Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of DecadenceAoD Beta Russian Version Released!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD Beta Russian Version Released!  (Read 14362 times)
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2013, 10:45:19 pm »

We are not big on press-releases. “Here is the link, go play the fucking thing and don’t forget to bitch” seems as good a press-release as any. Of course, it’s nice to include self-quotes and go all professional-like:

“The Age of Decadence is da bomb,” says Vince D. Weller. “A real fucking masterpiece of epic proportions!”

But I digress. This press-release isn’t about our game. It’s about the Russian gaming community who got together and translated the demo that was released earlier. It was a huge project as the demo has a lot of text and dialogues, and it took them 9 months to translate it all.

We are humbled and very, very grateful for their effort to bring the demo to people who wouldn’t be able to play it otherwise. Their hard work is a stamp of approval and we’d like to thank everyone who was a part of that project. We hope your countrymen will appreciate your effort.

Without further ado, this is the link to the latest version:

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/101925/the-age-of-decadence-public-beta-release-3-2

This is the Russian patch that magically changes everything to Russian:

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/102134/the-age-of-decadence-russian-patch

So, if you happened to speak Russian or perhaps want to learn it because that’s the language Lenin spoke, apply the patch and enjoy yourself.

Thank you again, guys.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:36:30 am »

Commie Commie Commie
... the English version of 3.2 is included into the torrent; the patch translates it into Russian.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:14:31 am by Vahhabyte » Logged

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
SA_Avenger
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 02:49:16 am »

Congratulations to the russian team Smile
Albatross
DS Silver Patrons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:30:21 am »

Congrats! Thanks, translators!  Commie *Пошел пить водку с медведями*
Vahha
Testers

S:6 D:10 C:8 P:8 I:9 Ch:4 Sp 7 D 8 CS 7 Cr 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:36:09 am »

Got 'em! (the English version of 3.2 is included into the torrent)
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3993244

Russian patch:
http://rusfolder.com/34436111
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:23:38 am by Vahhabyte » Logged

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Black_Corsair
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:13:44 am »

good news, gonna try this after finishing my bottle of vodka
GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 04:23:33 am »

Maybe a russion version of this wonderfully eloquent press release would be in order? Go, translation team! Smile

Seriously that's an impressive amount of work that these guys did. Very impressive, although I personally can't profit from it.

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
Vagabond

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 04:26:34 am »

Commie
Dragatus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 05:21:33 am »

Well done, Russian fans. Approve

"A little while ago, a good friend's wife asked me what playing Dungeons & Dragons involved. Long story short, it turns out that it's basically improv without an audience or time pressure, and a lot of rules. Every time anyone wants to attempt something, it's basically subject to a referee. Who is incidentally trying to kill you. In a fair and impartial manner." - Priapist

A Basic Guide to Combat in age of Decadence
Niektory

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 05:22:54 am »

dammit, for some reasons I'm failing to download anything from atomicgamer. Could anyone upload these files elsewhere?
I've uploaded the Rus patch to MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lu17rkvsxnp72dy/R3_2_to_R3_2rus_Patch.exe

And obligatory:
(click to show/hide)
MidnightSun
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 06:36:05 am »

I should play it just for the fuck of it.
Dragatus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 07:13:41 am »

You're right. I'm going to make a second install and apply the Russian patch to it just to see if I can figure things out. If nothing else, I'll learn how to say "fuck" in Russian. Grin

"A little while ago, a good friend's wife asked me what playing Dungeons & Dragons involved. Long story short, it turns out that it's basically improv without an audience or time pressure, and a lot of rules. Every time anyone wants to attempt something, it's basically subject to a referee. Who is incidentally trying to kill you. In a fair and impartial manner." - Priapist

A Basic Guide to Combat in age of Decadence
Goopy
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 10:27:32 pm »

Случайно увидел новость о выходе русского патча и решил поиграть в эту игру. Однозначно достойный представитель жанра CRPG, прекрасный сеттинг, ламповый геймплей в духе Planescape, Arcanum и фоллача. Полистав форум нашел тему с предложением о создании подраздела для русских игроков, почему же идея не прижилась? Кстати русификатор отличный, удивляет только отсутствие перевода характеристик предметов, хотя думаю это не так уж и важно. Дико интересно когда же релиз, господа? vodka, balalaika, bears  Commie
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 05:35:32 pm »

Случайно увидел новость о выходе русского патча и решил поиграть в эту игру. Однозначно достойный представитель жанра CRPG, прекрасный сеттинг, ламповый геймплей в духе Planescape, Arcanum и фоллача. Полистав форум нашел тему с предложением о создании подраздела для русских игроков, почему же идея не прижилась?
We didn't want to add a 'ghost' forum, but if there is a strong interest (especially now that the Russian version is out), we'll be more than happy to do it.
MidnightSun
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 06:44:26 am »

Случайно увидел новость о выходе русского патча и решил поиграть в эту игру. Однозначно достойный представитель жанра CRPG, прекрасный сеттинг, ламповый геймплей в духе Planescape, Arcanum и фоллача. Полистав форум нашел тему с предложением о создании подраздела для русских игроков, почему же идея не прижилась?
We didn't want to add a 'ghost' forum, but if there is a strong interest (especially now that the Russian version is out), we'll be more than happy to do it.

You're like one of those French people now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: