Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD March update  (Read 4428 times)
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »

Welcome to update #4. It’s a ‘major’ update for us (and a big chunk of content, bringing the number of available locations to 15 out of 22) and we’d like to introduce it properly to make sure that the players won’t miss the new locations (which is easy to do since the game is non-linear). Without further ado:

Aemolas’ village

This location is available only if you:

• Helped a group of refugees get into Teron.
  • Talked to Aemolas after and were deemed trustworthy enough (positive Word of Honor reputation) to be asked to retrieve his stash.

The village is full of raiders, but there are quite a few options there, including a rare opportunity to put your scoped crossbow to good use or have some double- and triple-crossing fun. Sorta like a menage a trois where everyone gets fucked but you.

The Library of Saross

Available only if you talked to Abukar the Mad and learned about his trip to the Library. It’s an important location because:

• You finally get to use that sphere you found at the beginning of the game (IF you found it)
  • You learn more information, provided you can get into the hidden chamber and translate the message
  • You can unlock an optional and very creepy (but extremely rewarding) ending. Naturally, you don’t get that ending right away, but you unlock the path that can lead you to it. If you have the balls.
  • Unlock the Arch and Inferiae locations.

The Arch

There are two ways to unlock it: the above-mention Library or faithful service to Lord Meru. Since the latter isn’t available yet, look for the clues at the library. So, what makes this location special and why should you care?

• You should. You really, really should. It’s that place where you wave Kansas good-bye.
  • You will finally be able to use both the eye and the glove. How exciting.
  • You will meet your old pal Esbenus. Unless you killed him, in which case you’ll miss out on a beautiful relationship.
  • You will make new friends. Powerful friends. From the other side.
  • You can unlock Inferiae in case you failed to do so at the Library.

Inferiae

It's a desert village sitting on top of a place of power. Points of interest:

• You’ll meet the very first character who’s actually been inside the temple you’re seeking (thus confirming that it does exist, among other things).
  • Play your cards right and you’ll be thrown into the ‘underworld’, which unlocks a bumpy ride that will lead you all the way to the top (of one of Maadoran’s minarets). The Eye thing will come in handy there.
  • You can unlock another location that will lead you to the temple. For obvious reasons, this location isn’t included in this update.
  • You can learn how to use one of those fancy semi-sphere consoles.
  • You can learn more lore stuff and connect more dots.

The Monastery

You can unlock this location by becoming a repeat customer of the healer (heavy wounds only). Impressed by your badassery (or at least your ability to survive the most grievous of injuries), the healer will ask you to fetch an ancient elixir that will improve your self-esteem and cellular regeneration, whatever that is.

Points of interest:

• Raiders
  • Ancient mysteries and sacred liquids
  • Chambers deep inside a mountain
  • Huge doors that can’t be opened by mortal hands
  • Moral choices (must have morals in the first place to qualify), otherwise just join the raiders and have yourself a lovely day, full of plundering and pillaging.

The next month’s update will add another location - Caer-Tor, the Imperial Guards’ headquarters, which will introduce Dux Paullus and unlock the path to yet another ending where the Guards becomes Templars – the guardians of the temple.

The remaining 6 end-game locations will be released when the game is out. We’re aiming to start the final beta test in June and expect it to run for 2-3 months. We’ll continue to update and improve the Early Access build on a monthly basis, adding more content (characters, dialogues, items, etc) and general improvements.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

While your saves should work, we recommend starting a new game to avoid any scripting issues.

Some screens for your amusement:

Vahhabyte

S:5 D:7 C:4 P:10 I:10 Ch:4 Th 5 Bl 8 CS 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:27:51 AM »

Panic Salute
when?

Good people disobey bad laws.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:28:46 AM »

It's already on Steam. The BMT build will be updated tonight.
Vahhabyte

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:42:35 AM »

Hasn't updated yet. Age of Wonders 3, Rock'n'Roll Racing and World of Tanks are all abandoned now. I'd say we the beta testers are the happiest people, AoD reveals one layer after another, each one so exciting and unexpected.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:44:20 AM by Vahhabyte » Logged

Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 10:49:09 AM »

Thank you.
Vahhabyte

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 10:49:28 AM »

Update 4 Changelog
IMPORTANT NOTE:

While your saves should work, we recommend starting a new game to avoid any scripting issues.

Improvements:

- Added a black version of the barbari and numeri armors.
- Added Aemolas' village location.
- Added the Library of Saross location.
- Added the Arch location.
- Added Inferiae location.
- Added the Monastery location.

Fixes:

- You now get the gem from the bloated corpse on the well exploration, and the contents from Menes bag.
- Fixed issue with the floor collision in the tower of Zamedi.

Changes:

- You are now healed when you arrive to Maadoran for the first time.
- Reduced lore check with Levir.
- Added the thief only option with Livia if you took the streetwise or perception path when meeting her.
- You can now show the eye to Abukar.
- Added scoped crossbows to the ranged trader in Maadoran.
- You now get a trait when you get the eye implanted.

donbaloo
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 12:04:56 PM »

Screens look amazing. Can't wait to continue the journey!
Vahhabyte

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 12:47:35 PM »

When anyone sees it updating on Steam please post here )

Ergil
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 01:52:53 PM »

It's there.
Vahhabyte

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 02:05:30 PM »

Mine is 0.8.8.0244.
Can anyone confirm the version, I might have missed the update message, since Abukar does respond to the cyber eye now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:44:42 PM by Vahhabyte » Logged

Ergil
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »

Mine's 0.8.8.0244 too, but Aemolas' village is accessible.
Vahhabyte

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 02:45:12 PM »

Ok, cheers. Shute, I missed the update message for sure.

Sunfire
Craftsman

Veni, vidi, vici

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 02:47:41 PM »

Great! More text for translation Smile

Man is a political being, ie agent of group having enemies and allies, and that's why his optics doesn't happen neutral.

AoD English to Russian Translation Project
Anri

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 06:07:26 AM »

Thanks for the update!

However, just downloaded AoD from BMT and got 0.8.8.0182 (January Update) version  Sad
Hope it will be fixed soon.
Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 09:35:40 AM »

We're currently fixing new version's bugs, discovered by Steam players. After it's done, we'll upload a new installer to BMT.

"Oh, 'twould be marvelous if the world and its moral questions were like some game board, with plain black players and white, and fixed rules, and nary a shade of grey."
The Black Company. Shadows Linger.

"But is the best good enough?"
(c) Oscar
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: