Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good zombie media?  (Read 6739 times)
FrancoTAU
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 02:23:16 am »

Pontypool is probably the best zombie movie of the last couple years.  It centers around a small town radio shock jock trying to report on a zombie outbreak.  It's mostly focused on just fear of the unknown and communication breakdown.  Really great heady horror movie.
Dragisoni
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 12:08:39 pm »

Something I'd like to recommend are Max Brooks' books, World War Z and Zombie Survival Guide. I haven't finished the Guide yet, but I think WWZ is pretty good at painting different scenes and providing different outlooks on the outbreak. The characters are slightly over the top (may be a good thing), but some of their stories are quite memorable, and I could easily see a NPC in a RPG relaying similar stories to the player. Or in some cases, the player experiencing them personally.

Max brooks ZSG has a lot of points that will get people killed if there ever is a zombie apocalypse I did however like WWZ and Day By Day Armageddon was awesome.

I am a member and Moderator on a site called Zombie Preparedness Initiative (ZPI). This site is an open forum discussion on what to do and what not to do during a armageddon type situation involving zombies. No it is not like ZDN where all the members act like 12 year old's and constantly argue whether the S&W 500 is better then the Desert Eagle or how the mini gun is the best weapon in the world. This is a site that thought is put into and time is taken to reasearch topics before they are posted (by most members).

If you are interested in checking out the site and gaining useful knowledge that does not revolve around Max Brooks then go to this link and look around. After that if you got something to say make an account and join in the discussions.

Copy Pasta
http://ww2.zombieinitiative.org/
Bjergtrold
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 12:51:23 pm »

Just watched Pontypool after reading your post... It's got a great start, and really sets an ambiance. However, after an hour it kinda fails... hated the explanation, even though it is intellectual in nature.
But if you manage to overlook that, it's great =)        (note: it's difficult to abstract from)
kingofsin
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 05:54:58 pm »

find,download or even buy a copy of all flesh must be eaten, a zombie pen and paper rp, gave me alot of ideas on things and helped me with an actual survival plan
DDToxic
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 03:17:16 am »

Yeah All Flesh must be Eaten is very good, there are also Plenty of Sourcebooks.
I bought it, and i never ever regretted this purchase!
The Books of all Flesh (1,2 and 3, purley Zombie Fiction to read) have also so some Great Zombie Stories in it...

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: