Poll
Question: Are you having any technical issues with the demo?
None - it runs fine
Minor issues - nothing serious
Some issues - occasional crashes and some glitches
Serious issues - frequent crashes and serious glitches
The demo is practically unplayable

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poll - Technical issues  (Read 6278 times)
Bullwinkle
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 05:02:52 AM »

So far, it runs very smoothly, except for a single, non-critical bug.
fiszaj
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009, 05:16:41 AM »

No crashes but very slow at my notebook (sempron 1,8 ghz, 512 ram, xp home), it`s hard to play because of poor performance.
Gregorus Prime

Cheese and Whine Distributed Freely

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2009, 05:22:58 AM »

Frequent crashes but the only "bug" bugs I've had are the ones I documented in the other thread.
caster
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009, 05:33:03 AM »

I tried switching to D3D and got a CTD in a fight with Sarpedon, right after he killed me.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! - Albert Einstein

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.
Starwars

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2009, 05:35:45 AM »

Had one crash so far (think it was related to speaking with the arena master), seemed pretty random and didn't happen again upon reload.

Had one occurence of the bug where the enemies hit themselves and my character hits himself. Again, a re-load fixed it.

Minor stuff overall, it works great overall for me.

Vince: "We strongly believe that the hardcore player doesn't want to be loved, but wants to be kicked in the balls and then kneed in the face."

Check out some of my home-recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/Starwars83/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Tuomas
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2009, 05:38:05 AM »

The game runs fine, but when I was about to fight Dellar the game crashed to desktop. Luckily I kept another save file just in case.
Pastel
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2009, 05:58:59 AM »

It ran fine, except for occasional crashes.
Pacman
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2009, 06:33:19 AM »

Nothing serious, expect that it crashes with D3D (same on Windows and Wine). OpenGL works fine.
MacAnkka
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2009, 06:44:23 AM »

With the new patch, It's very stable. Only some minor issues.

It's very much playable now!
Anonxeuix

Malteser.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2009, 07:58:26 AM »

Minor issues - nothing serious

The bugs/crashes I encountered were:

-The arena master crash, which has now been fixed.
-Hitting-yourself bug.
-The character getting stuck in a running animation when I try to walk/run just before a battle starts.

All of these, except the crash, are fixed by a reload or quit/load.

"I don't take drugs: I am drugs." - Salvador Dali
Nehan
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 08:20:01 AM »

While I haven't experienced the infamous arena master bug or any graphical glitches, I've encountered a problem that nearly made me delete the whole demo thing. My first playthrough was stopped at triarii due to save corruption. My second ended when fighting the barbari. After I made my move, my turn either didn't end or their's didn't start. The game just waited for something, I don't know what. Reloading was no help. So I'll wait for an improved version before my third take.
caster
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 08:43:07 AM »

did you name your saves? Seems unnamed saves caused problems.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! - Albert Einstein

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.
Nehan
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 08:46:55 AM »

I admit, my first guy's saves were unnamed. damn, i've nearly defeated those blasted triarii Wallbang
Virtz
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2009, 08:51:32 AM »

Fromy my experience:
-got "stuck" at loading screen (could return to menu and try again, only ever happened with Direct3D and full shadows, used OpenGL and no shadows later).
-got the arena master dialogue bug.
-crossbow ammo stack never went away.
-experienced animation odities when initiating and ending dialogue while moving (character moved with standing animation after dialogue ended).
-keep hearing slight, semi-regular crackling sounds when looping sounds play (crowd noises, music, etc.). Does not happen when playing the appropriate .ogg files outside the game.
-got a save corrupted when reusing the same save slot (save was named).
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2009, 08:52:33 AM »

While I haven't experienced the infamous arena master bug or any graphical glitches, I've encountered a problem that nearly made me delete the whole demo thing. My first playthrough was stopped at triarii due to save corruption. My second ended when fighting the barbari. After I made my move, my turn either didn't end or their's didn't start. The game just waited for something, I don't know what. Reloading was no help. So I'll wait for an improved version before my third take.

Sorry, Nehan. This will be fixed in a new version. But...

Nothing on earth stays forever
but none of your deeds were in vain
Deep in our hearts you[r character] will live again
you're gone to the home of the brave

"Oh, 'twould be marvelous if the world and its moral questions were like some game board, with plain black players and white, and fixed rules, and nary a shade of grey."
The Black Company. Shadows Linger.

"But is the best good enough?"
(c) Oscar
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: