Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monday Design Update 11/2 - Worth It  (Read 15665 times)
Brian

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:47:24 am »

This week I pose the question: What item would you take unnecessary risks for? That is, what item - completely unnecessary for survival - would you risk scavenging out in the zombie apocalypse for?

For me, this would no doubt be coffee. A day after I ran out, I just know I'd grab the nearest garden tool and try one of the dozen or so coffee places within a mile. Luckily, living in Seattle, I'd probably find coffee without much trouble. But assuming you had a fifty-fifty chance, what would be your item and how far would you have to go to get it? That's the question this week.

Yes, this may have something to do with one of the systems in the game, but I thought I'd take the obtuse route. Audience participation has been authorized, starting..................................... NOW!
Bloodsausage
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 02:45:18 am »

I'll see your coffee and raise you some smokes.

Risks be damned, I'm not really interested in "surviving" (if you could call it that) without coffee and cigarettes anyway. 

Whiskey would be a close third. 
caster
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 03:37:31 am »

Coffee first,... man i would go through some trouble to get it.
Smokes... sure, im addicted but i would like to think i would try to quit in a situation like that. I mean its a zombieclypse, what time is better than that to leave smoking? You always have more then enough opportunities to vent the frustration.

I really cant think of... takes first sip of freshly made coffee... anything else that important.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! - Albert Einstein

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.
Gondolin
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:03:30 am »

Smokes... sure, im addicted but i would like to think i would try to quit in a situation like that. I mean its a zombieclypse, what time is better than that to leave smoking?

Wink

I say no to demon ponies.
Silellak
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 09:42:02 am »

A copy of Zombie RPG by DoubleBear games, of course!

Oh ho ho.  How meta.

The pop-culture-friendly answer would be "a Twinkie", and if you don't know what I'm referring to, go see Zombieland right now GO GO GO GO...

...okay so did you see it?  Good.  Fuckin' funny, right?  So you got my reference then?  Pretty clever huh?

Honestly I think I'd go to retarded lengths to save my dogs, but I'm not sure that really counts.  Most things I treasure require electricity (sadly), and I'd have to assume that particular commodity wouldn't always be available.  

I guess the best serious answer I can come up with is "books".  
UbAh
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 10:32:12 am »

I am addicted to Coke

I love booze

The only thing I couldnt live without though; the thing I would risk my neck for that would not help me survive? 

Easy pretty girls  Grin

I know I am a sucker and will probably die because of it, or instantly regret it.

Thats Coca-Cola BTW
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 10:35:04 am »

Anything that will be useful/valuable (good barter material) in the post-survival world.
caster
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 10:39:52 am »

Wink
Ahaha...ahahah...aaahhh... man i love that guy. Thanks.
 Tongue

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! - Albert Einstein

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.
Scott
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 11:18:44 am »

Recreational drugs.  I'm not actually a drug user now, but I'd start in a hurry in that situation.  It's the most efficient way to enjoy yourself no matter what the environment, and they're also easy to carry and store.

contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Stygian:Reign of the Old Ones | Encased | ATOM RPG
caster
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 12:16:52 pm »

It's the most efficient way to enjoy yourself no matter what the environment
Thats not true.
They dont work like that. Unless you are talking about some pills or chemicals.

I myself would risk a great deal of things to get my hands on a few carrots in that situation but i would not smoke any if
I wasnt absolutely certain i can take a breather for a few hours at least. And then only if i had some good company.

Im pretty sure there wont be any drugs (except medicine) in the game, though. (how i hate people using that word for some natural grown... things)
And im pretty sure pretty girls are not numbered among "items" either.

- A laptop with installed Fallout and a set of 12 volt adapters?

- A bottle of Baileys?

- A nice little 70ft Shipman sailing boat so i could sails away and leaves all youse suckers scratching your heads?

- A small battery fan?

- A set of Penthouse comix?

- A  Monthy Python DVD ultimate collection?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:51:36 pm by caster » Logged

beans
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 12:32:57 pm »

Beans, old boy, make another idiotic post and you'll be banned faster than you can blink - Vince.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:52:51 pm by Vince » Logged
Gondolin
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 01:13:55 pm »

Wink
Ahaha...ahahah...aaahhh... man i love that guy. Thanks.
 Tongue

You're welcome. Smile

I say no to demon ponies.
caster
Archmaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 01:23:13 pm »

I remembered!

I would risk lot... A LOT... for a pair of really nice polarized Ray Ban predator hunters.
Im practically blind in normal sunlight. It would be something really necessary for me.

Though, you could argue that would put them in "items necessary for survival" somewhat.

But Coffee, smokes and pair of good sunglasses would be essential.

And a bottle of "Ubik".

Resch
Journeyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 03:04:46 pm »

Books. Maybe some handheld consoles and loads of batteries? A portable CD player and my favorite albums. Anything to escape the undead reality.

And a guitar.

Toothpaste.

A camera.

Pencils.

Paper.

My music :: My art :: My FO2 maps :: My Twitter :: ITS Twitter

"There is always something to be done, even if it is sitting still and willing it to happen"
UbAh
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 03:22:09 pm »

And im pretty sure pretty girls are not numbered among "items" either.

Oops, I didn't process the word Item and I thought it was what would you risk your life for that is not necessary for survival.  That could get me into trouble.  So while I was ready for the trouble of only risking myself for the pretty ones I am not ready for the trouble I would fall into for calling girls items.

I like to pick the level of shit I jump into

Edit: when Resch said toothpaste I think I found mine, Toilet paper.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 03:25:28 pm by UbAh » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: