Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Romance Options?  (Read 5843 times)
Vex
Neophyte

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:48:00 AM »

Hi all!

Someone pointed Age of Decadence out to me as a title to watch. And from what I have seen so far, I absolutely agree - the setting sounds suitably machiavellian, I love having the option of playing a mostly non-combat character, daggers being dangerous weapons make me happy and I can't wait to figure out some of the plots behind all the chaos.

So, gorgeous stuff.

Now my question: Will there be Romance Options?

And I don't mean the one line, one cutscene from the recent BioWare things, but more something along the line of Baldur's Gate? And by "Romance", I really mean any kind of relationship with NPCs or factions that will show up over and over again?

Or will the game be more like breezing through the different hubs, leaving behind individuals but no connection?

All in all, the Age of Decadence sounds like a step in the right direction of the ultimate game I always wanted. I'm already halfway to supporting the Iron Tower guys to finish this, and very grateful for the Rock, Paper, Shotgun crowd for pointing me here.
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:09:30 AM »

Romance as in finding a man or woman as romantic interest? Definitely not.

There will be connections with NPCs that will appear throughout the game, and you will shape different kind of relationships with them. And well, the factions are the main core of the game, so they will show up over and over again, and you will shape very different and strong relationships with them. We even track your standing with each faction in the character screen.

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
l3loodAngel
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 03:58:30 AM »

Romance as in finding a man or woman as romantic interest? Definitely not.

There will be connections with NPCs that will appear throughout the game, and you will shape different kind of relationships with them. And well, the factions are the main core of the game, so they will show up over and over again, and you will shape very different and strong relationships with them. We even track your standing with each faction in the character screen.

But can you romance factions?
Vex
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:42:46 AM »

Psh, don't Fable me Vahhabyte, I specifically stated BG as base for my question. You know, good RPGs, not bad action games with holding hands options. Grin

Anyway, sounds good, though it's a shame we can't build up individual relationships, and I definitely hope there are different gender-specific situations and dialogues, a la Fallout 2.

I remember actually befriending the Bosmer mage girl in Morrowind's mage guild. It was rather random, and not even based on any in-game texts - we just got along well all the time, and boom, suddenly I felt real affection for that character. It drove the level of immersion up beyond belief.

Ah well. I'll play the game first (eventually), and then judge. Wink
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:19 AM »

There are gender specific situations and dialogues similar to the Fallout games.

Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »

Professional relationships - yes. Romances - no. People trying to fuck you - yes.
Bradr
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »

People trying to fuck you - yes.

With the shiny knife or the hairy one?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:48:15 AM by Bradr » Logged

December 25, 2009, 07:49:24 PM
"http://www.irontowerstudio.com/files/AoD_demo.ex Go nuts." - Vince
Yes sir, I believe I will
sporky
Artisan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »

We need a barfing emoticon.

People were always getting ready for tomorrow. I didn't believe in that. Tomorrow wasn't getting ready for them. It didn't even know they were there.
CORMAC MCCARTHY, The Road
Zdzisiu
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »

People trying to fuck you - yes.

Knowing Vince, do you really need to ask?
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »

If it were the Codex, it would be both at the same time.

Vahhabyte

S:5 D:7 C:4 P:10 I:10 Ch:4 Th 5 Bl 8 CS 7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 03:55:22 PM »

Yuck, sounds like Cannibal Corpse lyrics  Angry

Good people disobey bad laws.
Wened
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 04:15:42 PM »

Yuck, sounds like Cannibal Corpse lyrics  Angry

Ockham's Razor - The only weapon capable of deicide
The Bad Guy
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 07:56:37 AM »

Please, no romance.
Deep relationship development between characters like friendship and loyalty, but no romance.

Perhaps in expansion you can pickup girls from bar.

Age of Decadence: The Pickup Artist
Azthor
Apprentice

S: 4 D: 4 C: 4 P: 8 I: 10 C: 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:09 PM »

I don't really mind wheter it is there or not, as long as it can be altogether skipped. Political intrigue? Now, that is what I am  looking forward to. I wouldn't mind being able to reactivate an ancient superweapon either... (You know, just for the sake of science, it is completly unretelated to a personal desire for indulging in mass destruction Wink)
Konjad
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 07:58:11 AM »

I need to have blue alien homosexual hardcore sex or it is no buy for me  Angry Learn from masters, like Bioware.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: