a big, dried out river before and I imagined it should look like that.

That bridge looks like it would cross a rather small river. I mean, seriously. From the way it looks on the map I'd expect a major stream like the Danube.

PS: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/screenshots.htm
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 08:34:10 PM by Claw » Logged
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2007, 08:37:20 PM »

What bridge? The photo? That's just a concept, some ideas to play with. The in-game bridge is big enough. Or was big enough.
Claw

Adun Toridas!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2007, 09:03:32 PM »

We're not really talking about the bridge, tho'
Haraldur
Neophyte

I can see the filth from here...

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2008, 08:16:49 AM »

Is it just me, or is it a little strange to have this huge mass of forest that is (now) nowhere near a visible water source? Especially when it is surrounded by not-particularly-moist areas, and there is a (former) river valley coming from the mountain, but not enough water for any to go down it? If there was enough groundwater to support a forest, one would expect that some would seep into the canyon.

"By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward."
 --Mikhail Bakunin

"Everything that lives does so under the categorical condition of decisively interfering in the life of someone else...."
 --Mikhail Bakunin
Priapist

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2008, 02:57:37 PM »

Goddamn you, that pic makes me want to play Dwarf Fortress. There goes what might otherwise have been a productive day. Tongue
caster
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2008, 01:46:31 PM »

Ive just seen the map. Looks good.
If you still havent taken care of that river that is coming out of the forest you should just extend it through the forest all the way to the mountain range visible at the border of the map. Not the one lonely mountain in the center of the forest.

So you have one looong (maybe epic in size) river that comes all the way from the mountains. maybe you can even break it into more smaller tributaries converging into one big mamma.

-edit-
I love the area art work that is displayed on your web page. The pics at the top...
Is there any chance of releasing those in larger resolution?

And it would really be sweet if you could keep the colors like that in game too.
I really cannot decide which one is better but that Roman fort with orange tint to the walls and green grass all around really looks good.

Will those be in game like some loading screens - like in the Witcher?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 04:44:49 AM by caster » Logged

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! - Albert Einstein

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.
cardtrick
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2008, 02:14:41 PM »

I love the area art work that is displayed on your web page. The pics at the top...
Is there any chance of releasing those in larger resolution?

And it would really be sweet if you could keep the colors like that in game too.
I really cannot decide which one is better but that Roman fort with orange tint to the walls and green grass all around really looks good.

Will those be in game like some loading screens - like in the Witcher?

Yes, they will be in the game as loading screens. They've also said that they're going to be included in some form in at least the boxed version of the game (either in the printed manual or included digitally on a CD, or both). Also, a couple of us asked about being able to buy prints of them, and we got a "let's wait and see, but definitely not until the game is ready" response. I'm still hoping that's an option -- they really are very nice. I'd like a framed print on my wall.
caster
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2008, 06:29:51 AM »

Cool.

Yeah, prints would be welcome. maybe it would be a good idea to put them in the box?

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! - Albert Einstein

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.
Banedon
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2008, 06:41:24 AM »

Great Job guys! It looks a bit Baldur's Gatesy a bit to me but it still floats my boat! Yay!
caster
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »

Generaly speaking when something looks Baldur gatesy it can only be a good thing.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:47:07 PM by caster » Logged

Morbus
Expert

Wastelander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2008, 12:22:14 PM »

Generaly speaking when something looks Baldur gatesy it can onyl be a good thing.
Or not... Confused

Wendigo Design, by Tiago Sá
caster
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2008, 11:19:32 AM »

Any news about the map?

I cant shake the feeling it could do with a little more color to it, namely forests should be more green.
Also something more on the level of quality of those beautifull art renders you have around.

Just get the same guy to do the map too.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: