Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of DecadenceThe Tough Trader (hybrid video play-through)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Tough Trader (hybrid video play-through)  (Read 113024 times)
Brandon

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2014, 05:48:40 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddaQTNqOFGA&feature=youtu.be

This is the follow up video to the Smart Soldier, again playing hybrid but this time going through the Commercium quest line with the Merchant background.
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:33:03 am »

Salute

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
hakimio
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 08:05:15 am »

Another really nice play-through. I really like how you explain various options/possible solutions and differences between different character set-ups.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 08:20:44 am »

Awesome!
Dickie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 12:00:44 pm »

Your videos should be on the Iron Tower Studio main page, Steam page, and stickied in this forum. They're really great at showing the options you really have in this game. Thanks for posting. I'm enjoying them. Do more!
Sunfire
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 03:11:44 pm »

Quite revealingly!
 Salute
Brandon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 02:08:40 am »

Started playing Maadoran tonight...

I did Miltiades quests, Basil/Quintus, Kemnebi, and the Arena up until the Butcher, plus a few other side quests like the Badge scam and the anti-preacher mob (I am the Chosen One).  Only have 6 sword and 6 block.  To be fair, Maadoran does need some combat balancing as Vince agreed it is too easy, but my hybrid character hasn't run into any fights that needed more than a single reload, most won in first try:  so even if the fights are made a bit harder I don't think they would be impossible for my character.

Got enough skill points to raise Persuasion/Streetwise/Trading to 6 across the board, with Etiquette at 4 (I did get a free skillup from Cassius before I left town).

This is my first time doing the Commercium quests in Maadoran so I don't know any of the skill checks, yet so far I've had no problems gathering support from the nobles in the first quest without having to save scum.  Hybrid Merchant still looks very promising!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:39:19 am by Brandon » Logged
Brandon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 02:42:01 am »

Ok, serious suggestion here Vince.  I can use my speech craft on Hamza, or convince Pavola to give me Guards to kill Hamza.  Why can't I just kill the Boatmen by myself if I'm unable to convince Pavola?  There doesn't seem to be an option to fight if I go in alone.

That would be a perfect for a hybrid merchant who spend more skill points in combat skills and didn't have high enough persuasion/streetwise/trading/etc to do the other options.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 07:28:36 am »

We'll add it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Brandon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 06:55:55 pm »

Merchant quests are turning out to be quite versatile and fun.
Completed Teron with a thief type hybrid last night:

(click to show/hide)

We'll add it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Salute
Thanks for the dedication you guys have to making this game so great!
Cubicar
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 12:37:36 pm »

Dumb question - "using CS" - what does it mean?
dab

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 12:40:59 pm »

Using critical strike (CS) option during dialog / text adventure - it appears if you have enough (or near enough) CS skill
SnallTrippin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 03:29:49 pm »

Using critical strike (CS) option during dialog / text adventure - it appears if you have enough (or near enough) CS skill

Or not near enough and its just an option. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: