Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fixed issues  (Read 62473 times)
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2009, 09:39:10 am »

Here is a list of issues I've fixed so far (and didn't forget to write down):

Since Release 2:
  • Increased the range of 2-handed spear, so noone can get close without triggering interrupt attack.
  • Fixed the console log description text  saying that the character has dodged while knocked down.
  • Getting attacked by ranged opponent in diagonally adjacent square resulted in player spinning around and turning back on attacker.
  • Fixed: "Have a skill maxed at 300, for example, swords. Equip a sword that give a bonus, like a gladius, and it will allow you to "add" points to the skill (but in reality those points are wasted, since the skill stays at 300). It shouldn't allow you to do that."
  • Fixed a crash caused by starting a dialogue again (after the final conversation), then trying to load a game.
  • Fast and precise shots were available for crossbows with the "help" of shortcuts.
  • Attacks of opportunity and spear interrupts don't work through the obstacles anymore.
  • Made town music looping.
  • Fixed displaced GUI screen switching buttons (alchemy, character, etc) in the inventory screen.
  • Fixed a nasty TGE's bug when reloading the game could crash if you've interrupted it when particle emitters were working.
  • Added WASD as alternative camera controls.
  • Fixed accumulating criticals when a projectile gets retargeted.
  • Fixed: the line of fire is shown as clear when you aim, but when you fire the projectile hits a wrong target.
  • Stray arrows do not fly through the building walls anymore.
  • Fixed a crash at saving/loading screen when some savegame has too long filename (over 27 characters). Buffer overrrun  Embarrassed . Give your saves shorter names if you're using R2.
  • You could escape dialogue anytime using 'I' or 'C' keys.
  • Changed the "To Hit Chance" formula.
  • Changed axes' split shields chance.
  • Changed throwing weapons and daggers' passive trait from "ignore armour" (DR set to 0) to "hit a weak spot" (DR is cut in half).
  • Aimed attacks' and passive weapon effects' descriptions in textbox do not start with "Critical Strike!" anymore.
  • Added an effect for critical strike + aimed torso attack combo: ignore armour completely (DR set to 0)
  • Minimum melee attack speed is now 2AP.
  • Modified ammo types effects: removed damage modifiers, added CS modifiers, tweaked DR modifiers.
  • Nets: added penalty to defence, doubled movement cost, changed THC formula.
  • Lowered Dodge counter-attack chance.
  • Fixed a bug which allowed you to counter-attack the character, who is normally out of your weapon range.
  • Fixed a mistake, when missing a knocked down character with your ranged weapon was reported as "dodge".
  • Now you can block/dodge only 4 attacks per turn without penalties; each subsequent attack in the same turn will be progressively harder (extra 5% bonus to THC) to block/dodge.
  • Fast/power attacks influence a chance to score a passive weapon effect.
  • Left-clicking the weapon slot shows a "chance to score a passive weapon effect" info in the textbox.
  • Taught AI to use nets.
  • Added cool items that do nothing mechanics-wise, but are still cool 8)
  • Tweaked spearman AI a bit.
  • Added more precise collision mesh to character bodies. One of results is that you don't have to point at character's legs to loot his body any more.
  • Added quicksave (F5) and quickload (F9) functions.
  • Gave some weapons the ability to split shields.
  • Counter-attacks are less common with two-handed weapons.
  • Some weapons increase their passive effect chance.
  • Shields no longer give increased block, but they reduce the chance of splitting.
  • Made some minor changes to weapon damage.
  • Because of the numerous changes to item properties and game mechanics, savegames from R1 and R2 won't work anymore. The game won't let you load them.
  • Made combat music looping.
  • Fixed ranged fighters' positioning problem.
  • Moved configuration file from game's subfolder to My Documents\My Games\Age of Decadence, to avoid problems with filesystem permissions on Vista/Win7.

Since Release 1:
  • Fixed: "Closed off buildings when the game is loaded."
  • Fixed: "Can move through NPCs."
  • Combat sounds do not fade so much with distance.
  • Disabled streaming music, it's all preloaded now.
  • Moved screenshots and console.log to My Documents\My Games\Age of Decadence, so they can be created even if you don't run admin account.
  • Now you can't save a game when your character is dead.
  • Death screen appearing after you die and quickly load a game: no more.
  • Fixed: "Arena master crash". Which meant potential crash on any dialogue initiation.
  • Fixed: "You can extend your spear interrupt range by selecting a whirlwind attack before ending your turn. I believe it's an exploit."
  • Equipping something while moving made character continue his path as a statue (wrong animation was played).
  • Fixed: clicking dialogue answer could lead to a wrong outcome (problem with hidden answers, when your character didn't pass skill/stat/script check.
  • Fixed error loading a saved game, if you saved it while your character was moving (to the last tile of his/her path?)
  • Now crossbows are not getting unloaded when dropped into inventory.
  • Found a solution for ATI videocard owners (X-series) who experienced visual artefacts.
  • Fixed "Characters attack and hurt themselves or wrong targets" bug.
  • Fixed a bug with loading a save game, when user gets a normal loading screen at first, but when the SVGA progress bar reaches the end, the game "hangs", though gameworld sounds are heard.
  • Fixed: "Combat goes into an endless loop after a character disengages from an opponent."
  • Throwing axes are not floating in the air any more, while your character walks.
  • Fixed: "The bow multishot does not deal criticals."
  • You could totally avoid combat in this combat demo Smile (bug with arena exits)
  • Spaces between some dialogue asnwers were too large.
  • Fixed a bug when you could initiate a conversation in movement and still keep walking somewhere.
  • Added "1", "2", "3" keys as alternative shortcuts to attack modes (fast, normal, power).
  • Fixed: "Characters attack through the walls".
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 09:23:32 am by Nick » Logged

"But is the best good enough?"
Oscar
Fosse
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:31:13 am »

Salute
Ackermanus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 11:51:56 am »

Here is a list of major issues I've fixed so far (and didn't forget to write down):

• Fixed: "Closed off buildings when the game is loaded."
  • Fixed: "Can move through NPCs."
  • Combat sounds do not fade so much with distance.
  • Disabled streaming music, it's all preloaded now.
  • Moved screenshots and console.log to My Documents\My Games\Age of Decadence, so they can be created even if you don't run admin account.
  • Now you can't save a game when your character is dead.
  • Death screen appearing after you die and quickly load a game: no more.
  • Fixed: "Arena master crash". Which meant potential crash on any dialogue initiation.
  • Fixed: "You can extend your spear interrupt range by selecting a whirlwind attack before ending your turn. I believe it's an exploit."
  • Equipping something while moving made character continue his path as a statue (wrong animation was played).
  • Fixed: clicking dialogue answer could lead to a wrong outcome (problem with hidden answers, when your character didn't pass skill/stat/script check.
  • Fixed error loading a saved game, if you saved it while your character was moving (to the last tile of his/her path?)
  • Now crossbows are not getting unloaded when dropped into inventory.
  • Found a solution for ATI videocard owners (X-series) who experienced visual artefacts.
  • Fixed "Characters attack and hurt themselves or wrong targets" bug.

Nice job, congratulations. By the way, the arena master fix fixed my game crashing at the imperial guards dialog.
 One question: By fixing the whirlwind exploit, did you also fix the counter attack exploit? (Same trick: Have whirlwind attack selected when you end your turn, and with a one-handed weapon you can counter attack diagonaly).
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 11:58:15 am »

Yes, both interrupt attack and opportunity attack now always use the range of "normal attack" mode.

Oscar
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 03:57:24 pm »

Great work, Nick Salute

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
陈瑞思
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 06:49:16 pm »

It would be super cool to know where to go to get these fixes.  Like this arena master fix I hear about and even located once via the RPG Codex, but was unable to download because it's on rapidshare and I'm not a premium member.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 06:50:31 pm »

It's coming soon. Needs to be tested first.
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 06:52:27 pm »

If you go to "download links" topic in this subforum, you'll find more links to that fix. The rest will go public in 24 hours with a new build, if everything is fine.

Oscar
deuxhero
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 05:12:14 pm »

can 4 5 6 and 7 target hands, torso, legs and head? (not in that order)
bhlaab
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 06:46:23 pm »

i like that the installer now puts a shortcut in the start menu, the last one didn't.
Jaime Lannister
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 09:43:27 pm »

Age of Decadence: Combat Demo: Enhanced Edition: The Best Reaches Perfection
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 09:45:53 pm »

Age of Decadence: Combat Demo: Enhanced Edition: The Best Reaches Perfection

And then comes Age of Decadence: Combat Demo: Enhanced Edition: Ultimate Developers Cut: Perfection Reaches Divinity lol

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Nehan
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 06:05:08 am »

you sure you weren't working on the witcher? smug
Jim_Cojones
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 09:13:15 am »

Star Wars: Age of Decadence: Combat Demo: Enhanced Edition: Ultimate Developers Cut: Perfection Reaches Divinity

Fixed. If you want to use many colons, you can't avoid having Star Wars in title.

hilf
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 09:28:17 am »

Increased the range of 2-handed spear, so noone can get close without triggering interrupt attack.
Ahh, at last :D
So spear range is now like this
-***-
*-@-*
-***-
?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:30:28 am by hilf » Logged

I bought AoD on Thursday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: