Iron Tower Studio ForumsRPGThe Age of Decadence (Moderator: Vahhabyte)AoD gameplay video - the second Assassins Guild's quest
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AoD gameplay video - the second Assassins Guild's quest  (Read 67213 times)
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:39:36 AM »

It took us awhile but we've finally managed to put together a gameplay video from photoshopped screenshots (flip animation FTW).

The video shows the second Assassins Guild's quest, the game flow, a night map, fire particles for the easily amused, the PC fighting with allies (just because you don't have an entourage of emotionally scarred people with troubled past doesn't mean you have to save the world all by your awesome self), and an optional third-person view.

Btw, see that alchemist guy with a crossbow? If you keep him alive, he'll give you something nice, which will increase your chances of staying alive in the third Assassins Guild's quest from 5% to 12.7%. Just sayin'.

Anyway, hope you like it.

PS. Some high-res screens for you:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:27:09 PM by Overseer » Logged

"Hasta la victoria, siempre."

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have it?"
Vahhabyte

S:5 D:7 C:4 P:10 I:10 Ch:4 Th 5 Bl 8 CS 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »

OMFG, a gift for Orthdox Christmas?

Thanks guys, I'm spreading it over Russian internets.

Good people disobey bad laws.
Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 12:42:29 PM »

Yep, Nick is partying right now smug

Nick
Administrator

En Taro Adun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 12:43:37 PM »

OMFG, a gift for Orthdox Christmas?

You knew it smug
:eats kutya:

"Oh, 'twould be marvelous if the world and its moral questions were like some game board, with plain black players and white, and fixed rules, and nary a shade of grey."
The Black Company. Shadows Linger.

"But is the best good enough?"
(c) Oscar
Lainestin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 01:03:07 PM »

Awesome video. I love the combat music track in this one.

I wish you had slowed down the video more during the dialogue, so I didn't have to pause to read what people are saying. Also, while this video shows off the impressive graphics, I wish you had chosen a different quest that had more choices.
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 01:09:58 PM »

It's hard to show choices in a video, unless you go back and forth and explore different branches. For example, there are several choices in this quest but they are barely visible in the video. The most important choice is killing your partner instead of killing the Imperial Guards' commander, in which case the quest would take a very different direction. Another choice is using a disguise option instead of fleeing through the window.

Oscar
Developer

AoD Lead Artist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 01:14:37 PM »

You can check the spoilers for more info about those choices.

(click to show/hide)

GhanBuriGhan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 01:58:34 PM »

It's hard to show choices in a video, unless you go back and forth and explore different branches. For example, there are several choices in this quest but they are barely visible in the video. The most important choice is killing your partner instead of killing the Imperial Guards' commander, in which case the quest would take a very different direction. Another choice is using a disguise option instead of fleeing through the window.

A narrated video might be a good choice there, I remember CD project did some nice ones for the witcher!

"It's coming"
Yah, but you didn't say thursday. Gotcha!

Cool video, but some of the dialog screens go too fast. Game looks nice, I must say. Some new animations, also I think? Net throwing looks excellent now. Good work Oscar and Ivan, you are a credit to the guild!

------------------------------------------=====================---------------------------------------
"Merely killing those being mean to me. It's not my fault it's everyone in the world of AoD". (Vahhabyte)
micks

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 02:29:49 PM »

You knew it smug
:eats kutya:
I honestly hope you're not half-Hungarian or something.  Smile
Nice video and I hereby change my opinion on the visuals from "decent enough" to "really good looking".
Lexx
Journeyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »

Love the grass 'n stuff. Graphic whore in me is pleased. Combat looks tense, made me remember how I felt while playing the combat demo. Couldn't read all the text now, as I am a little bit out of time for today. :>
erbgor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »

Nice Grin I love how you're able to turn 2 vs 2 into 2 vs 1 due to better mobility.

Edit: How many times, on average, will I be fighting bigger battles like this one (i.e. not alone)?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:10:21 PM by erbgor » Logged

Just what is so great and serious about videogames that videogame journalists should be fighters for truth, rather than purely promotional devices for a niche hobby (which is what they were meant to be).?
Vince
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 03:37:54 PM »

Quite often. All Imperial Guards' quests, for example. 
Gareth

Indubitably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 04:02:59 PM »

Awesome video guys. And can I just say how pimp that cloak looks.

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

My blog
Starwars

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »

I think it speaks volumes when I find it exciting to actually watch a turnbased fight like this, and knowing how tense the combat demo could be then... yeah, awesome.

Looks great. And yes, the cloak looks badass.

Vince: "We strongly believe that the hardcore player doesn't want to be loved, but wants to be kicked in the balls and then kneed in the face."

Check out some of my home-recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/Starwars83/videos?flow=grid&view=0
bhlaab
DS Bronze Patrons

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »

What was with that one turn where the Colton guy just ran back and forth? Was that an AI bug or am I missing something? Looking great besides that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: