Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD February update  (Read 36515 times)
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »

Short version: the wait is almost over; the demo will be released in 2 weeks.

Long version: I’ve just realized that it’s been seven months since we’ve started testing. It’s hard to believe that it’s been that long, that the fall and the winter seasons are already over. You get so focused on daily tasks, which pile up faster than you can handle them, that you don't really notice how fast time flies. You look back, but you don't really feel it. Only when you actually count the months, you realize - in shock - how long it's taken.

So, 7 months, 1,900 posts in the beta forums, and 12 builds later (Oscar has just uploaded a new update), we're getting ready to release the demo - as public beta - to our audience.

I'd like to use this opportunity to thank our testers (whom I really can't thank enough). Their input has kept us very busy all these months, kept us working/reworking/tweaking/adding/fixing/breaking shit accidentally and fixing again. Looking back, I realize that back in August we gave the testers a very flawed game and they helped us turn it into a game that we're proud to give you now. It's not perfect in any way, but it's solid.

There were a lot of great ideas and suggestions and I wish we could implement them all, but there is only so much four people can do, even in seven months. Special thanks to people who have encouraged us to take more time to get it right.

I hope you’ll enjoy the game.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:18:18 PM by Vince » Logged
dr.newbenstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:21:15 PM »

Wallbang Of course you're going to release the demo when I go on vacation.

Esquilax
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:51:09 PM »

You guys are fucking amazing. All I've got to say here. The level of dedication, professionalism and intelligence I've seen from the four of you (even the ever-mysterious Ivan who does not post here) over the past few years of lurking and sporadically posting here is inspiring and I can't wait to see the results of your labour.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm loving the interface. User-friendly, and it doesn't take up a third of the screen like it did before.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:03:57 PM by Esquilax » Logged
evilhyde
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:32:22 PM »

New interface is damn sexy!
Darkthia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:54:01 PM »

Wow, thats awesome.

It looks magnitudes better than i thought it would, and i'm really digging the new interface.

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
LibertyRansom
Neophyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 12:10:22 AM »

Wow the new interface looks great.  I can't wait.
Syls
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 02:04:03 AM »

I've been lurking in this forum for years now, I can't wait to finally play the demo!!!!
cb.spike

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 02:23:47 AM »

Of course I will go on vacation when you release the demo Smile
CandyStick
Craftsman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 03:18:03 AM »

Smile Yeea!!!!, I am a little bumed out that the full game is clearly still far away (if time to polish the demo was any indication) can't wait to get a taste of what you guys have been cooking up though.
Congrats on getting to this point sirs!
tuluse
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 03:46:43 AM »

Looks like I picked a good time to sign up for the forums. Very excited too see what you have in store.
Saruman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 04:55:08 AM »

the wait is almost over; the demo will be released in 2 weeks.
Yeeeeeeaaaaah Commie
Do you speak about public beta? Or final demo?
AbounI

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 04:58:43 AM »

2 weeks, can't wait to be there. Grin
Love this feb Update.Sincerely.
The new GUI is in a very awe style
FireStomp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 05:14:09 AM »

Two weeks from now is right at the end of my spring vacation from school. I anticipate many classes skipped due to you and your devilishly good game design, Vince.

Also, the new interface really is gorgeous.

"Man is a marvelous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is a sort of low grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm." - Samuel L. Clemens
Lexx
Journeyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 05:35:24 AM »

The graphic whore in me is pleased.
Dragatus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 05:58:49 AM »

the wait is almost over; the demo will be released in 2 weeks.
Yeeeeeeaaaaah Commie
Do you speak about public beta? Or final demo?

You failed your Perception check. Wink

So, 7 months, 1,900 posts in the beta forums, and 12 builds later (Oscar has just uploaded a new update), we're getting ready to release the demo - as public beta - to our audience.

"A little while ago, a good friend's wife asked me what playing Dungeons & Dragons involved. Long story short, it turns out that it's basically improv without an audience or time pressure, and a lot of rules. Every time anyone wants to attempt something, it's basically subject to a referee. Who is incidentally trying to kill you. In a fair and impartial manner." - Priapist

A Basic Guide to Combat in age of Decadence
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: