Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kickstarter Update #34 -new video  (Read 8438 times)
Scott
Developer

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:04:10 pm »

Mmmmm.  So so tasty.  How can the game look exponentially better every few weeks?  My dilemma now is whether to play the beta or hold out for the full deal.

Link for backers
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:07:07 pm by Scott » Logged

Brian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:10:06 pm »

Mmmmm.  So so tasty.  How can the game look exponentially better every few weeks?  My dilemma now is whether to play the beta or hold out for the full deal.

Link for backers

For anyone wondering, when the demo comes out we'd love all the feedback we can get on it. If you don't mind playing the first seven days a few times before the game comes out. Most likely, some of the events and areas accessible in the first seven days will be altered in the final game.
Fuzzman009
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:12:25 pm »

Looks great! I'm psyched to get my hands on it Grin

Operating System
Windows 8.1 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-4702MQ

Video Card
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1696 MB, driver 9.17.10.2932, 1366x768 system resolution
Geforce GTX 760M, 4096 MB, driver 340.52, 1366x768 system resolution

Sound Card
Realtek High Definition Audio, 6.00.0001.6282

Game Settings
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600(D3D9), 1366x768(16:9),Refresh:60,Fullscreen on, Direct Sound, Realtek High Definition Audio
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:22:28 pm »

It's looking so good now, I love the new zombie attacks like when Brian Doublebear got pulled down in that parking lot.

Rest assured, I'll be playing that first week of the game quite often to squeeze out every bit of content.  Grin

Only thing I'm wondering now is when we might expect to see the demo, but according to the post on Kickstarter we'll have that info in the next update, so I can wait.  Great work, team!   Salute

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
SnallTrippin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:47:48 pm »

Totally looking forward to this (and almost done with finals...) - any idea on the time frame for the release for backers? /I take it we will get an email?
Brian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 01:51:58 pm »

Totally looking forward to this (and almost done with finals...) - any idea on the time frame for the release for backers? /I take it we will get an email?

Yeah, we'll announce the details in the next update and let everyone know in advance. We're still working on Beta/demo tasks. Our goal is to release something that feels very similar to the final game, but still give us time to correct issues before we finalize the game.
Greyman
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 02:02:20 pm »

Brian, are those of us who don't use Steam going to be able to get access to this in some fashion?
DrunkZombie

You gotta live before you die!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 02:04:56 pm »

Link for backers

For anyone wondering, when the demo comes out we'd love all the feedback we can get on it. If you don't mind playing the first seven days a few times before the game comes out. Most likely, some of the events and areas accessible in the first seven days will be altered in the final game.

At your service sir!  I will play the hell out of the demo.  Salute

Playing DS on my laptop.
8 gb ram
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489, DirectX version: 11.0, Display Memory: 2729 MB
Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver 6.00.0001.5951
Game Settings: Resolution: 1024 x 768, Refresh 60, Fullscreen On, Anti-aliasing Off, Mesh High, Texture High, Shader High, Lighting High
Direct sound, Speakers (Realtek)
Brian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 02:10:06 pm »

Brian, are those of us who don't use Steam going to be able to get access to this in some fashion?

We're going to look into it. Right now, Steam is the easiest way to release an early access demo without handling distribution ourselves.
Sugar Glider
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 04:23:31 pm »

One thing keeps bugging me is that hostile characters seem to pop up out of thin air like
and
and I cannot find any regularity or possible explanation (e.g. relative visibility from the player characters) to it, by myself.  Could you care to explain this?
Brian

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 04:28:39 pm »

One thing keeps bugging me is that hostile characters seem to pop up out of thin air like here and here and I cannot find any regularity or possible explanation (e.g. relative visibility from the player characters) to it, by myself.  Could you care to explain this?

They're not popping out of thin air, they're walking into visual range. If they enter a blind spot, they will disappear until you or an ally spots them again. You only see enemies in the game if you have a line of sight to them.
Sugar Glider
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 04:57:55 pm »

They're not popping out of thin air, they're walking into visual range. If they enter a blind spot, they will disappear until you or an ally spots them again. You only see enemies in the game if you have a line of sight to them.
Thank you for the reply.  Indeed, in the latter one, which is an open area, the hostiles appeared far from the PC.  So, in the former video, probably, the hostile was not in the line of sight due to the car except it doesn't seem to be big enough to conceal whole the body of the hostile, which would be applied to shelves in store areas, too.  However, considering possible difficulties in expressing the line of sight of the PCs, I understand the limitation.  I wonder if there is a better way to let the players know how the PCs are sure of what they see.  Traditionally, there is "fog of war" but it would be very hard to express something partially visible behind a store shelf or a car, which is important in horror genre.
SnallTrippin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 05:14:05 pm »

Thank you for the reply.  Indeed, in the latter one, which is an open area, the hostiles appeared far from the PC.  So, in the former video, probably, the hostile was not in the line of sight due to the car except it doesn't seem to be big enough to conceal whole the body of the hostile, which would be applied to shelves in store areas, too.  However, considering possible difficulties in expressing the line of sight of the PCs, I understand the limitation.  I wonder if there is a better way to let the players know how the PCs are sure of what they see.  Traditionally, there is "fog of war" but it would be very hard to express something partially visible behind a store shelf or a car, which is important in horror genre.

I think this is also possible for strategy efforts frankly. 
Sugar Glider
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 05:22:30 pm »

For tactical factor, I feel cheated when enemies suddenly appears without reasonable explanations although I like some surprises or waves of attacks (hence the "fog of war" reference).
Caidoz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 05:31:46 pm »

Is it affected at all by the direction your character is facing?  Maybe zombies you're actually looking towards appear from farther away, but zombies you have your back to don't show up until they're pretty close.  Would be appropriate for a horror game, I think, force you to check your corners and behind you regularly if you didn't want a nasty surprise.

"A gang of crazed druggie looters could sneak up and rip open our gate with their PCP meth strength - I mean, haven't you ever played a post-apocalyptic role-playing game before?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: