Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of Decadence (Moderator: Vahha)Let's get active: AoD coverage and promotion
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's get active: AoD coverage and promotion  (Read 7043 times)
Vahha

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2015, 04:18:19 pm »

What really matters now is increasing game coverage and promotion via reposting, translating and writing articles.

It would probably do the trick if AoD fans from different world countries started reposting AoD information and reviews at their local RPG fan boards, communities and publics the way I have been doing on Russian speaking Internets since around 2010.

The steps are easy:
- google a dozen RPG communities in your language and get registered there
- post a detailed and vivid review including game features, screenshots, videos and your personal impressions
- repeat x 12 times
- monitor the replies and respond to praise and criticism. Feed the trolls, to make the discussion lively and emotional Wink

Global English speaking RPG fan communities and boards should be targeted especially. Even Craig's list and Reddit, there are many RPG discussions there.

Make it viral and it will work! It did work well on the Russian speaking Internets. Various Russian game magazines and dedicated RPG portals were retransmitting the news and even interviewed Vince a couple of times.

What for?
To make a Special Edition of the game possible and secure ITS staying in business. The sales target of 45000 copies is hard to achieve, but we can effectively contribute to that.

Spread the word of our sect!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:27:40 pm »

Salute

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 05:47:30 pm »

That's what I try to do since 2011 for a french community through RPGFrance (I've reported all the monthly update since I've accepted this quest, some external interviews, some playthrough etc etc).Except for the preview, as I am not really skilled for that (and I don't want to write a shitty paper)  Salute
Vince even comes there sometimes  Wink

At least, I've tried my best for ITS and my global community

Pladio
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 05:14:16 am »

I would recommend having contests on different websites to win a copy of the game.
This usually automatically raises awareness.

I would recommend making the contest "force" people to visit the main page to make them more interested in the game.

For example as a few questions with regards to the lore of the game or different locations to visit....
Astrofaes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:56:31 am »

I'll do what I can to enlighten the swedish gaming-communities about the greatness of AoD. Salute

Sadly, that'll be nothing compared to getting some known Youtube-personalities to bring up the game during their "shows". I don't care a lot about that myself but having someone like TotalBiscuit talk about AoD while showing some gameplay would surely yield a lot of potential players.
Pladio
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 10:30:05 am »

That's true. I would recommend the following 4 youtubers who sometimes play top-down isometirc type games:

- SplattercatGaming
- BumpyMcSquigums
- Quill18
- Arumba

Maybe Vince should try and contact these people and send them copies of the game.
Anonxeuix

Malteser.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 01:19:05 pm »

Sadly, that'll be nothing compared to getting some known Youtube-personalities to bring up the game during their "shows". I don't care a lot about that myself but having someone like TotalBiscuit talk about AoD while showing some gameplay would surely yield a lot of potential players.

Agreed. I have personally bought around 4 games just by watching TB's videos. I'm sure if AoD was featured by someone like that it would yield new fans.

"I don't take drugs: I am drugs." - Salvador Dali
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 01:32:42 pm »

about the biscuit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pRDRCorx14&feature=autoshare "I will now talk about how games get featured on my channel for just over 45 minutes"

Contact him clearly stating in the title that you send a review code, grab his attention with a short and pithy message, but don't get your hopes up.
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 02:08:25 pm »

I would recommend having contests on different websites to win a copy of the game.
This usually automatically raises awareness.

I would recommend making the contest "force" people to visit the main page to make them more interested in the game.

For example as a few questions with regards to the lore of the game or different locations to visit....

I'm not even sure how it could help to increase the sales.Most often, people enter a contest just to win a game, not for learning some of its features and/or mechanics.And when the contest is closed, what happens?It is simply forgotten, so goodbye people.Does it help to promote a game? Not in the most serious way, it only attract people for the site who is driving this contest, so again, doesn't very helpful for ITS

And if you really want to make one with lore questions, it will even be worst, as the Lore in AoD is like a secret you have to discover by yourself.So who could answer to this kind of contest?only he who already knows it.And if he knows it, the greater are the chances he already preorder it in the past
Pladio
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 02:13:29 pm »

I would assume people who already have the game would not just play a contest again for the same game they own...

And for the lore it would be things easily found on the main page.

Anyway, I'm in the process of setting one up.
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 05:10:08 am »

Yesterday, I was thinking about a special request.
Vince, Oscar, once the game will be released, is it doable?

We all know the game is a heavy text based, even more than what some books can totalize.
So hey, why not publish a kind of collector book with some artwork content (locations, items).Why not then a chapter where all the main NPCs would be presented in a few lines.Another chapter for the long tale of indie development.It could also feature some of the nicest interviews.
And if it's not doable in a hardcover format, there's always a pdf format.

Ask yourself and see: if such a thing would be published, would you buy it to support ITS?

Why not a crowdfunding campaign for such a thing (I know how you consider the crowdfunding, but  it could be considered, isn't it?)

Let's see how the true patriots would be interested!  Salute

Vahha

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 05:16:14 am »

Actually ITS mentioned this before, back in 2007:

Q: How much will Age of Decadence cost to purchase?

A: "$25 direct download, $50 for a box (proper full color box, full color manual with concept art , jewel case CD) plus shipping.

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 05:22:33 am »

Actually ITS mentioned this before, back in 2007:

Q: How much will Age of Decadence cost to purchase?

A: "$25 direct download, $50 for a box (proper full color box, full color manual with concept art , jewel case CD) plus shipping.

You're right, but as it seems the idea of a boxed version seems lost as it will highly depend on how good will the sales be, at least, such a book could be considered.And if it's not doable in a physical hardcover format, there's still the pdf file (for a 0 production cost, it just needs time)
Stealth
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 03:55:53 pm »

The trailer could use some updating. The r1 HUD is still there. Extra highlights on [skill checks] would be a good idea.
Lurker King
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 05:12:04 pm »

Guys, we are missing a huge audience ignoring facebook. You just need to look for cRPG and RPG communities and post about the game. Game of Thrones related sites and communities are also a good target.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:44:20 pm by Lurker King » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: