Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monday Design Update 12/14 - Catching Up  (Read 13298 times)
Gregorus Prime

Look, he's just this guy, you know?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 12:07:34 am »

"The game is called ZRPG"

Nope, that's just the codename. The title is TBA right now. Though we'll still probably keep referring to it as a ZRPG.

So when is Tuberculosis Apocalypse coming out, anyway?

LFD2 is really just a generic coop shooter that just to happens to use zombies for its art style. You could swap out the zombies with aliens, demons, or robots and it would be equally suited to the game mechanics.

I beg to differ. Left 4 Dead is far from generic. When, by the way, did "generic" become the go-to term to describe something you dislike on the Internet? Anyway, if you replaced the zombies with aliens or demons or rabid koalas it would still feel like a zombie game. What matters is that the damn things are swarming all over everything and there's no respite from them. Left 4 Dead is probably one of the few games you can point to and call a zombie game definitively because it captures the desperation so well. The fact that it uses common action game and FPS tropes doesn't change that.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 12:15:14 am by Gregorus Prime » Logged
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 06:33:44 am »

"The game is called ZRPG"

Nope, that's just the codename. The title is TBA right now. Though we'll still probably keep referring to it as a ZRPG.

So when is Tuberculosis Apocalypse coming out, anyway?

lol

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
dagorkan
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 09:07:18 am »

There's a barrel, the PC, and it isn't  a room because it's a map which extends beyond the screen. Also there's an interface.

But seriously, how similar will this game be to Bioware games? I hope the game world doesn't consist of small rooms/areas which you teleport between constantly. I liked Eschalon a lot because of the large maps which gave you the sense of exploring the world, when you entered a house you didn't switch to a separate map, and everything was integrated. It's more of an old-school style but I prefer it to the Bioware style.
inhuman
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 01:03:38 pm »

Nitpicking.

Brian said "False. ZRPG and managing DoubleBear is a full-time job for yours truly." Yours truly is the key phrase here. Brian does work on the game full time, so what do you expect him to say, "no, even though I'm working full time, we can hardly consider it important so it's clearly a part-time venture"?

He didn't say that everyone's working full time. He specified that he's working full time and didn't say anything about Annie or anyone else. Case closed, detective?

So DoubleBear = Brian Mitsoda and some people helping him. Ok, thanks for the update.

Why even put that question there with that particular answer when that answer is only half the truth?

dagorkan
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 01:08:09 pm »

Nitpicking.

Brian said "False. ZRPG and managing DoubleBear is a full-time job for yours truly." Yours truly is the key phrase here. Brian does work on the game full time, so what do you expect him to say, "no, even though I'm working full time, we can hardly consider it important so it's clearly a part-time venture"?

He didn't say that everyone's working full time. He specified that he's working full time and didn't say anything about Annie or anyone else. Case closed, detective?

So DoubleBear = Brian Mitsoda and some people helping him. Ok, thanks for the update.

Why even put that question there with that particular answer when that answer is only half the truth?
To mislead you, obviously.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: